Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taking a lot of ram

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Taking a lot of ram Empty Taking a lot of ram

Post by Guest Fri 11 Oct 2013, 17:20

I got another problem my the sims crash because out of ram. i recently installed EP Pets. first when i didnt add a pets everything goes well. After i add 4 pets here come the problem. it took ALMOST all of my ram only 300 mb left. before i installed pets it took 50 percent of ram so empty space of my ram is 800 mb. and its weird The Sims take more RAM than Sleeping dogs or BF3
Spec: Nvidia gt 635m 2gb, intel 15 3317u 1.7 ghz, 4GB of ram 1600 mhz.
EP: Seasons, Late night, Ambitions, Pets
SP: High end loft
Mods: nraas master controller,Potrait,Mover
Please Help:help:

Back to top Go down

Taking a lot of ram Empty Re: Taking a lot of ram

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 11 Oct 2013, 23:41

genesissabre wrote:I got another problem my the sims crash because out of ram. i recently installed EP Pets. first when i didnt add a pets everything goes well. After i add 4 pets here come the problem. it took ALMOST all of my ram only 300 mb left. before i installed pets it took 50 percent of ram so empty space of my ram is 800 mb. and its weird The Sims take more RAM than Sleeping dogs or BF3
Spec: Nvidia gt 635m 2gb, intel 15 3317u 1.7 ghz, 4GB of ram 1600 mhz.
EP: Seasons, Late night, Ambitions, Pets
SP: High end loft
Mods: nraas master controller,Potrait,Mover
Please Help:help:
Hello,

What happens if you apply the "4 GB patch" ? https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-14-07-2013

(look at #3, but also #2).

Double-click on the 4 GB patch and select the "TS3W.exe" in the base game location. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Oct 2013, 04:41

Carlos G. wrote:Hello,

What happens if you apply the "4 GB patch" ? https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-14-07-2013

(look at #3, but also #2).

Double-click on the 4 GB patch and select the "TS3W.exe" in the base game location. Good luck !
About the 4GB patch tahts mean allowing the sims to use more ram or limit it? because my problem is out of ram

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 12 Oct 2013, 05:11

genesissabre wrote:About the 4GB patch tahts mean allowing the sims to use more ram or limit it? because my problem is out of ram

It will allow the game to use more RAM, so please try this.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Oct 2013, 05:16

Carlos G. wrote:
genesissabre wrote:About the 4GB patch tahts mean allowing the sims to use more ram or limit it? because my problem is out of ram

It will allow the game to use more RAM, so please try this.
Meh doesnt work still crashing and i noticed that the sims will take a LOT of RAM and crashed after i adopt a pet

//EDIT

Oh god please help its getting worse and now it took 10 minute to crash. ijust recently download crash log anylyzer and it says insufficient graphic capability. i running in medium and is gt 635m 2gb strong enought to play sims 3?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 12 Oct 2013, 20:41

genesissabre wrote:Meh doesnt work still crashing and i noticed that the sims will take a LOT of RAM and crashed after i adopt a pet

//EDIT

Oh god please help its getting worse and now it took 10 minute to crash. ijust recently download crash log anylyzer and it says insufficient graphic capability. i running in medium and is gt 635m 2gb strong enought to play sims 3?

I'm not sure, but are your graphics drivers up-to-date ? And can you, in the options menu, reduce the graphics settings ? You can even try playing in "windowed mode". And make sure to read the article I posted above completely: did you already try the thing with the "DEP" ?

Besides, it is normal, that the game takes a lot of RAM. Also, try removing the cache in My documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3:

-CASPartCache.package

-compositorCache.package

-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"
-and the folder "Currentgame.sims3"

And next time, please use the "edit"-button if you want to add something to your post; double-posting is considered impolite here...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Oct 2013, 09:04

Carlos G. wrote:
genesissabre wrote:Meh doesnt work still crashing and i noticed that the sims will take a LOT of RAM and crashed after i adopt a pet

//EDIT

I'm not sure, but are your graphics drivers up-to-date ? And can you, in the options menu, reduce the graphics settings ? You can even try playing in "windowed mode". And make sure to read the article I posted above completely: did you already try the thing with the "DEP" ?

Besides, it is normal, that the game takes a lot of RAM. Also, try removing the cache in My documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3:

-CASPartCache.package

-compositorCache.package

-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"
-and the folder "Currentgame.sims3"

And next time, please use the "edit"-button if you want to add something to your post; double-posting is considered impolite here...
Well sorry about that. i have clear cache DEP and actually im playing sims without having lag so i think my Graphic card is strong enough but still carshing. but now its better when i using gamebooster. the game will not crash and the ram usage is much better. the only problem now is i cant have more than 2 pets and i cant place cat jungle. if i do that both the game will crash

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 13 Oct 2013, 12:23

It seems to me that you have a corrupted save. First off, can you create a new save and see if there is any differences? If you can play the new save without a problem, then it's the problem fo your old save. Read this to find out more on how to save the save (it's not a pun Laughing) .

Read this if this happens to all of your saves.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Oct 2013, 16:58

cat2006house wrote:It seems to me that you have a corrupted save. First off, can you create a new save and see if there is any differences? If you can play the new save without a problem, then it's the problem fo your old save. Read this to find out more on how to save the save (it's not a pun Laughing) .

Read this if this happens to all of your saves.
Nah still crashing if i add more than 2 pets. I think this cant be fixed Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 13 Oct 2013, 17:06

Do you have any mods/CC?
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Oct 2013, 23:40

cat2006house wrote:Do you have any mods/CC?
i have but actually i really sure this is not the mods/cc faults because before i have mods/cc i already encountered this problem.because i cant find the way i unisntall the sims

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 13 Oct 2013, 23:45

genesissabre wrote:i have but actually i really sure this is not the mods/cc faults because before i have mods/cc i already encountered this problem.because i cant find the way i unisntall the sims
I'm sorry, but the only thing I can suggest now is that you don't "add more than two pets". So leave the pets for a while, and play on. Maybe this is an in-game bug.

Go ahead - and test the other feature in the game.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Oct 2013, 12:06

Carlos G. wrote:
genesissabre wrote:i have but actually i really sure this is not the mods/cc faults because before i have mods/cc i already encountered this problem.because i cant find the way i unisntall the sims
I'm sorry, but the only thing I can suggest now is that you don't "add more than two pets". So leave the pets for a while, and play on. Maybe this is an in-game bug.

Go ahead - and test the other feature in the game.
Well okay thanks for helping

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top