Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Island Paradise Cave Exploration Problem

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Island Paradise Cave Exploration Problem Empty Island Paradise Cave Exploration Problem

Post by Guest Mon 01 Jul 2013, 17:16

Hiya.

Getting a bit of a problem I think, as far as the diving in Island Paradise is concerned. Every time that I dive, there's no problem, but when my Sim explores a cave, she is merely immediately transported to the shore and cannot dive again because of the de-pressurisation moodlet. 
I've explored caves before where my Sim has actually found things, but now she simply leaps to the nearest shore.
Has anyone else encountered this? It's very frustrating!

Back to top Go down

Island Paradise Cave Exploration Problem Empty Re: Island Paradise Cave Exploration Problem

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 01 Jul 2013, 17:21

KeroseneCatastrophe wrote:Hiya.

Getting a bit of a problem I think, as far as the diving in Island Paradise is concerned. Every time that I dive, there's no problem, but when my Sim explores a cave, she is merely immediately transported to the shore and cannot dive again because of the de-pressurisation moodlet. 
I've explored caves before where my Sim has actually found things, but now she simply leaps to the nearest shore.
Has anyone else encountered this? It's very frustrating!

Hello there,

I haven't had much time to properly test that expansion, but are you using the "NRAAS ErrorTrap" mod, by chance ? If yes, remove it.

Also, does this "resetting" only happen in particular places/caves/shores ? Or does it happen randomnly ?

If it's something random, then that might just be another bug.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Island Paradise Cave Exploration Problem Empty Re: Island Paradise Cave Exploration Problem

Post by Guest Mon 01 Jul 2013, 17:57

Nope, I don't use any mods at all. It's quite random but sometimes it happens and sometimes the exploring works. Very frustrating!
I'll accept it as a bug for now I guess, but thank you very much!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Oct 2013, 19:24

I've been having the same problems as you. I've seen posts that say you need have a higher experience level with Scuba Diving to be able to explore the caves - if you don't then you ( and anyone around you in the water / boat etc ) is cast away to the nearest bit of land. 

I think my Scuba Diving level is only a 5 or 6, yet still won't let me in the cave. I'm not sure if this is a bug that they aren't fixing yet or the rumours are true, and you need to have a high experience level! Hope this helps.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Dec 2013, 15:27

Hey, sorry for such a slow reply to this! My Sims games all corrupted and uninstalled and I've been too busy to fix it until now. 
I've got a highest-level Scuba Diver and I don't recall having the problem with her, so this is highly possible. Cheers! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top