Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 expansion(Pets) problem (No game disk found)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 expansion(Pets) problem (No game disk found) Empty The Sims 3 expansion(Pets) problem (No game disk found)

Post by Guest Wed 19 Feb 2014, 00:02

Alrighty so here's the issue. I'll try to make it as clear as possible and give as many details as I can.

Firstly I want to make it super duper clear I'm on a Mac
- I bought The sims 3 base game on Origin along with Late Night and High End Loft Stuff.
- I downloaded Pets expansion from games4theworld, and the ultimate fix crack thing (Decided I'd just test out one expansion before getting more)
- I installed Pets using winebottler
- I copied the files from the ultimate fix - I took the files from the #Crack folder and put it in The Sims 3/Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin.
- When it launched it said there was an unofficial mod that would cause bugs, and it did. It wouldn't let me get past the menu.
- After reading more details into the installation guide I found out that I had to take the files from the All expansion packs released after and including Generations.
- I did that, put it in the same place as I mentioned above in italics.
- I launched the game and did the update, then it says I need to insert the disk

I have no clue what to do at this point. I read somewhere that because I downloaded the base Origin I have to put the patch somewhere else. But I don't know where. I've been looking through the forums here and I really don't now what to do. 

Someone please help me Smile

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 expansion(Pets) problem (No game disk found) Empty Re: The Sims 3 expansion(Pets) problem (No game disk found)

Post by Dieneryn Mon 24 Feb 2014, 04:38

Hello!

Please use our mac guide instead Smile

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t11808-brand-new-how-to-install-the-sims-3-on-mac-os-guide-read-it-here-now-new

We do not use winebottler for our installs Smile

Hope this helps Very Happy
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

Female

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top