Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any mirrors available?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Any mirrors available? Empty Any mirrors available?

Post by Guest Wed 30 Oct 2013, 22:25

Hey there, I was hoping someone smarter than me will help me with my Sims woes so that I can play sims with expansion packs?

Okay so I had downloaded the Sims AIO version but after long and painful searching realised it's not going to work with my laptop as I'm running windows 8 and apparently it doesn't like windows 8 very much (I'm not very technical so I don't know more than this version of Sims has never worked on my laptop and I might not be technical but I do follow instructions to a T so I know I've absolutely installed the game right).

So then I followed your instructions for the ultimate fix, and everything was working dandy up until it came to gameplay mode at which point my laptop just shows black screen of death.

Now before we get to the downloading your versions of the Sims, it's EPs and SPs and applying to Ultimate Fix that way I also want to point out that for whatever reason the pirate bay is blocked on my ... everywhere (every computer in my household at least, and not always when I'm in my house .. not always on my internet connection, it might be something to do with my laptop though, I'm not technical enough to know). No reason is given for this, it's not my ISP because well... if they were monitoring my internet usage they would block all the torrent sites I use, not just that one, so I *think* though I do not know, that piratebay as a website is possibly blocked in my country. So even if your server wasn't down, if your version of the Sims everything is only available on that website I have absolutely the WORST luck haha.

At the moment I have no sims, I've not started a game, added any mods of my own or custom content so I am perfectly happy to do whatever is required to get Sims to be nice to my laptop - but I cannot download from the piratebay. I do have my own genuine copies of the Sims 3 base game and High Tech stuff, if that helps? What I would LOVE to be able to add are the following EPs/SPs:

World Adventures*
High End Loft
Ambitions*
Late Night*
Outdoor Living
Generations
Pets*
Showtime
Supernatural*
Seasons*
University Life*
Island Paradise
Into the Future

Ideally you'll possibly have mirrors I can access for everything listed somewhere I just haven't been lucky enough to stumble across yet (though not isohunt as this is blocked too) and then I can simply just follow your instructions from there but if this does require any legwork from you (for which I am so sorry I dunno why piratebay/isohunt is blocked, it really sucks) I only really, really REALLY want the EP/SPs I've listed that have stars but them. I can make the list shorter if it helps, it just really sucks I can't do things the normal way.

I will say if your ultimate fix is stored on the piratebay website, I did manage to download them fine, I don't know how I did but whatever you made me click to download it didn't take me to their website which might be why it worked. So if there is anyway to do that - or if that has been done already? I can totally just click those and follow your steps that way too~

Thank you veeeery much if you can help, I hope you can, there seems to be a lot of people you have helped +crosses fingers+

Back to top Go down

Any mirrors available? Empty Re: Any mirrors available?

Post by Sephymuffins Thu 31 Oct 2013, 19:11

Hello!

Sorry to hear you've had so many headaches!  Razz

You can download via Piratebay here: http://pirateproxy.net/user/games4theworld/0/7.
That SHOULD work for you if the normal Piratebay is blocked. Smile

Also, please please redownload the Ultimate Fix!  We accidentally had an out dated version uploaded so chances are it will NOT work on your game and possibly give you a ton of errors.

To let you know as well, the All In One game is not compatible with the Ultimate Fix!  You really are better off downloading the expansions separately!  

Let us know your progress!
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 Oct 2013, 19:36

T_T

Nope that is blocked too, something about a court order and the BPI.

Is there an obvious way of me telling whether I'm downloading an expansion pack that has been modified? Perhaps if I knew how to tell that I could go on a hunt for alternative torrents that haven't been blocked/modified and hooooopefully those work with your ultimate fix - if they don't work without it anyway?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Thu 31 Oct 2013, 20:31

So neither of these work?

http://pirateproxy.net/user/games4theworld/0/7
http://thepiratebay.sx/user/games4theworld/0/7

o_O I'm surprised.

Anyway, it would be risky and more than likely a waste of your time (in regards to downloading other people's torrents and hoping the Fix will work on them). 

I'm really sorry. Sad  You best bet is to wait for our website to come back up from maintenance.
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 Oct 2013, 21:01

Nope =( will your website will work the same way the ultimate fix download works? I don't think I'll have any luck if I'm redirected to an address with piratebay or pirateproxy in the URL~

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Fri 01 Nov 2013, 04:09

MadamAlbs wrote:Nope =( will your website will work the same way the ultimate fix download works? I don't think I'll have any luck if I'm redirected to an address with piratebay or pirateproxy in the URL~
Sephy you forgot the piratebay proxy: http://www.proxy.games4theworlddownloads.org/.

Please let us know if this works or not.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Nov 2013, 10:55

Yay! This website works, thanks for that xD

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Fri 01 Nov 2013, 11:02

Anything else we can help you with?
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top