Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to Install sims 3 ambitions?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to Install sims 3 ambitions? Empty How to Install sims 3 ambitions?

Post by Guest Thu 28 Jul 2011, 08:14

I read it and when I applyed the ultimate fix it worked fine for generations. the generations is over V8 and the ambitions is over V4 so it says their not compatible. any help?

If anyone tell me exact steps on how to install ambitions please (full detail)

Thanks-

Back to top Go down

How to Install sims 3 ambitions? Empty Re: How to Install sims 3 ambitions?

Post by Guest Thu 28 Jul 2011, 09:16

Hi there Codeden,
If I'm reading correctly, it seems like you're installing the expansion packs out of order. The expansion/stuff packs need to be installed in chronological order (WA -> HELS -> Amb -> FLS -> LN -> OLS -> Gen) in order to work correctly. So you would need to uninstall Generations, then install Ambitions and any subsequent releases before re-installing generations and using the ultimate fix to keep your game up to date.

Try that and if you are still having troubles installing ambitions, let us know so we can help you out. just make sure you follow the instructions in the installation guide file exactly or you might screw things up. Let me know how that works out for you.

Cheers,
~ Anatra

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 28 Jul 2011, 09:24

Hello,
The installationguide should tell you everything you need to know, but before that also read the big red letters on the front page. There's also a link to that post in my signature.
You don't actually have to install each pack in chronological order, as long as Generations was installed first after installing the base game.
Please let us know if this helps and don't hesitate to post if you run into any other problems.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Jul 2011, 09:55

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,
The installationguide should tell you everything you need to know, but before that also read the big red letters on the front page. There's also a link to that post in my signature.
You don't actually have to install each pack in chronological order, as long as Generations was installed first after installing the base game.
Please let us know if this helps and don't hesitate to post if you run into any other problems.

then i'm curious as to why the installation guide for LN stressed installing the packs in a particular order? here's where I get confused because I got one person telling me to install them in a particular order, and another saying it makes no difference. scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 28 Jul 2011, 10:09

Anatra wrote:
Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

then i'm curious as to why the installation guide for LN stressed installing the packs in a particular order? here's where I get confused because I got one person telling me to install them in a particular order, and another saying it makes no difference. scratch

Hello,
This is because things have changed recently with the release of the latest expansionpack. If you read this post: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly-must-read
You can see that it says to install Generations first, skip the cracks and ignore the Late Night installationguide. It is true that it was necessary to install the expansions in order before, but it isn't needed anymore, not since the release of Generations.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Jul 2011, 16:01

Sorry to sort of hijack this thread, but I felt my question didnt really require a whole topic as its likely i'm being stupid, but if you install generations first then install the other expansions, do I still need to copy the cracks from ultimate fix into their (ie all expansions except base game and generations) respective /game/bin directories or does it make no difference?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 28 Jul 2011, 21:24

Hello,
That's actually a good question and the answer is different than you might expect. There's actually only one crack in the fix, and that's the one you copy&past last. All of the other files in the fix are the original files and I suspect you don't need these if you've done a fresh install. If you're applying the fix later on meaning after the game has been cracked you still have to replace all of the files in each of their game/bin directories.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top