Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP! URGENT - THE SIMS 3 WA

View previous topic View next topic Go down

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP! URGENT - THE SIMS 3 WA Empty PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP! URGENT - THE SIMS 3 WA

Post by Guest Sat 12 Apr 2014, 01:09

Hey,

So, I've read all your posts on how to install correctly the sims 3, however, I have one question. HOW DO I INSTALL WORLD ADVENTURES?? I've read the Installation Guide, bu I don't get the 3rd point:

"Change the 'C:\Program Files\Sims 3' to: 
'C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3' before Installing the Patch! (If you have
Installed The Sims 3 in an other language, it'll be something else. Like when you Installed
The Game in Dutch, it'll be: 'C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\De Sims 3', so be sure you 
check what you have, otherwise it won't work!"

Back to top Go down

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP! URGENT - THE SIMS 3 WA Empty Re: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP! URGENT - THE SIMS 3 WA

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 12 Apr 2014, 05:47

liacpaa wrote:Hey,

So, I've read all your posts on how to install correctly the sims 3, however, I have one question. HOW DO I INSTALL WORLD ADVENTURES?? I've read the Installation Guide, bu I don't get the 3rd point:

"Change the 'C:\Program Files\Sims 3' to: 
'C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3' before Installing the Patch! (If you have
Installed The Sims 3 in an other language, it'll be something else. Like when you Installed
The Game in Dutch, it'll be: 'C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\De Sims 3', so be sure you 
check what you have, otherwise it won't work!"

Hello,

I've split your post. Wink

As for your issue, I'm not 100% sure if that problem is outdated, buzt what language do you want to install The Sims 3 in ? In English - or Portuguese ? (seeing that you're from Portugal). If you want to install The Sims 3 in English, then there's no big deal behind it. Just install The Sims 3 in English, and then go on with the other expansions.

If you install the game in Portuguese though then name of the folder in C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts will be Os Sims 3. You need to change the folder's name to The Sims 3 after installing the base game. And after you changed the folder's name, go on with installing the other expansions.

Also, refer to this guide here, too:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Good luck, and please report back to us if you have more issues with that ! Smile 

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP! URGENT - THE SIMS 3 WA Empty Re: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP! URGENT - THE SIMS 3 WA

Post by Guest Sat 12 Apr 2014, 18:44

Hey Carlos!

Thank you for explaining, after all it was a simple thing, but I think that it wasn't much clear what to do, or at least for me.. Razz

I'll try intalling them all correctly now and hope that everything goes well... Otherwise I know there's always some "magician" ready to help! Ahahahahah

Thank you for replying! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 13 Apr 2014, 00:35

Hello there,

Good luck and please do let us know if you need any kind of assistance during the process! Wink
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 13 Apr 2014, 05:27

liacpaa wrote:Hey Carlos!

Thank you for explaining, after all it was a simple thing, but I think that it wasn't much clear what to do, or at least for me.. Razz

I'll try intalling them all correctly now and hope that everything goes well... Otherwise I know there's always some "magician" ready to help! Ahahahahah

Thank you for replying! Smile

You are very welcome ! So did you successfully install "World Adventures" now ? And did renaming the folder help you ? Also, do check out this topic here too:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

This is the most current topic about installing The Sims 3. Yes, indeed, let us know if you need more assistance with that. Good luck for now ! Smile  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Apr 2014, 22:35

So, unfortunately I couldn't do it... I installed the base game in english and portuguese, I changed the name as you advised, and even if in an "alien" language I managed to instal the patch, but.... only to, when doing step 5, at the end it said "file not found".
Can I ask if even using the WA from another uploader will I manage to use your manual patch and ultimate fix? Sorry for the question, but maybe it's the quickest way for me to get the game running.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 15 Apr 2014, 05:32

liacpaa wrote:So, unfortunately I couldn't do it... I installed the base game in english and portuguese, I changed the name as you advised, and even if in an "alien" language I managed to instal the patch, but.... only to, when doing step 5, at the end it said "file not found".
Can I ask if even using the WA from another uploader will I manage to use your manual patch and ultimate fix? Sorry for the question, but maybe it's the quickest way for me to get the game running.

I'm now not sure what's happening in your installation. Step 5 ? I assume you mean step 4, the application of the Ultimate fix ? If so, how exactly did you try to apply that fix ? I honestly don't think this is related to "World Adventures" from Games4TheWorld, but let's see.

The way it's supposed to be installed is this:

1) Install base game

2) Apply LATEST manual patch

3) Install all expansions

4) Re-apply latest manual patch

5) Install Ultimate fix (= step #4 in the "must read"-guide I posted above, please re-read that guide).

And there shouldn't be a big deal about this, normally. If you really can't get it done, you may download and install "TeamViewer":

http://www.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.exe

And then get in touch with me via PM, so that we can arrange a "TeamViewer session", in which I temporarily take control of your computer, and have a look at that myself. If you don't want that though, then it's OK too, of course. Smile  But then we'll have to do this via the forum, and I'm really unsure what is happening in your installation.

You may even include some screenshots of the issues you are getting.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top