Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cant use ready made sim in CAS. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ZLOrigin made easy - Cant use ready made sim in CAS. [SOLVED] Empty Cant use ready made sim in CAS. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 04 Oct 2013, 23:14

Hi all, another glitch i cant solve alone Smile

When i go to cas to create my sims i cant use any of the pre-made sims, i have one that i made along time ago and have downloaded it from sims3/my studio but when i click it nothing happens, i have tried clicking all the sims int eh pre-made section but none of them work, has anyone had and solved this problem? also after about an hour of playing my sims games stops working and windows is looking for a solution!!! this is getting really annoying now too, i have all expansion and stuff packs installed a few twallans mods but as yet have not installed any of my usual cc since having to start again and install everything from scratch.

please help as i am desperate now

thanks Fi

//EDIT

No one with any ideas at all??

Back to top Go down

ZLOrigin made easy - Cant use ready made sim in CAS. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Cant use ready made sim in CAS. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 12 Oct 2013, 20:53

friendlyfi wrote:Hi all, another glitch i cant solve alone Smile

When i go to cas to create my sims i cant use any of the pre-made sims, i have one that i made along time ago and have downloaded it from sims3/my studio but when i click it nothing happens, i have tried clicking all the sims int eh pre-made section but none of them work, has anyone had and solved this problem? also after about an hour of playing my sims games stops working and windows is looking for a solution!!! this is getting really annoying now too, i have all expansion and stuff packs installed a few twallans mods but as yet have not installed any of my usual cc since having to start again and install everything from scratch.

please help as i am desperate now

thanks Fi

//EDIT

No one with any ideas at all??

Hello,

First of all, I'm sorry for the late delay, but we have a serious shortage of Helpers/Moderators for quite a while now - and we can't answer all questions as quick as we used to. Unfortunately, this also means that we are more 'apt' to overlook posts. Anyhow, do you still have this problem ?

You can always try to remove all your mods - and see if the problem persists. ANd it is always a good idea to clear the cache - especially after installing new patches, expansions, mods and other CC. You'll find these items in My documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3; they can be safely deleted. Re-start the game afterwards.

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

ZLOrigin made easy - Cant use ready made sim in CAS. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Cant use ready made sim in CAS. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 16 Oct 2013, 23:11

Hi, thanks for the reply and sorry for my delay, been ill and couldnt play,  i deleted the files you listed and removed all my nraas mods but it is still the same, i can click on the ready made sims in cas but they dont load, they used to work before the latest update so was wondering if it was anything to do with that, still looking for ideas if anyone can suggest anything, willing to try just about anything apart from uninstalling them all again as i hive all pack and it takes forever to re install

thanks fi

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 21 Oct 2013, 06:56

friendlyfi wrote:Hi, thanks for the reply and sorry for my delay, been ill and couldnt play,  i deleted the files you listed and removed all my nraas mods but it is still the same, i can click on the ready made sims in cas but they dont load, they used to work before the latest update so was wondering if it was anything to do with that, still looking for ideas if anyone can suggest anything, willing to try just about anything apart from uninstalling them all again as i hive all pack and it takes forever to re install

thanks fi
Sorry for the delay.

But as a "last resort" you can try renaming the folder "The Sims 3" (my Documents/Electronic Arts) into anything you want. Then re-start the game, make a new savegame (for now) and test again.

Last edited by Carlos G. on Mon 21 Oct 2013, 23:07; edited 1 time in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Oct 2013, 12:16

Hi, thank you, i have finally solved the problem, i did as you suggested and also remembered to update my nraas mods so between the 2 some thing good happened and i can now sue the ready made sims, thank you for all your help and keep up the good work, i think this is the best site i have come across for sims Smile

Helper Edit: I am glad to hear that it's solved. Topic closed.

-cat2006house

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top