Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Missing Object Resource? (Midnight Hollow)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Missing Object Resource? (Midnight Hollow) Empty Missing Object Resource? (Midnight Hollow)

Post by Guest Sun 29 Sep 2013, 05:30

Missing Object Resource? (Midnight Hollow) Captur11

This is what I get every time that I try to make a toy with the machine. I've only tested this in Midnight Hollow, but I assume it would do it everywhere.

Is this something a Store Fix will mend?

Back to top Go down

Missing Object Resource? (Midnight Hollow) Empty Re: Missing Object Resource? (Midnight Hollow)

Post by Guest Sun 29 Sep 2013, 06:06

KT over at MATY has some fixes posted. I'm sure if fixes are needed G4TW will whip them up in no time.

Not sure why you are receiving the error? I installed and actually used the Toy Maker without any problems. I was playing an Island Paradise family.

Back to top Go down

Missing Object Resource? (Midnight Hollow) Empty Re: Missing Object Resource? (Midnight Hollow)

Post by Guest Sun 29 Sep 2013, 06:43

Maybe it's just the mirror download? I'm not sure. I was building a store just now, too, and the floors/wallpapers aren't there either. I double-checked. I'll try the toymaker in another town, and either edit this post or make another (depending on whether anyone's said anything else at that point).

[Edit]
Yeah, it's happening in my Moonlight Falls save as well. I don't have any EPs passed Seasons, but I'm up-to-date on patches, and my games are legit copies (as in not torrented).

Last edited by MoonlitxAngel on Sun 29 Sep 2013, 06:49; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added information)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Oct 2013, 06:53

I am getting the same error. I also cannot use the work bench. nothing happens when i click on it and its stool wont connect to it. 

the toy machine make makes something but all it says is "missing object resource". 

I am using the mirror DL because the other one didn't work for me it said it was corrupted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Oct 2013, 03:42

ilualways4ever wrote:I am getting the same error. I also cannot use the work bench. nothing happens when i click on it and its stool wont connect to it. 

the toy machine make makes something but all it says is "missing object resource". 

I am using the mirror DL because the other one didn't work for me it said it was corrupted
Did you download the store fix that was updated? Everything works fine for me now that I downloaded that (though I haven't tested out the workbench).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Oct 2013, 20:31

MoonlitxAngel wrote:
ilualways4ever wrote:I am getting the same error. I also cannot use the work bench. nothing happens when i click on it and its stool wont connect to it. 

Did you download the store fix that was updated? Everything works fine for me now that I downloaded that (though I haven't tested out the workbench).
I did. Though i could have put it in wrong. i shall try again

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Oct 2013, 02:25

ilualways4ever wrote:
MoonlitxAngel wrote:

I did. Though i could have put it in wrong. i shall try again
The instructions in the file tell you where to put them.

I don't think the workbench is actually a workbench. I'm pretty sure it's supposed to work more like a desk. That's what I'm gathering from it, anyway, I looked it up. And the chair doesn't go up to it in my game, either. Hmm.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Oct 2013, 19:41

Any updates on this? I have the up to date store fixes but the toymaker is still giving me grief. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 08 Oct 2013, 22:15

HawaiianBelle wrote:Any updates on this? I have the up to date store fixes but the toymaker is still giving me grief. Sad
You can always try clearing the unncessary cache files in My documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

Then you can even try selling the toy machine and buying a new one. But if the problem still persists, then I'm afraid we/you have to wait for future store fixes, to fix that problem.Wat.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Oct 2013, 02:04

Thanks for the guidance! I think I may just be waiting for more store fixes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Oct 2013, 02:22

Carlos G. wrote:
HawaiianBelle wrote:Any updates on this? I have the up to date store fixes but the toymaker is still giving me grief. Sad
You can always try clearing the unncessary cache files in My documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-socialCache.package

Then you can even try selling the toy machine and buying a new one. But if the problem still persists, then I'm afraid we/you have to wait for future store fixes, to fix that problem.Wat.

All of those, and you should probably empty the DC Backup file as well. It saves a backup of CC that you've used so it doesn't take as long to load it up. I think that's what it was anyway. Just make sure it's DC Backup and not DC Cache.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Oct 2013, 18:26

I too have done all the updates and store fixes and am still having issues with the toy machine and the eggs from dragon ally

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 21 Oct 2013, 00:51

MoonlitxAngel wrote:
Carlos G. wrote:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-socialCache.package

All of those, and you should probably empty the DC Backup file as well. It saves a backup of CC that you've used so it doesn't take as long to load it up. I think that's what it was anyway. Just make sure it's DC Backup and not DC Cache.
Yes all of them except ccmerged.package. Don't delete this package unless you have a better one Shocked .
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top