Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 base game help.[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 base game help.[SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 base game help.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 06 Aug 2011, 00:32

Hello, I am trying to install the Sims 3 full which is just Sims 3 and no expansion packs but I am stuck. I downloaded the files, and unzipped them using winrar onto a folder on my desktop. I mounted both sims 3 files using the daemon tool. Then I go to install one of them [because there were two winrar files I had to unzip, I am a little confused about that but I went ahead to try and install everything anyways] it pops up wanting a serial number, I use the serial generator and I get ready for it to install. A message pops up saying "Please insert disk 1 that contains the file Caches/sunset valley.objectCache. I read in the installation file that thats what is supposed to pop up and I am supposed to just open the sims 3 file that I mounted with daemon tool. I go into the folder on my desktop through the browse button and go to look for that file but I see no files, just folders. I see files when mounting the files, I just have to have the option of seeing all files and not just a specific type. I have no idea how I am supposed to do this. I had the regular version of sims 3 installed once using the disk, but I had to uninstall it because I just recently lost the disk. Also, I have all but 2 expansion packs from you guys. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks Smile

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 base game help.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 base game help.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 06 Aug 2011, 01:35

Ok first if you would Like to stick with old sims 3 version which is 1.0.3 I think, then ok but if you want 1.24 you need a expansion.

Anyway...During the instalation it should pop up with "Please insert disk 1"
If you mounted disk 1 onto a drive it should be in "My Computer"

Please be more specific.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Aug 2011, 01:48

I am as specific as I can be. I just told said when i try to find the file I cannot view any files with the "setup needs the next disk" notification. I can only see folders.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 06 Aug 2011, 09:39

Hello,
You say you have already mounted both files when this comes up. So you don't have to look at the folder on your desktop. Instead, go to my computer a window pops up with your drives, usually C:, D:, E: etc. depending on how many drives you have. Daemontools is a virtual drive, you should see it there, right click it and from the drop down menu choose autoplay and you should be good to go.

Please let us know if this is helpful and don't hesitate to post if you run into other problems.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 06 Aug 2011, 12:04

bri573 wrote:Hello, I am trying to install the Sims 3 full which is just Sims 3 and no expansion packs but I am stuck. I downloaded the files, and unzipped them using winrar onto a folder on my desktop. I mounted both sims 3 files using the daemon tool. Then I go to install one of them [because there were two winrar files I had to unzip, I am a little confused about that but I went ahead to try and install everything anyways] it pops up wanting a serial number, I use the serial generator and I get ready for it to install. A message pops up saying "Please insert disk 1 that contains the file Caches/sunset valley.objectCache. I read in the installation file that thats what is supposed to pop up and I am supposed to just open the sims 3 file that I mounted with daemon tool. I go into the folder on my desktop through the browse button and go to look for that file but I see no files, just folders. I see files when mounting the files, I just have to have the option of seeing all files and not just a specific type. I have no idea how I am supposed to do this. I had the regular version of sims 3 installed once using the disk, but I had to uninstall it because I just recently lost the disk. Also, I have all but 2 expansion packs from you guys. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks Smile
Hello,

First of all, you say that you've unzipped two .rar files. Those aren't .rar files, those áre the .ISO files you need to Mount. They have the WinRAR icon, but they are really .ISO files, which you need to mount using Daemon Tools Lite. (See our free Mounting Guide for more information on how to do this)
If you want to check the file's type, right-click on it and choose "Properties".

When you've mounted them both, follow these instructions I wrote earlier:

First, Mount both images. When the installation asks for Disk 1, click 'Browse' and select óne of the two Mounted Images. If you get an error, just click the other image you Mounted. When the Installation asks for Disk 2, do the same. The Installation should go on now.
If you still don't understand the above, please watch our Installation Video on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm1i-P4I7bc
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Aug 2011, 23:06

Ohh. I didn't even realize that. I will try it again and see if it works. I will post back today to say if it worked or not, thanks Smile

//EDIT

Thank you very much for the help, I never did figure it out I was going to try again today but somehow I managed to find the actual sims 3 disk that I had lost. Thank you though

Mod edit: Problem solved, topic closed.

- LadyElDi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top