Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OMG THE WORLD IS ENDING! The Sims Resource is NOW Free!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

OMG THE WORLD IS ENDING! The Sims Resource is NOW Free! Empty OMG THE WORLD IS ENDING! The Sims Resource is NOW Free!

Post by Guest Thu 24 Oct 2013, 12:11

Just saw the post on Facebook and thought I would share with you all the good news!
THE SIMS RESOURCE IS NOW COMPLETELY FREE!

I mean like WOW, I swear the world is ending or maybe they were not making much of a profit anymore, too much good stuff every where else. Sites like "destroy a pay site" has been posting the paid content on their site for years. But any how my mind is just WOW... just blown away. Here is the quote from their Facebook page.

The Sims Resource, the oldest and largest The Sims site online, has relaunched today as a completely FREE site! Tens of thousands of premium creations previously exclusive to subscribers are now freely available. You don't even need to create an account, let alone log in. Simply visit, browse and download to expand your Sims games with some of the best Custom Content around.

http://www.thesimsresource.com/index/version9

Mod edit: Topic is "sticky" now. OMG THE WORLD IS ENDING! The Sims Resource is NOW Free! Icon_wink  

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

OMG THE WORLD IS ENDING! The Sims Resource is NOW Free! Empty Re: OMG THE WORLD IS ENDING! The Sims Resource is NOW Free!

Post by Guest Thu 24 Oct 2013, 13:05

Wow! Hell has frozen over, I guess. LOL. Though I'm more afraid and cautious for the safety of my laptop now. O.O

Back to top Go down

OMG THE WORLD IS ENDING! The Sims Resource is NOW Free! Empty Re: OMG THE WORLD IS ENDING! The Sims Resource is NOW Free!

Post by Phoebe Thu 24 Oct 2013, 14:16

Hello,

It's really good to see finally they understood the spirit of being a community. It's a really good day for all Simmers! Smile
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Thu 24 Oct 2013, 14:17

Phoebe wrote:Hello,

It's really good to see finally they understood the spirit of being a community. It's a really good day for all Simmers! Smile
Good dai, good dai.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Oct 2013, 16:25

I hope they wiped all the previous premium content and let the creators decide however they want to re-release their work for free or not. Or at least kept their work offshore till the creators have approved.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Oct 2013, 04:53

I am kind of surprised. I download all the paid T$R from the booty so it never bothered me. I've been going on a downloading spree and using my sims3pack checker since a lot of the stuff from The Sims 3 Exchange and T$R have corrupt items in their lots and such. My poor downloads folder lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Oct 2013, 05:35

I didn't see how they could keep up with people paying anyway. Stuff didn't get updated and I saw a lot of stuff that didn't work properly. I wouldn't want to pay for a membership if stuff didn't work right. Ha ha, EA, hint, hint.Laughing
                                                      lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Oct 2013, 09:28

WoW! Good NEWS ever! XD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Oct 2013, 17:05

I have one thing to say, and that's sorry to my poor laptop for what it's about to go through! [LOTS OF CC]! I might be M.I.A. for like 10 hours +
My heart is pounding sooo fast! I swear I'm gonna be downloading like HUNDREDS of items there are so many things I wanted on there but could never get cause they were  locked to subscribers only.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Oct 2013, 20:32

It's such great news! However, they still want our money by having a VIP section. The only 'privileges' you get are:

• No advertisements
  • Download Basket
  • Quicker downloads

Wow. 

Really - if they are going for this whole 'new look' and becoming a free website, think they need to drop the whole VIP side of it and just let us Simmers be equal!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Aug 2014, 19:09

that booty site that was mentioned.. do you have a URL? I used to have it but  with crashed hard drive.. new laptop.. etc.. I lost everything.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 30 Aug 2014, 20:36

Ardra Allen wrote:that booty site that was mentioned.. do you have a URL? I used to have it but  with crashed hard drive.. new laptop.. etc.. I lost everything.

Hello,

Do you mean this here ? Smile

http://svt.paysites.mustbedestroyed.org:8080/booty/ts3/
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Aug 2014, 22:08

Violetlass, I cherry I love you pig you for posting this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Sep 2014, 13:21

Carlos wrote:
Ardra Allen wrote:that booty site that was mentioned.. do you have a URL? I used to have it but  with crashed hard drive.. new laptop.. etc.. I lost everything.

Hello,

Do you mean this here ? Smile

http://svt.paysites.mustbedestroyed.org:8080/booty/ts3/
OMG yes that's it

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 04 Sep 2014, 13:30

Ardra Allen wrote:OMG yes that's it

Glad to hear that Ardra Allen ! Smile  I got myself lots of stuff from that site, although it hasn't been updated for a while, seemingly. It's still a nice resource.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Sep 2014, 15:49

ITS HAPPENING!  ElDi's Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top