Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help!! Empty Help!!

Post by Guest Mon 20 Jan 2014, 16:53

Okay, I have had a couple of problems with sims 3 on my macbook pro in general so hopefully we can sort through at least a couple of them Smile

Okay, a long time ago I downloaded the sims 3, the same one linked on this site and installed it. I played without any expansions, only Custom Content and Mods. I then deleted it because I wasn't interest in it at the time, I then purchase the game and its expansions, downloaded them and sold them again because I needed some money.
 Anyway, I would like to play it again and have downloaded the same one from this site, the one I originally downloaded from, once installed, I noticed all my old saved games were still there, regardless I continued to follow the instructions and everything went simingly, except for when it came up to the update. My sims 3 version was 1.27 if i remember correctly. It said no updates needed unless I clicked refresh, I un-ticked "automatic updates" like suggested. I then waited 2 hours for the update to download! I had never updated sims 3 before on a torrent so I didn't know if this was out of the ordinary & my internet speed isn't too shabby. 
Anyway after 2 hours I received a notice saying "Fail" something a rather. I then tried again the next day, this time the whole update finished, then said fail. I tried twice more until giving up on the update. I had wanted to put in expansions so I decided not to update and try adding expansions through the Games4theworld guide regardless. I downloaded showtime and off I went, everything went well except the final step which said something along the lines of my base game being out of date, therefor they were incompatible and I was unable to complete the installation. So after ALL of this, I decided to just go back to the way it used to be and put some mods and CC on my game, the only thing that worked were SIMS3Packs no package files, I had used package files before and have tried all the ways that people say, but my MODS just don't work Sad 

I have now deleted every shred of sims 3 data on my mac and am hoping I can start again with the help of you guys, I would be over the moon if i could have expansions and mods! Thank you for reading, another thing I'd like to add is when adding mods the first time my mac crashed so I had to reboot it, upon rebooting I noticed the two sides of my screen were black (Like they are in sims 3) permanently I have tried adjusting the resolution but the screen is as if it's not there, I can't put my mouse over it, it's un-useable? Weird glitch.

THANK YOU for reading through, I appreciate it Smile !

Back to top Go down

Help!! Empty Re: Help!!

Post by Dieneryn Wed 22 Jan 2014, 15:19

Hello hello,

May I know if you downloaded the games4theworld's version of base game? Because that would not run well on macs.
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Jan 2014, 06:07

Yes I did, was that wrong? It was playable but problematic, maybe that's the cause! Do you have a link for sims 3 on mac? Thank you for your time

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Thu 23 Jan 2014, 17:45

Please read the guide from the link below Smile There's a link in the guide which leads you to the recommended base game Wink

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t11808-brand-new-how-to-install-the-sims-3-on-mac-os-guide-read-it-here-now-new
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Jan 2014, 05:06

Thank you! I'll be sure to check it out. Hopefully things work out better this time around Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Fri 24 Jan 2014, 05:08

Sure, do update us! Smile
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Jan 2014, 08:58

Okay I have downloaded the sims 3 from the link you gave me and followed the instructions but it failed to update. It doesn't say there is an update needed until I click refresh, it said something along the lines of "Failed to update patch now found" or something. Let me know if you have heard of this problem! Thanks Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Mon 27 Jan 2014, 17:26

Hello,

This problem is very common. One way is to keep trying. If it still fails, you can try the manual patch instead. Smile
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jan 2014, 03:16

Thanks for the reply, Manual patch? How do i go about that Smile

Back to top Go down

Help!! Empty Sims 3 Manual Patch

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jan 2014, 07:56

Thank you all for your help thus far, I can't seem to find an instruction on how to install a manual patch? I need to do this in order to update my game. I'm also curious as to what the ultimate fix is, do I need it and how it is applied. Thank you sorry for the hassle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jan 2014, 09:41

Please see this topic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jan 2014, 12:58

Thank yes I found that but where are the manual patch instructions :S Sorry they are probably infront of my eyes I'm very confused.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jan 2014, 13:56

Sorry I am no Mac expert...
I will ask someone to come and answer you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jan 2014, 14:44

Thank you! That would be greatly appreciated

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Wed 29 Jan 2014, 15:35

Hello,

The manual patch instructions are in the manual patch files.

Also, please do not open more than one topic. That is against forum rules and is seen as a form of spamming. I hope you understand. Wink
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Jan 2014, 17:13

Thank you so much, Sorry I wasn't aware! I really appreciate all your help I feel like an idiot. Thanks again!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Thu 30 Jan 2014, 03:06

No worries about it! Is your problem solved?
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Jan 2014, 13:38

Everything is sorted now! Thank you so much for your time I've figured it all out! I have EPs and CC/MODS running perfect!! <3 <3 Thank you :*

Moderator edit: use the "edit"-button on your post if you want to add anything to your original message please.

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Fri 31 Jan 2014, 16:56

You are welcome! Anything else you need help with? Or can I close the topic now? Smile
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum