Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how do you install sims 3 store updates ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

how do you install sims 3 store updates ? Empty how do you install sims 3 store updates ?

Post by Guest Fri 29 Jul 2011, 09:19

i have sims 3, Ambitions, Generations, Late Nighte, High-end loft stuff and outdoor living stuff. I wanted to download the sims 3 store updates and i was wondering if i could install them to the game on my mac and if so then how ?
All help is appreciated Smile

Mod edit: Topic moved to right section.

-Lady ElDi

Back to top Go down

how do you install sims 3 store updates ? Empty Re: how do you install sims 3 store updates ?

Post by Guest Tue 09 Aug 2011, 19:27

Store updates are installed by opening the zip files with an associated program like StuffIt Expander. Mac should be able to associate that compressed file (usually .rar) and open it by itself. The folder will be created in the same directory that the compressed file was in, by default. You then have to open every folder and drag the files (.pack files, I think) to Documents->Electronic Arts->Downloads.

DO NOT PUT FOLDERS INTO THE DOWNLOADS FOLDER. Other wise, it will not work.

Once you've added them into your "Downloads" folder, open up the Sims 3 Launcher and click "Downloads." Check every file that you want installed and a new screen will pop up with a loading bar. Wait, and the files will be installed in your game.

Have fun!

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top