Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 PC question - installation order

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 PC question - installation order Empty Sims 3 PC question - installation order

Post by Guest Tue 07 Jan 2014, 20:52

hi! Have read https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly but didn't find the answer to my question, so am hoping I haven't just overlooked it - apologies if so!

I've downloaded TS3 base game and all of the EPs and SPs
1) is there a particular order that I should install them in? (Beyond installing the base game first, obviously!)
and 2) just to clarify, I install all games but don't use the # crack folder instructions on any of them, but just use the manual patch (https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v133-fix-manual-patch) and ultimate fix (https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems) at the end?

Thanks in advance

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 PC question - installation order Empty Re: Sims 3 PC question - installation order

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jan 2014, 13:34

Yes, that's exactly it!
Since you need an order, it can be chronological, but there is no absolute order for install.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 PC question - installation order Empty Re: Sims 3 PC question - installation order

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jan 2014, 14:20

thank you Shamrock!
I originally just had TS3 base game, and TS3 Pets EP (cracked, followed the instructions) installed. Do I need to uninstall Pets before installing but not cracking the others?

I decided to install them in order of official release date. A few of the EPs/SPs ask you to change the value of a registry file called 'SKU'. Do I need to do this, or can I ignore this along with the #crack instructions?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jan 2014, 14:33

Just ignore it and go ahead with the installation!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jan 2014, 14:35

thank you again! Especially for responding so quickly
I'll let you know how I get on  Very Happy  just to double check, I didn't need to uninstall my cracked Pets EP before installing all of the others?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jan 2014, 14:38

No no, don't uninstall anything and go ahead!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jan 2014, 16:55

thank you so much for the help, & to the whole team for their generosity and hard work! Everything works perfectly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jan 2014, 17:34

Great! Glad to hear it!
Anything else we can help you with?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top