Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EP Installation Order - Does It Matter? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

EP Installation Order - Does It Matter? [SOLVED] Empty EP Installation Order - Does It Matter? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 21 Nov 2013, 10:54

Hello, all. I read the "How to Install The Sims 3 Correctly" thread very carefully and performed a search but my specific question was not answered.

Let's say I have already got the base game and all the EPs/SPs I want. The "How to" thread says to then install the base game, then the EPs/SPs all at once, then run the latest manual patch, then use the Ultimate fix. Now, I don't really care for the Supernatual EP so I didn't get it. But what happens if later, I decide I want it after all? How do I install it? Is it as simple as just installing it like I would the other EPs, then re-applying the manual patch and Ultimate fix? The thread I found said it's better to install all EPs and SPs at the beginning, so would I have to uninstall EVERYTHING and start over, but this time installing Supernatural along with the others, before applying the manual patch and Ultimate fix?

Back to top Go down

EP Installation Order - Does It Matter? [SOLVED] Empty Re: EP Installation Order - Does It Matter? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 21 Nov 2013, 11:03

It is always better to do it in order, but it doesn't matter: you can install it afterwards as long as you apply the Manual Patch and Ultimate Fix again!

Back to top Go down

EP Installation Order - Does It Matter? [SOLVED] Empty Re: EP Installation Order - Does It Matter? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 21 Nov 2013, 11:05

Great, thanks for clearing that up! Bandwidth caps are the bane of my existence when I'm eager to start playing. So now I can start with the base game and get the EPs at my leisure, installing them as they arrive.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Nov 2013, 11:37

Yes exactly!
Problem solved, topic locked.
Happy Simming!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top