Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem with installing the crack for Generations.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problem with installing the crack for Generations. Empty Problem with installing the crack for Generations.

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jun 2011, 04:32

I installed Generations today and I think that there's something wrong with my download because in the Bin folder of The Sims 3 Generations there's fewer items in the folder then the other expansions I've downloaded. Because of that, when I move the items from the #Crack folder it just moves them instead of having to replace previously existing items. I'll post a screenshot of the Bin folder below. Just want to make sure that it was a problem with my download before I download the 4.72 GBs all over again.

https://imgur.com/4PQqi

Last edited by MetallicSquid on Tue 28 Jun 2011, 04:35; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added a link to a screenshot of my problem.)

Back to top Go down

Problem with installing the crack for Generations. Empty Re: Problem with installing the crack for Generations.

Post by Admin Tue 28 Jun 2011, 17:42

Hello,

Please note that you need to copy the files to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin and not to the Generations installation folder.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Problem with installing the crack for Generations. Empty Re: Problem with installing the crack for Generations.

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jun 2011, 22:17

Admin wrote:Hello,

Please note that you need to copy the files to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin and not to the Generations installation folder.

But on all the other expansion packs I've installed I've added the crack to Expansion Pack's bin folder and not the Sims 3 bin folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 28 Jun 2011, 23:29

MetallicSquid wrote:

But on all the other expansion packs I've installed I've added the crack to Expansion Pack's bin folder and not the Sims 3 bin folder.
Hello,

That's correct, but for Generations it's different. You have to copy it to the base game's installation folder.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Jun 2011, 04:26

Admin wrote:
MetallicSquid wrote:

Hello,

That's correct, but for Generations it's different. You have to copy it to the base game's installation folder.

Ok thanks. I just installed The Sims 3 base game from Games4theworld. So now I install generations, and then other expansion packs, update them all, and then apply the cracks?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 30 Jun 2011, 15:08

MetallicSquid wrote:
Admin wrote:
MetallicSquid wrote:

Hello,

Ok thanks. I just installed The Sims 3 base game from Games4theworld. So now I install generations, and then other expansion packs, update them all, and then apply the cracks?
Hello,

No, at the end you only have to apply the Ultimate Fix. (Which contains only the crack for Generations)
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Jun 2011, 15:24

Admin wrote:
MetallicSquid wrote:
Admin wrote:
MetallicSquid wrote:

Hello,

Hello,

No, at the end you only have to apply the Ultimate Fix. (Which contains only the crack for Generations)

Do I apply the crack for the Ambitions expansion pack from the Ultimate Fix or just the Generations crack?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 30 Jun 2011, 15:41

MetallicSquid wrote:
Admin wrote:
MetallicSquid wrote:
Admin wrote:
MetallicSquid wrote:

Hello,

Hello,

Do I apply the crack for the Ambitions expansion pack from the Ultimate Fix or just the Generations crack?
Hello,

All the folders you see in the Fix, those aren't cracks. The only crack that comes with the crack in the Generations crack, which is in the "# Crack" folder. All the other folders are original files, which are needed in order to update the game.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top