Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Only way to enter game every time is to apply Manual Patch and Ultimate Fix....Help!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Only way to enter game every time is to apply Manual Patch and Ultimate Fix....Help!!! Empty Only way to enter game every time is to apply Manual Patch and Ultimate Fix....Help!!!

Post by Guest Thu 28 Nov 2013, 09:04

First off just wanted to thank you all for an amazing site!!! Very Happy  Everyone here seems so helpful (especially us Mac people! lol) Ok so here's my problem: I installed the base game and a few of the EPs  as per instructions a couple of weeks ago. I also added the mod which skips the opening sequence and altered the plist file to boot right from TS3W.exe instead of the launcher. Everything seemed to work fine for about a week. No problems at all. Then all of a sudden I started to have the problem where it would just hang on the black screen when I tried to start the game, and after each time of waiting long enough, I would have to press the restart button on the macs tower to get back to my desktop. You see the mac doesn't crash, because I can still open and close the disk drive door using the keyboard button, but because the screen is black, there is no other way to escape out and start again. So I tried applying the Manual Patch and Ultimate Fix and wow, it worked. After saving  and coming back to it the next day, the same thing - black loading screen. Apply the Patch and Fix and I'm good to go. Now I don't obviously want to keep doing this every time, so I also tried the renaming the 'Electronic Arts' file in Documents trick but this didn't work either (however it does create a new 'Electronic Arts' file). All it does now is just go into the black screen for about 30 secs. and then come back out to my desktop. The other weird thing before it started failing was that I had to click on the The Sims 3 icon a few times to get the game going since each time it would actually give me the usual Apple error message 'The Sims 3 has unexpectedly quit - do you wish to try again......blah blah'. But after the third or fourth try it would then start to load and everything was ok. But then eventually the black screen problem, and so, here I am! Facepalm 
I'm sure someone out there has a simple solution to my problem..... I thank you all in advance for your help!
Cheers!!!

//EDIT: Ok so I wanted to play the game again but this time, after applying the 'Patch' and the 'Fix', it won't load at all. Just goes into the launcher (I didn't change the plist this time), I hit start, screen goes black, and after a few secs goes back to the desktop. I really don't know what to do :...(

//MOD EDIT: Please do not double post. Edit your post like I did.
Someone from the Mac Team will come help you!

Shamrock

Last edited by Shamrock on Thu 28 Nov 2013, 09:34; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Won't work at all now! Even after applying the Patch and Fix! Argh!!!!)

Back to top Go down

Only way to enter game every time is to apply Manual Patch and Ultimate Fix....Help!!! Empty Re: Only way to enter game every time is to apply Manual Patch and Ultimate Fix....Help!!!

Post by Phoebe Thu 28 Nov 2013, 11:09

Hello Greg97,

First of all, thanks for your kind words. We're here to help and hopefully solve all your problems Smile

And now, according to your problem I have several thoughts about it but first thing to do should be identify the cause of the problem. Because it can cause from many things..

When I read the first part of your message I thought it was about that mod who lets you to open the game from .exe right away. But then you start to have "Sims 3 unexpectedly quit". But still I think it isn't the problem.

Let us begin with a simple "possible" solution:

Please go to Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and open the Options.ini file.
Then look for the line which says "fullscreen=1", after finding it please change "1" with "0".

Now try to open your game and see if the black screen problem ends or not. Try it and please let me know the result.

I hope this little trick can solve the entire problem. My fingers are crossed!
The Sims Plumbob 1
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Only way to enter game every time is to apply Manual Patch and Ultimate Fix....Help!!! Empty Re: Only way to enter game every time is to apply Manual Patch and Ultimate Fix....Help!!!

Post by Guest Sat 30 Nov 2013, 00:57

First off, THANK YOU soooo much for your response Phoebe (I absolutely LUV ur avatar btw!). Also, I did try to edit my first post, but I guess I did so incorrectly (I didn't mean to re-post, sorry!). So as to your solution, I should have said that I already tried that. I've seriously spent a lot of time trying to research this for myself, which is why I'm now finally coming to you Wink So what happens when I change to "fullscreen = 0" is that it tries to load and crashes as usual, but this time it only loads in part of the screen, but the screen goes absolutely berzerk....all kinds of flashing black and white lines. Needless to say the only way to exit from this is to press the shutdown on the tower as the cursor still won't let me click on anything (even though it can still move around).
The only thing I can think of that may have triggered my problems is that I downloaded the 'Complete Sims 3 Store Items Listing' from 'rachelstoolbox' over at kat.ph. Its everything ever put out from June 2009 to Nov 2013 - all 12.3GB in .package form - which I put in my /Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Library folder as per instructions. Now I know that your probably going to tell me that that was probably what caused it, yet why does the issue still occur after I rename my /Electronic Arts folder and let it create a new one.
Thanks again for your assistance!

ps I would have replied sooner, but I didn't receive a notification in my email saying that someone had responded. Other forums do this. Is there somewhere I need to click to enable this? Thanks! Very Happy

EDIT: I just noticed the 'Watch this topic' highlight button on the bottom right. Hopefully that works! :newfag:

Last edited by Greg97 on Sat 30 Nov 2013, 01:00; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I'm a noob! lol)

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Mon 02 Dec 2013, 23:00

Oh!
If renaming your documents folder dosn't solve the problem, I don't know what will be...

Are you aware of that your problem started right after you installed all the Store Items or I were having the problem already?

Btw, is your game up-to-date? And yo used Ultimate Fix? 

And lol, yeah watch this topic should work now, no worries Smile
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Dec 2013, 06:49

I read on another site that deleting certain cache items in the /documents folder might help:
socialcache.package
simcompositorcache.package
scriptcache.package
compositorcache.package
caspartcache.package
So I deleted them, (which then get regenerated, so it's ok to delete them), applied the 'Fix' and 'Patch' and everything seemed to work again! So far I've played it a couple of times and it seems to load ok. However, today after playing for a bit, it crashed with the error: "Exception Raised - Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x000000008 at address 0x008beab7. Do you wish to debug it? Yes/No" which I have never seen before. And hitting yes did nothing but just quit out of the game. Have you ever encountered this before?
Thanks again!

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Tue 03 Dec 2013, 10:18

Hello,

I am so happy to see deleting caches helped you a bit. But you see Greg97, installing ever piece of store content always makes your game laggy and buggy. You need to choose the things you most wanted and install them instead. Exception raised problem is commonly due to lots of custom and store content. Your game can not hold everything in it without being laggy.

So my advice is cleaning some of the custom content. Just pick your favorite ones, and delete the trashy ones. Not all the custom content worths to get, don't you think? Smile
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top