Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New pc!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New pc! - Page 2 Empty New pc!

Post by Guest Fri 13 Sep 2013, 20:29

First topic message reminder :

Hello Simies!

First i want to tell how much i love you guys! I know i say it every time but well Laughing .

Im gonna build a new stationer computer this days and since i don't trust anywhere else im gonna ask it here. I have some graphic cards that im thinking about but im not sure. 

1 . MSI GeForce GTX 660 2GB PhysX CUDA PCI-Express 3.0, Twin Frozr III, GDDR5, DVI-D+DVI-I, native-HDMI, DisplayPort

2. ZOTAC GeForce GTX 760 4GB PhysX CUDA PCI-Express 3.0, GDDR5, DL-DVI-D + DL-DVI-I, HDMI, DisplayPort, 993MHz 

3. XFX Radeon HD 7870 2GB GDDR5 PCI-Express 3.0, "Dual Fan -DD", with Never Settle Forever - 2 free games

4. Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB GDDR5 PCI-Express 3.0, "Boost Clock", with Never Settle Forever - 3 free games

Those 3 cards is the ones im thinking of since i want to play the sims 3 all in full graphics

The rest of the pc is this :

NZXT Phantom Big Tower Röd Fläktar: 2x 120mm Side, 1x 200mm Topp, 1x 120mm Bak LED på/av,
XFX ProSeries Core Edition 550W PSU ATX 12V V2.31, 80 Plus Bronze, Standard, 1x 6pin PCIe, 1x 6+2pin PCIe, 6x SATA 
AMD FX-4300 4-Core Processor Socket-AM3+, 3.8Ghz, 95W, 4MB L2 + 6MB L3 Cache, 32nm, Black Edition
Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P, Socket-AM3+ ATX, 970+SB950, DDR3, 2xPCIe-x16, CFX, SATA 6Gb/s, USB 3.0, UEFI 
Kingston DDR3 HyperX 1600MHz 8GB Kit w/2X HyperX Genesis 4GB DDR3, CL9-9-9-27, 240pin

Seagate Barracuda®️ 1TB SATA 6Gb/s (SATA 3.0), 64MB Cache, 7200RPM, 3.5" 
Samsung DVD Writer, SH-224DB SATA, DVD±R: 24x, DVD±R DL: 8x, CD-R: 48x, Bulk, BLACK
 Samsung 24" LED S24C350H 1920x1080, 5ms, 1000:1, VGA/HDMI 
ASUS USB-N66 Dual-Band N900 USB Adapter Powerful Wireless dual-band 3x3 USB adapter delievers high speed 450Mbps WI-FI
Microsoft Windows 8 64bit Endast användas i PC prod.
As you notice it is coming with windows 8, im not sure if im gonna keep those since dunno if sims will play, but that i can choose it later.But i really need help with the card.
Thanks people:canttouchthis: !!

Back to top Go down

New pc! - Page 2 Empty Re: New pc!

Post by Dracos66 Mon 16 Sep 2013, 19:02

Admin wrote:
Dracos66 wrote:(...) "slow building is good" Very Happy
And you'll enjoy it a lot more too! It's like solving a fun puzzle. Or is that just me...? Facepalm 

AyraMizrim wrote:And i will also think about the build it my self, im more experience from when i build that first computer so i might run to you again in case i have problem with something. The part it scares me is the motherboard, nothing else and ofc the processor.
You can always post pictures of each step you did, showing the inside of your case. That way we can probably guide you through it, by highlight stuff in your pictures.
@ Admin No its not just you, I find building a new system to be very relaxing Very Happy  But then again I AM a computer GEEK Hammertime

@ AyraMizrim  Pictures would be good so we can see the exact layout as you see it.

Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Sep 2013, 20:31

Thank you so much and yep i understand now what Raid is lol... I found it fun to change parts on the computers and is always cool to experiment with it, like overclocking and all this things. But i suppose my first dramatic memory with the motherboard made me to afraid on that part. Since was first time that i had to put the motherboard in the town and the processor , exept that i have done all the rest multiply times:D . So time to try once more!! Thank you so much guys for everything i really want to go and built my beast computer NOW! Im gonna try and put everything my self and if i have a problem im gonna ask for help again, on the processor do you recommend any good cooling paste?

And last , what do you think of that water cooler?
Cooler Master Seidon 120M CPU Kylare 775/1150/1155/1156/1366/2011, AM2(+)/AM3(+)/FM1, 600~2400 RPM, 19.17~86.15 CFM

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Tue 17 Sep 2013, 04:31

Nice and compact water cooler, I may have to see if its available here in the states. Very Happy

AS for the best paste, I use Indigo Extreme and have never had a problem with it. The are other cheaper pastes but they cant compare to Indigo IMO.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Sep 2013, 09:26

Hahaha ok, i saw good reviews about the specific water cooler and was the cheapest we have here and since im gonna build the pc my self i did a small comparison and was actually cheaper... So was remaining enough money to add a water cooler and a 24" screen, so i was happy. The only thing is i have to buy the parts from different stores Facepalm I mast sound so lazyyy hahaha

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Tue 17 Sep 2013, 11:25

I buy a lot of my parts from different stores, that way I can get the most bang for my buck. Very Happy
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 17 Sep 2013, 20:41

Hi there,

Glad we could help.
Side note: a new processor 9 out of 10 times already has a layer of cooling paste pre-applied! (So no need to buy one for now)
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Tue 17 Sep 2013, 20:45

Admin wrote:Hi there,

Glad we could help.
Side note: a new processor 9 out of 10 times already has a layer of cooling paste pre-applied! (So no need to buy one for now)
True, but the OEM paste is very sub-standard. I've learned the hard way to go ahead and scrape off the OEM paste and use a better quality heatsink paste, especially when using a water cooling system and/or overclocking the CPU.Facepalm
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 17 Sep 2013, 20:49

Really? What a shame... poor pre-applied paste. At least use it for a few weeks and then get rid of it.
When the processor is still new, it looks so good... so beautifully pre-applied and... Facepalm
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Tue 17 Sep 2013, 21:03

lol! 

Rule #1 about CPU installation - Never and I do mean NEVER disturb the CPU unless you absolutely have to once it is installed. The smallest static electricity charge can fry it and the MB in less then a nano-second. affraid 

Unless of course your Bill Gates and have the money to waste on a new CPU and/or MB.
Razz
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Sep 2013, 21:30

Hahaha omg you 2 Facepalm im not gona remove the paste if it already has it on it hahaha...

As about 
Dracos66 wrote:Rule #1 about CPU installation - Never and I do mean NEVER disturb the CPU unless you absolutely have to once it is installed. The smallest static electricity charge can fry it and the MB in less then a nano-second. New pc! - Page 2 Affraid 
Now you scaring me lol! 
How im suppose to put it on the motherboard if im not about to touch it ?!?!?!?!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 17 Sep 2013, 21:33

AyraMizrim wrote:Now you scaring me lol! 
How im suppose to put it on the motherboard if im not about to touch it ?!?!?!?!
Classic way:
New pc! - Page 2 Antistatic-wrist-demo

Or if you're poor like me:

New pc! - Page 2 Antistatic-gloves_10890

And if you're rich, like Narong:

New pc! - Page 2 An11-100_1
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Tue 17 Sep 2013, 21:36

Actually you can get the static wrist band for about $5.00 US

This is the one I use
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 17 Sep 2013, 21:41

Dracos66 wrote:Actually you can get the static wrist band for about $5.00 US

This is the one I use
Lol, I bought two via eBay for a few €.

//EDIT

I wonder though, now I've seen that first picture: do you actually connect the wrist band to your PC or to another earthed object?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Sep 2013, 00:11

Erm ye right. That thingie on the arm looks cool. But eBay is out of question. Since the transport fee is high for Sweden so usually it becomes more expensive.  I can check here though. But i think i will go on the poor solution Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Wed 18 Sep 2013, 05:37

Admin wrote:
Dracos66 wrote:Actually you can get the static wrist band for about $5.00 US

This is the one I use
Lol, I bought two via eBay for a few €.

//EDIT

I wonder though, now I've seen that first picture: do you actually connect the wrist band to your PC or to another earthed object?
You can attach it to the bare metal of the tower as long as the tower is plugged in. Not powered on, just plugged in. Any other earth grounded surface will work as well though.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 18 Sep 2013, 20:52

AyraMizrim wrote:Erm ye right. That thingie on the arm looks cool. But eBay is out of question. Since the transport fee is high for Sweden so usually it becomes more expensive.  I can check here though. But i think i will go on the poor solution Cool
Hello,

I usually search for "Price + Shipping: lowest first". That way you'll usually get Chinese offers, who will ship for free. (Even if you buy something that costs less than $1!)
But delivery can take up to a month, lol.

Dracos66 wrote:You can attach it to the bare metal of the tower as long as the tower is plugged in. Not powered on, just plugged in. Any other earth grounded surface will work as well though.
I see, thank you for letting me know. Just wanted to be sure.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Sep 2013, 09:14

True. But lately i bought a lot of things from china and here we got extra fees Facepalm so i think i can avoid it for the moment. But i will check the prices here now that i have free weekend

//EDIT

Hello again!
I have order all the parts and im waiting to get them in the next few days.
Question! Do you know where i can find a good version for windows 7 ultimate x64 that i can burn it to a dvd? If i remember your copy is not for a fresh new computer with out windows inside. Or i am wrong?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 26 Sep 2013, 20:52

Hello,

I haven't tested, but try the torrent on TPB with the most seeders: "Windows 7 Ultimate 32/64-bit RemoveWAT Included!"
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Sep 2013, 20:58

Adminator wrote:Hello,

I haven't tested, but try the torrent on TPB with the most seeders: "Windows 7 Ultimate 32/64-bit RemoveWAT Included!"
Ok , that is nice, im gonna download it and see how it will goes when i have everything. When is all done i will report back Smile thanks!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 26 Sep 2013, 21:31

Hi there,

Please do so, and good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 27 Sep 2013, 00:20

Adminator wrote:Hello,

AyraMizrim wrote:Ok , that is nice, im gonna download it and see how it will goes when i have everything. When is all done i will report back Smile thanks!!

I am actually using it, and I can't complain. Especially the "RemoveWAT" is excellent, not only because it actually works, but also because it is very simple to use.

What it does, as the name says, is to basically remove the activation prompt. Now, when you use it the first time, you will have to open it and choose "Remove WAT", and after a while you will be prompted to re-boot. And then you're good. Smile

And you can safely update your Windows 7 and pass any "genuine checks" (at least I don't get any problems with that). Now the really good thing is this: should an update "restore" the activation module of Windows, you can just re-run the application. My version of RemoveWAT is still from 2010, but the following worked for me - do it like this:

Open it and choose "Restore (!) WAT", this will basically overwrite the existing activation module. Re-boot the computer, and afterwards open again. This time choose "Remove WAT". Et voilà - that should do. I just sucessfully did this a few months ago.

Good luck !

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Oct 2013, 13:51

I want to thank all of you!!! I manage to fix my new computer yesterday and it works lovely!!!!!!!!

Hand some terrible time with the water cooler but i manage to fix it with some instructions on the internet lol!  .
The manual book that had in wasn't so much helpful even with the pictures on it.
But im happy how it works Smile Thank you again for all your help!

About the windows Carlos i didn't had to do anything with the "RemoveWat" i install it all ok, the only problem was that i couldn't see the partitions i create but as i notice later on i didn't format them when i made them , but wasn't a problem since i manage to do it later on with out re install the windows. So everything went fine. So thank you again!!!

(Hope i could say the same for the sims but well anyway you will have to deal with my problem again on the in-game problem) Facepalm ohh god.

//EDIT

Hmmm didn't really had to do anything with the "RemoveWat" but well, the installation went ok with out problems except the fact i can't see the one partition in the first place, but i just notice that when i create it i didn't forma it. So i did it after it and now is all ok Smile . Updates and all going fine.

Last edited by AyraMizrim on Thu 03 Oct 2013, 14:00; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 03 Oct 2013, 18:06

Hi there,

You're very welcome. Glad we could lend a hand!

Anyway, you might want to use the RemoveWAT anyway. It can prevent possible issues with Windows Update in the near future. (!)
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Oct 2013, 19:26

And last , what do you think of that water cooler?
Cooler Master Seidon 120M CPU Kylare 775/1150/1155/1156/1366/2011, AM2(+)/AM3(+)/FM1, 600~2400 RPM, 19.17~86.15 CFM

Well exept that it took me time to understand how to put it? Well i think is cool!! Like the name is very quiet (natural) and it does a lot of work o.o i have turn on the catalyst controller to see the temperature and is amazing! Even if i do many things at the same time is not going above 45c compare with my laptop that doing the same work was 65+ c.
Also the cooler pipe is thicker than i expected since is my first time seen water cooler system!!Im very happy with it Smile

Adminator wrote:Hi there,

Anyway, you might want to use the RemoveWAT anyway. It can prevent possible issues with Windows Update in the near future. (!)
Smile I will try to read about it and search for it since im very scared to try things that i don't really understand lol! .

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 03 Oct 2013, 20:51

AyraMizrim wrote:And last , what do you think of that water cooler?

Well exept that it took me time to understand how to put it? Well i think is cool!! Like the name is very quiet (natural) and it does a lot of work o.o i have turn on the catalyst controller to see the temperature and is amazing! Even if i do many things at the same time is not going above 45c compare with my laptop that doing the same work was 65+ c.
Also the cooler pipe is thicker than i expected since is my first time seen water cooler system!!Im very happy with it Smile

Adminator wrote:Hi there,

Smile I will try to read about it and search for it since im very scared to try things that i don't really understand lol! .
Hi there,

I don't know much about water coolers, unfortunately, but I do know that Cooler Master is usually a great choice! (Especially when it comes to cooling, lol Facepalm- Oh, and their PSUs are recommendable too)

As for the RemoveWAT, ah, if it was not included with the torrent, then it was probably a pre-activated version.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male