Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Downloaded Late Night says it needs Disc.. I may have messed up with the crack help please

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Downloaded Late Night says it needs Disc.. I may have messed up with the crack help please Empty Downloaded Late Night says it needs Disc.. I may have messed up with the crack help please

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jun 2011, 06:08

Hello I am new here and this is actually my first program download.. so I apologize if i'm wasting your time cause of my newbie-ness

I just downloaded the Sims 3 Late Night torrent and I have slow internet so it took very long.. anyways after I installed Late Night I became an anxious moron and when I got to the part where you drag and drop all the files I didn't read it correctly.

I drag and dropped Folder "1. Late Night" into "The Sims 3 Late Night/Game/Bin" and chose replace.. but I did the same thing with folder "2. The Sims 3", folder "3. World Adventures" and folder "4. High End Loft Stuff" and chose replace before realizing not only was I not supposed to put them in the same folder.. but I don't have World Adventures or High End Loft Stuff.

I tried to undo the move but I was unable to undo folder 2 and 3.. so I hoped maybe it would still work so I started the game and it opened up fine.. 'The Sims 3 Late Night' loading screen went fine but when it came to the choosing a game to play it said it needed the late night disc.

I went ahead and downloaded another 'Late Night' crack from online I am unsure what a crack is exactly so I don't know if they all work the same or not so I thought I would come on here and see what you guys suggest first.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Back to top Go down

Downloaded Late Night says it needs Disc.. I may have messed up with the crack help please Empty Re: Downloaded Late Night says it needs Disc.. I may have messed up with the crack help please

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jun 2011, 06:15

Hi there. So first of all go Here for information about the fix and for the download link. Once you have downloaded the fix extract its contents and apply the original files to each games bin folder. This means for every game you have installed you need to take files from the fixes corresponding folders and place the files within those folders into the corresponding games bin folder.

Once you have done that you need to take the cracks from the night life cracks folder and apply them to the games you have installed. If you have not installed certain games do not apply the cracks for those games. Only apply the cracks to the games you do have. If you were to download and install generations however you would only have to apply one crack. At the top of the website you see a message that tells you how to install the game. We recommend downloading and installing generations for ease of install.

Back to top Go down

Downloaded Late Night says it needs Disc.. I may have messed up with the crack help please Empty Re: Downloaded Late Night says it needs Disc.. I may have messed up with the crack help please

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jun 2011, 07:10

Thank you for your quick reply.. I'm on the sims3launcher now and the update is available but when I click 'update now' nothing happens.. I can keep pressing it but it just stays the same?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jun 2011, 07:10

If you want to update a game you cannot apply the cracks. You have to apply the cracks after you have updated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jun 2011, 07:22

Oh i'm sorry I didn't explain.. the installation guide tells me to update after I apply the cracks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jun 2011, 07:28

No, you update before you apply the cracks. Cracks generally cut off all internet access, or most of it. Thats how a crack works. You need to apply the fix once again and then update. After you have updated you can apply the cracks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jun 2011, 07:34

I must be very confused.. when I move everything in the crack folders to sims 3 late night/game/bin is that no applying the crack? =/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jun 2011, 07:41

In my signature there is a download link to my installation guide for generations. Please take a look at that. However you will need generations until I add support for those who do not wish to install generations.

Each crack before generations was released had to be applied to each individual game. You can't just place all cracks into the Night Life /game/bin/ folder. Each crack is for a different game. One which you have to apply to the base game, another which you have to apply to world adventures (if you installed it) and one of which you have to apply to the night life game. So for every expansion and stuff pack you have installed you have to apply a unique crack to that individual game. That is why there are folders for each game with cracks inside them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jun 2011, 07:56

Ohhhh I have to download generations I see.. when I said my internet was slow I meant really slow.. I had to leave my computer on all night and today until late night finished.. so generations will probably take around the same amount of time.. so I guess ill just try..

But as for now all I have is the base game and most recent update and now late night.. so I was really only trying to play that.. and I applied to the crack to the base game and late night and now my game says there is an update.. and when I try to press play there is a pop up that says "It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification that does not match your current version of The Sims 3. We recommend that you either uninstall these game modifications or get updated versions of them - otherwise you may experience crashes or significant bugs. Do you want to quit?"

sorry if my inexperience is frustrating.. it is to me as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jun 2011, 08:25

I honestly don't remember if I ever had that error before generations was installed but I do know with generations installed you will get that error. Just press continue/ok and see if it lets you play. If the game crashes, try reinstalling and updating before applying the cracks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jun 2011, 08:35

I am getting the 'Unable to start game' error now.. I think ill uninstall everything reinstall it update it and wait for generations to be done in about 8-9 hours and just do that.. from everything I read on these forums its definitely the way to go lol.. thanks for your patience! I will come back when all this is done with an update or (hopefully not) more problems lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jun 2011, 08:50

Ok, I will be here most likely.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jun 2011, 20:26

Ok so Generations is finally done downloading.. I reinstalled the Sims 3 and updated the game.. so now do I install Late Night again and Generations? And after I do that I only have to apply the generations crack?

//EDIT

Nevermind I think I got it.. I just follow the ultimate fix directions and not the generations installation guide right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jun 2011, 21:26

You can use either the fix directions or my installation guide. I usually recommend my own guide because its the safest way to install the series. Just ignore the steps that don't apply to you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 17 Jun 2011, 22:01

Jooshua wrote:Ok so Generations is finally done downloading.. I reinstalled the Sims 3 and updated the game.. so now do I install Late Night again and Generations? And after I do that I only have to apply the generations crack?

//EDIT

Nevermind I think I got it.. I just follow the ultimate fix directions and not the generations installation guide right?
Hello,

Follow the steps to install Generations and when dóne, follow the steps in the Fix' installation guide.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male