Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TS3 OLS/Generations Problem. [CLOSED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TS3 OLS/Generations Problem. [CLOSED] Empty TS3 OLS/Generations Problem. [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jul 2011, 02:01

Hello, amazing people Smile!

Sorry to bother you with yet another problem with the latest TS3 expansion. However, the game has been driving me insane since Saturday (yep, I kinda saw a bit late there was another expansion). So, what's the deal:

Everything was working just fine until and including OLS. I've got a great save, a bit big, but yeah.... Having an Interior Designer and World Traveler (as Lifetime wishes) is kinda big. So, it's been taking a few minutes to load for a while, but that doesn't bother as long as the game starts. However, after installing Generations, the save just won't load. First, it takes about 20 minutes to even start acting like it's loading (which means at actually moves after the first 2 mm of the bar) and as soon as it gets to the end of the bar (pretty much the point it narrows down) it just would stop. By this I mean that all the "Tips of the day" keep running, but the stupid bar doesn't move. The first time I left it overnight and after 7 hours it was still standing there and after a bi-zillion re-installs I left it like this today too - for about 5 hours there wasn't a change. Frustrating, I must say.

So, I decided that my save might be a bit too big and that I might trying get back to OLS and dlete a few houses whatsoever so I can later load it in Generations. Apparently, no-can-do. I keep un- and re-installing but it won't work no matter what I do. I don't have problems updating to the latest version, it's something about the cracks,, although they used to work just fine for months. I either get "your base game is incompatible" or "insert disc for OLS". I downloaded you fix, and did everything as I was supposed to - first installing Generations and after that everything else, but it's no help. My save doesn't load.

I found another opic concerning the same problem - http://bit.ly/pIndsI - but unfortunately it doesn't solve MY problem since the user solved his by apparently formatting C: and getting a new OS, which I'm - oh-so-not-doing - which is the reason I'm sarting this one. I also looked through other topics and yes, I saw what you said about earlier expansions not working without the latest one. I've really done my homework Looking for bad joke . Is there any ANY way to keep playing up till the OLS stuff pack without the Generations expansion or is there a way to make my save start after all? I'm quite desperate, to be honest, cause my old laptop broke down last year and I hadn't backed up my old save for months so when I got the new laptop I didn't feel like doing all over the same as last time. I reaaaally don't want to lose this one too. I hope you'll be able to help me flower . Thank you in advance!

NB - I've just updated my graphic drivers and I'm so hoping that this will help me (again taken from the other similar topic) and I've got a bit more installing to do, so if this turns out to be helpful, I'll let you know immediately. I'm sorry I'm postin this one before I'm done, but I'm at the edge of my patience and nerves with the whole thing already.

xoxo, Aleksandra

Back to top Go down

TS3 OLS/Generations Problem. [CLOSED] Empty Re: TS3 OLS/Generations Problem. [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jul 2011, 02:21

Hi, I'm sorry that you are having problems with your save game.

Yes there is a way to play without generations, but we do not support this method anymore because of the fact that it requires you to crack the base game, the expansions and the stuff packs individually.

If you really want to play with generations, simply install every game, except generations and update every game to the latest. Do not crack until after the games have all been installed and updated.

After you have installed and updated every game its time to apply the cracks. You will find a crack folder inside the late night and outdoors living zips you downloaded. You will find the cracks for "The Sims 3" "High End Loft Stuff" " "World Adventures" "Ambitions" "Fast Lane Stuff" and "Late Night" inside the crack folder that is inside the late night zip. You will find the crack for outdoor living in the crack folder that was in the outdoor living crack.

Take those cracks and apply them to their appropriate game. Do not use the cracks from any of the other games except night life and outdoor living, they are outdated.

Hope this helps.

Back to top Go down

TS3 OLS/Generations Problem. [CLOSED] Empty Re: TS3 OLS/Generations Problem. [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jul 2011, 03:08

I guess that's what I'll b doing again tomorrow and I really hope that this time I won't get "incompatible base game" "insert the disc" or a crashing game as soon as it has loaded the town.
However, updating my graphic drivers didn't work. I've been waiting for a while for this to change -
TS3 OLS/Generations Problem. [CLOSED] Untitl10

Unfortunately the only changing thing about it are, as I said - the Tips of the day. I'm really frustrated Sad. Do you have any idea what I could possibly do before I start un- and re-installing again? Because, speaking honestly, I reaaaaally want the Generations expansion, because my toddler just became a normal child and I introduced two of the daughters to their future "husbands" and was having such nice plans about a third generation pale. It would be nice if they could do something else than just going to school and writing their homework Question .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jul 2011, 05:35

You could try to export the family as they are now and then load them up in a new town. I know it would mean sacrificing your sims current lives, but you would still have the family.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 21 Jul 2011, 12:44

aelf4e wrote:I guess that's what I'll b doing again tomorrow and I really hope that this time I won't get "incompatible base game" "insert the disc" or a crashing game as soon as it has loaded the town.
However, updating my graphic drivers didn't work. I've been waiting for a while for this to change -
TS3 OLS/Generations Problem. [CLOSED] Untitl10

Unfortunately the only changing thing about it are, as I said - the Tips of the day. I'm really frustrated Sad. Do you have any idea what I could possibly do before I start un- and re-installing again? Because, speaking honestly, I reaaaaally want the Generations expansion, because my toddler just became a normal child and I introduced two of the daughters to their future "husbands" and was having such nice plans about a third generation pale. It would be nice if they could do something else than just going to school and writing their homework Question .
Hello,

Do you have any Mods / CC applied to the game?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jul 2011, 12:51

Hi, CC means custom content, not created by EA, right? I've installed a few things on the new game, haven't used on the save though. I don't have any mods right now. Should I uninstall the CC?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 21 Jul 2011, 12:52

aelf4e wrote:Hi, CC means custom content, not created by EA, right? I've installed a few things on the new game, haven't used on the save though. I don't have any mods right now. Should I uninstall the CC?
Hello,

Yes, CC = Custom Content. Please delete / move those and then restart your game. See if it makes any difference. I know some reports from the past that people their game won't load after using CC / Mods.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jul 2011, 12:57

Yep, I've just deleted them from the folder, gonna uninstall them from the launcher right away. There are three .bin files in the folder though, do I have to delete them too? the first one was created last time I installed the game (15.04), but the others are new from these last days. They're msi.bin and wl.bin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 21 Jul 2011, 13:01

aelf4e wrote:Yep, I've just deleted them from the folder, gonna uninstall them from the launcher right away. There are three .bin files in the folder though, do I have to delete them too? the first one was created last time I installed the game (15.04), but the others are new from these last days. They're msi.bin and wl.bin.
Hello,

To be honest I don't know what does .bin folders are for. You could back them up to your desktop and see if it makes any difference. Maybe they're part of the CC / Mods.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jul 2011, 13:39

bin folders are generally used as a directory for storing certain files such as the exe and the dll files that are required for the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jul 2011, 14:20

Hi, I've deleted the CC and tried three time loading the games already, unfortunately it doesn't help. And I restarted the laptop as well, no use Sad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 21 Jul 2011, 16:10

Favorlock wrote:bin folders are generally used as a directory for storing certain files such as the exe and the dll files that are required for the game.
Hello,

Yes, but he/she said "file inside folder", so he/she doesn't mean the "Bin" folder, but .bin files.

aelf4e wrote:Hi, I've deleted the CC and tried three time loading the games already, unfortunately it doesn't help. And I restarted the laptop as well, no use Sad.
Did you also delete the .bin files?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jul 2011, 17:16

Hi,

The first time around I started the game with them, and then I moved them to the desktop, there was no visible difference. I suppose that if they have anything to do with the original EA download content and are not cache-like, i.e. re-create themselves every time I start, that might concern some of the objects in the game, but apparently didn't have anything to do with the loading of the game.
I'm at work now, but when I get home tonight, do you think I should also remove the EA download content? Anyway, whatever ideas yiou might have, they're highly appreciated and I'll keep trying tonight.

xoxo,
Aleksandra

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 21 Jul 2011, 21:20

aelf4e wrote:Hi,

The first time around I started the game with them, and then I moved them to the desktop, there was no visible difference. I suppose that if they have anything to do with the original EA download content and are not cache-like, i.e. re-create themselves every time I start, that might concern some of the objects in the game, but apparently didn't have anything to do with the loading of the game.
I'm at work now, but when I get home tonight, do you think I should also remove the EA download content? Anyway, whatever ideas yiou might have, they're highly appreciated and I'll keep trying tonight.

xoxo,
Aleksandra
Hello,

Yes, please try dealing the EA download content. (Although I don't know what you mean by that. The EADM?)
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jul 2011, 22:32

Hi,

I mean the downloads from the EA Store - haircuts, clothes, Riverwiev, etc.

xoxo

//EDIT

I've just tried something else - I copied my old save, which isn't at it's latest stand, so I had dropped it. Good thing I'd kept it on my hard. It has absolutely no problems loading, so I guess it's really because of the size of the files (it's about 7 times smaller in terms of Megabytes). It has no problem loading and the game didn't crash as soon as it'd loaded. I'm gonna try reducing manually the size of the troublesome save to see how much of it I can keep. Please don't close the topic yet, I'd like to share the results in case someone else is experiencing a similar problem. Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 22 Jul 2011, 01:24

Hello,

I'm glad you were able to find a temporary solution yourself. Yes, please share your solution with us. Thank you!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jul 2011, 23:06

Hi,

Unfortunately this didn't work out either. I'm really tired of trying to start my oh-so-amazing save, so I'm just playing something else. You can close the topic now, if by any chance I figure out an actual solution, I'm gonna contact you. Thanks for trying to help me anyway, it's great to know that there's somebody somewhere ready to give any advice he/she can.

Best regards,
Aleksandra

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 22 Jul 2011, 23:52

aelf4e wrote:Hi,

Unfortunately this didn't work out either. I'm really tired of trying to start my oh-so-amazing save, so I'm just playing something else. You can close the topic now, if by any chance I figure out an actual solution, I'm gonna contact you. Thanks for trying to help me anyway, it's great to know that there's somebody somewhere ready to give any advice he/she can.

Best regards,
Aleksandra
Hello,

You're welcome, still sorry we couldn't get an actual fix for you. If you ever come across a fix, yes, please share it with us.
And if you have got any more problems in the future, please don't hesitate to let us know. We would be more than happy to help you!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top