Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A reminder to you all.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A reminder to you all. Empty A reminder to you all.

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 05 Aug 2013, 17:29

Hello,

Here's a little reminder for everyone that certain topics are not meant for asking&answering, for example this topic, and everything in the fixes section.
All questions asked in those topics are supposed to be removed. If you come across a question or problem in one of those topics, please remove the post or, if you don't have moderator control (in that section), report the message so a moderator or administrator can take care of it.

Thank you for your time!
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

A reminder to you all. Empty Re: A reminder to you all.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 06 Aug 2013, 23:11

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

Here's a little reminder for everyone that certain topics are not meant for asking & answering, for example this topic, and everything in the fixes section.
All questions asked in those topics are supposed to be removed. If you come across a question or problem in one of those topics, please remove the post or, if you don't have moderator control (in that section), report the message so a moderator or administrator can take care of it.

Thank you for your time!

Hello,

Another (bit more time-consuming) method could be for Moderators, Admins and maybe even Sims Helpers to actually use the function "split topics", and split the wrongly placed post to the correct section.

What I have already done is to actually edit the post and write something like "Mod edit: please open a new topic in the right sections". Then I left the post untouched for a while, so that the user has time to notice my edit. And at the end I deleted the post.

Also, I have immediately deleted posts, and then wrote a PM to the user that s/he should open a new topic in the right section.

So there are several ways to deal with that, but in my taste, it's a bit wiser to delete the post and somehow notifying the user about that. The user would otherwise just post again in the wrong section, without knowing why it is wrong to do that.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 06 Aug 2013, 23:17

Carlos G. wrote:So there are several ways to deal with that, but in my taste, it's a bit wiser to delete the post and somehow notifying the user about that. The user would otherwise just post again in the wrong section, without knowing why it is wrong to do that.
I understand your concerns, but believe me, I did the same in the past. But then I thought: why do people even comment on a topic, without even reading the opening post, which says "NOT" to post any problems in that specific topic.
Or take the "PC downloads Support" section. When someone tries to post there, it CLEARLY says NOT to post ANY The Sims (3) related problems there, or else we'll remove their topic. And still people post there. It gets quite annoying after a few years, believe me. The "Fixes" sections have several warnings, not just one. Life's tough sometimes.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 07 Aug 2013, 16:04

Besides, most people "get it" after their post has been deleted once. They'll open a new topic, state their question was removed, and then proceed to ask their question.

I too see what you're trying to say Carlos. I've never felt good about deleting someone's post because it was inappropriately placed. But we're getting quite a lot of traffic here at the forum and I think it would be too time consuming to do anything other than delete such posts.
Personally, I don't mind that you take the time to let someone know about their deleted post by PM, and tell them to opena new topic elsewhere, but yes it does get old.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 07 Aug 2013, 17:38

Admin wrote:I understand your concerns, but believe me, I did the same in the past. But then I thought: why do people even comment on a topic, without even reading the opening post, which says "NOT" to post any problems in that specific topic.
Or take the "PC downloads Support" section. When someone tries to post there, it CLEARLY says NOT to post ANY The Sims (3) related problems there, or else we'll remove their topic. And still people post there. It gets quite annoying after a few years, believe me. The "Fixes" sections have several warnings, not just one. Life's tough sometimes.

Lady ElDi wrote:Besides, most people "get it" after their post has been deleted once. They'll open a new topic, state their question was removed, and then proceed to ask their question.

I too see what you're trying to say Carlos. I've never felt good about deleting someone's post because it was inappropriately placed. But we're getting quite a lot of traffic here at the forum and I think it would be too time consuming to do anything other than delete such posts.
Personally, I don't mind that you take the time to let someone know about their deleted post by PM, and tell them to opena new topic elsewhere, but yes it does get old.

Dear Admin, dear Lady Eldi,

Yes, you're probably right; in the long-run, it would be too time-consuming to write PM's or edit/split posts. I guess I was a bit "idealistic" in this respect. Razz 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top