Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monte Vista Wood Fire Oven doesn't work and no sound. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Monte Vista Wood Fire Oven doesn't work and no sound. [SOLVED] Empty Monte Vista Wood Fire Oven doesn't work and no sound. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 29 Jun 2013, 14:10

Hey, I downloaded few days ago Monte Vista.
When I started the game it seem to work fine, but actually the wood fire oven didn't work. 
so I tried to delete Monte Vista and install it again a few times but it still doesn't work.
Plus, When I tell my Sim to go to the bookstore and 'Shop for Books', The sim doesn't do anything and aventually the command disappers.
I searched for solutions but I didn't find any. I even searched this forum and I saw that someone was struggling with the same oven problem and he download some Store Fixes from Games4theworld mediafire but unfortunally it's closed:( 

Another problem with the game is that there is no sound at all. It worked and suddenly it didn't. I deleted and installed all of my Sims 3 Expansion packs and the base game (Which was totally HELL) and installed it again and it still doesn't work. I heard it was a common problem, Is there any solutions?

Thanks and sorry for my English:D

Back to top Go down

Monte Vista Wood Fire Oven doesn't work and no sound. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Monte Vista Wood Fire Oven doesn't work and no sound. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 29 Jun 2013, 14:19

Shirel766 wrote:Hey, I downloaded few days ago Monte Vista.
When I started the game it seem to work fine, but actually the wood fire oven didn't work. 
so I tried to delete Monte Vista and install it again a few times but it still doesn't work.
Plus, When I tell my Sim to go to the bookstore and 'Shop for Books', The sim doesn't do anything and aventually the command disappers.
I searched for solutions but I didn't find any. I even searched this forum and I saw that someone was struggling with the same oven problem and he download some Store Fixes from Games4theworld mediafire but unfortunally it's closed:( 

Another problem with the game is that there is no sound at all. It worked and suddenly it didn't. I deleted and installed all of my Sims 3 Expansion packs and the base game (Which was totally HELL) and installed it again and it still doesn't work. I heard it was a common problem, Is there any solutions?

Thanks and sorry for my English:D

Hello,

Do you have any mods which are related to "books" ? If yes, remove them.

And if you wait a little while until the new Games4theWorld download account re-opens, you can download the store fixes too (the old Mediafire account was closed down).

As for the missing sound problem, try deleting the cache files in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3:

CasPartCache.package, compositorCache.package, scriptCache.package, simCompositorCache.package, socialCache.package

In that location, also delete the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" and "Thumbnails". See if this helps against the missing sound.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Monte Vista Wood Fire Oven doesn't work and no sound. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Monte Vista Wood Fire Oven doesn't work and no sound. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 29 Jun 2013, 18:14

Carlos G. wrote:
Hello,

Do you have any mods which are related to "books" ? If yes, remove them.

And if you wait a little while until the new Games4theWorld download account re-opens, you can download the store fixes too (the old Mediafire account was closed down).

As for the missing sound problem, try deleting the cache files in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3:

CasPartCache.package, compositorCache.package, scriptCache.package, simCompositorCache.package, socialCache.package

In that location, also delete the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" and "Thumbnails". See if this helps against the missing sound.

Thanks, But it didn't help. There is still no sound in the game Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 06 Jul 2013, 22:27

Shirel766 wrote:Thanks, But it didn't help. There is still no sound in the game Sad

Hello again,

In case you missed it, you can download the latest G4TW store fixes from here now: http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/ts3/storefixes.html

Moreover, you could sell the oven in Buy-mode, and then buy a new one. See if it works after that.

And about your sound: does that sound work in other worlds ? If yes, then that might be a glitch with Isla Paradiso.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Jul 2013, 03:41

Carlos G. wrote:Hello again,

In case you missed it, you can download the latest G4TW store fixes from here now: http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/ts3/storefixes.html

Moreover, you could sell the oven in Buy-mode, and then buy a new one. See if it works after that.

And about your sound: does that sound work in other worlds ? If yes, then that might be a glitch with Isla Paradiso.

Hey! I fixed the oven problem a couple of days ago using the Store Fixes, and appearantly the program's sound was off somehow, so I fixed that too.
Thank you!!! Smile

Helper edit: OK, I'm glad you found out the problem with the sound yourself. I interpret this as "problem solved" - so I will close the topic.

- Carlos G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top