Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to get food at stands, lifeguard doesnt go to job

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to get food at stands, lifeguard doesnt go to job Empty Unable to get food at stands, lifeguard doesnt go to job

Post by Guest Sun 30 Jun 2013, 02:10

Hi all,

As the title says, not able to buy food at the stands that came with IP, and during the lifeguard's working hours it says "on the clock" but he doesn't go anywhere. I applied the Ultimate Fix but no luck. Everything else working great, any help would be greatly appreciated!Noob

Back to top Go down

Unable to get food at stands, lifeguard doesnt go to job Empty Re: Unable to get food at stands, lifeguard doesnt go to job

Post by Guest Mon 01 Jul 2013, 10:51

Are you at Island Paradiso?

Back to top Go down

Unable to get food at stands, lifeguard doesnt go to job Empty Re: Unable to get food at stands, lifeguard doesnt go to job

Post by J.T. Mon 01 Jul 2013, 10:58

Karenev56 wrote:Hi all,

As the title says, not able to buy food at the stands that came with IP, and during the lifeguard's working hours it says "on the clock" but he doesn't go anywhere. I applied the Ultimate Fix but no luck. Everything else working great, any help would be greatly appreciated!Noob

Hello,

I am pretty sure that you don't know how to command your sims to work. When your sims are on the clock (as lifeguards), zoom out to the map view and you can see some sort of tags pointing to beaches. Get your sims change and travel there. Click on the chair and click on the option "survey beach" and your sims would start working and someone will be drowning and a "+" sign embedded in an orange circle will be shown. It's time for your sims to save people and gain a bit of simoleons!
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Jul 2013, 16:26

Yes, am on Island Paradise, and will try your suggestions with my lifeguard. Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 01 Jul 2013, 18:33

Karenev56 wrote:Hi all,

Hello,

I can't get any food at the stands either, so I guess that's another bug.  Wat. 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Jul 2013, 20:38

Same here, I can't get food at the food stand or drinks from the pool bar.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Jul 2013, 21:29

Turns out I had an old "decrapped pet register" in my packages, had read on forums that anything about a register that you have installed will mess up the food stands. So took it out and my food stands and lifeguard career are working perfectly. Also, was concerned couldn't find the new 'quick meals' that came with IP and found out they are only available if you have the mini-refrigerator.  So might help to look and see if anything to do with a register is in your mods/packages. Hope this helps some people!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Jul 2013, 00:25

Same problems here so i do remove my old saved game clean my caches and this time the food stands work fine but the lifeguard  not i really don't now what is the problem all my Mod are updated (NRaas_Overwatch/ NRaas_ErrorTrap and the storefix)  Noob Exclamation

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Jul 2013, 01:26

Even though i have all of the mods updated, my lifeguard career didn't work. After removing the mods it works. However when i did that, all npcs at my resort disappeared and i can't place new ones, either. So i don't think nraas mods are trustworthy anymore, at least for now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Jul 2013, 02:42

Which of his mods do you have? I have only have overwatch and the woohooer and my resorts are working fine. Just did the latest update today. Maybe if you just try those two? Also, just did the ultimate fix from here rather than KT's store fix. Took out everything from KT, if you are using his, then try deleting and just using the ultimate from here.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Tue 02 Jul 2013, 08:23

Hello,

I am glad to say I don't have this "unable to get food from stands" glitch. Due to the fact that I don't have any mods, I am pretty sure that this glitch is correpsonding to Nraas' mods: Overwatch, Master Controller, Errortrap, or other mods or CC. Maybe you guys should rename The Sims 3 folder in the documents and start your game without mods and CC.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Jul 2013, 14:18

OK like i sad before i have the same problems but i solve it with cut the Sims 3 file in Electronic Art put it on the desktop,stat a fresh game then installer my mods( Nrass-overwatch  / Nrass-erreurtrap and the storefix) and my cc and run my game and now every think is OK the stand food and the lifeguard are both working fine lol!   but i still don't figure out the problem scratch because i have the same cc and Mod? any way i wish this will help Somme of you The Sims 3 plumbob I love you

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jul 2013, 14:32

Hello, use cheat "testingcheatsenabled true" and go to beach press Shift + right click or left click (im forgot Very Happy) and click "spawn job" and now u can try click at chair and see if "survey" available and sims start drowning Wink, good luck

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Jul 2013, 14:53

Is your problem solved?
Anything else we can help you with?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Jul 2013, 23:52

I have this same problem, but "spawn job" isn't working for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Tue 16 Jul 2013, 00:30

Hello,

Please apply the latest store fix (updated on 7/7) to solve the problem. You can download it here.

J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Jul 2013, 01:08

I applied the store update when it came out, and I just tried again just in case.  No change.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Tue 16 Jul 2013, 01:11

Hello,

This simply implies that one/more of your mods/CC is/are causing the issue. Can you rename this folder: C:\Users\(your computer name)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 and try the following method to find out the source of the problem:
Unable to get food at stands, lifeguard doesnt go to job 50pFlowv2
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Jul 2013, 02:10

wow, ok i'll give it a try, will let you know how it goes.

So that took a lot of patience I didn't have, I ended up just getting rid of old CCs I don't use anymore, and some duplicates that were there.  I have no mods.  So now it works.  Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top