Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New division

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New division Empty New division

Post by Admin Fri 11 Oct 2013, 23:14

Hello Helpers,

First of all: thank you all again for your hard work on the Forum!
I'd like to inform you that we plan on starting a new division: social media. We already have a Games4theworld Facebook Page and Twitter account, mostly maintained by myself. Since social media is getting more and more important for today's society, we want to go with the hype. Unfortunately the Facebook Page is too much for me to handle on my own, since people post a lot of their problems on our "Wall" and send private messages. I can't reply to these on a daily basis. (Which I try to do for the easier Tweets on Twitter)

Anyway, so we want to start a special "Social Media Team"; people who take care of the Facebook Page. It's like a Forum on its own.

For now, we just want to know who'd be interested in joining this team. It might take some/all of your Forum time, but you'll not lose your Forum status and you'll probably get a "Facebook Helper" title or something.

So please post below if you're interested, and if you have any questions, let us know!

Thanks again!

//EDIT

I forgot to mention that when you post stuff, you'll post in name of the "Games4theworld Downloads" Page, so people won't see your real Facebook account. (You can switch between both - will all be explained)
Only the page Administrators can see your "real" account. Something we can't change, unfortunately. And if you don't like that idea, you can always create a "fake" account.

Last edited by Adminator on Fri 11 Oct 2013, 23:26; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

New division Empty Re: New division

Post by Guest Fri 11 Oct 2013, 23:26

I'm in! Wink 

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 12 Oct 2013, 00:19

Alright, I just created a fake account - and contrary to what someone mentioned, I didn't need to give a (fake) phone number during the registration process. Other than that I'm not yet sure what to think about this; as this will basically mean more work for me (forum plus the FB page), and on the forum we're already a bit "short" on Helpers/Moderators. But I'll let you know.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Sat 12 Oct 2013, 04:37

Always in for Social Media! Not sure if I will be of much help though. Smile
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 12 Oct 2013, 11:45

It may sound stupid but can I join? I know I am sorta busy but I think I can manage.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 14 Oct 2013, 18:57

Hi all,

Thank you for your interest!
More information will follow soon.

No need to be on it 24/7, but a lot of private messages and Wall messages stay unanswered for sometimes a week, which is not a good thing. So even logging in once a day for a few minutes (if everyone actually does that) should do!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Oct 2013, 04:10

I'm interested too. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Tue 15 Oct 2013, 20:58

That would actually be a lot easier for me to keep up on vs the forum. I'm finally getting settled back in though, so my schedule is opening up to the point where I should be on a lot more than I have been in the past few months. Smile
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 16 Oct 2013, 03:57

Adminator wrote:(...) So even logging in once a day for a few minutes (if everyone actually does that) should do!
While I can't promise to be on that FB page every day, I think I can contribute a little bit to the 'hype'. Alright, then I'll join the "battle" too, but I will still put my main emphasis on the forum.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 02 Nov 2013, 21:38

Hello everyone,

Thank you all for your interest!
In order to add you guys to the Facebook Page moderation, I need the e-mail address you used to register on Facebook.

So if you're interested in joining, please PM me that e-mail address. Who will be able to see your profile name and avatar? Only me and Lady ElDi. (In the Facebook Page administration panel)
I myself will promise not to scour your personal profile. I am not interested in who you are or what you do.

I'll then send you a little "how to" guide and add you to the page.

Please let me know if you have any questions!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 03 Nov 2013, 12:47

Admin wrote:
I myself will promise not to scour your personal profile. I am not interested in who you are or what you do.

Same here.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Nov 2013, 16:29

Im want to join that

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Nov 2013, 15:08

I would like to join and help too , i can manage two of my facebook fan page together if like that ^_^.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 04 Nov 2013, 20:51

Hello all,

Thank you all for your interest! I've added most of you guys. If you run into any problems, please let me know via PM.

Also, for the people who would still like to join, please read this PM I sent a few days ago:

Hello all,

I just found out about a little "bug" with the Facebook roles. Apparently it doesn't matter which role you have on the Games4theworld Facebook Page, you'll still be able to see all the other users that are in the Page team.
That means that not only me and Lady ElDi can see you personal account/avatar, but the other Helpers can see it too. I'm really sorry about this, I found out today and wouldn't have if Carlos G. didn't tell me about this. The other Helpers can only see your Facebook name and avatar, but not a direct link to your account. (But they can still look your account up manually)

Anyway, I'm really sorry again. I've removed all of you guys and I'd like to ask you to reply to this PM and let me know whether you still would like to join the Facebook division. If you do, please provide your e-mail address via PM again.

For everyone that remains in the group, I except you guys to treat the information you see on that page as confidentially and DO NOT SHARE it with anyone.
Anyone.

And, of course, you can always create a special fake account, if you like.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male