Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A problem hide another. Completely desperate...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A problem hide another. Completely desperate... Empty A problem hide another. Completely desperate...

Post by Guest Mon 23 Jun 2014, 18:40

Hey,

so, i was enjoying the sims 3 on Origin ( real copy of the game ) and today i wanted to play a little further with the "World adventures" expansion. I downloaded the addon, installed it but cant make it work. So, after searching the net for solutions, i found your guide  and followed it perfectly ( i installed "Master suite" just for that ).

So, now i have the base game, world advetures and master suite installed, the game load, no error message of any kind but my main menu was totally blank... After searching that, i found this thread where someone had the same problem ( wanted to post the link but i can't. The name of the thread iThe Sims 3 - Empty Start up screen. [SOLVED]

Apparently, re-applying the patch in the guide worked, so i did it. I re-applyied the patch for version 1.67.2 even if it was already installed. And, indeed, that fixed the problem because my saves were in the menu and the menu was ok. BUT, now the game ( in the menu ) says that the CD of the game is missing.... He ask me to use the master suite CD.

I supose it's because now that i applyed a patch, the crack was overwrited. But if i reput the crack, the first problem with the blank menu is here again ! So, i have 2 different problems and solving one bring up the other one !

I'm desperate and i dont know what to do now... 
Can someone help ?

PS : Sorry for my english, i'm french Sad

Back to top Go down

A problem hide another. Completely desperate... Empty Re: A problem hide another. Completely desperate...

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 24 Jun 2014, 00:24

etitiennep wrote:Hey,

so, i was enjoying the sims 3 on Origin ( real copy of the game ) and today i wanted to play a little further with the "World adventures" expansion. I downloaded the addon, installed it but cant make it work. So, after searching the net for solutions, i found your guide  and followed it perfectly ( i installed "Master suite" just for that ).

So, now i have the base game, world advetures and master suite installed, the game load, no error message of any kind but my main menu was totally blank... After searching that, i found this thread where someone had the same problem ( wanted to post the link but i can't. The name of the thread iThe Sims 3 - Empty Start up screen. [SOLVED]

Apparently, re-applying the patch in the guide worked, so i did it. I re-applyied the patch for version 1.67.2 even if it was already installed. And, indeed, that fixed the problem because my saves were in the menu and the menu was ok. BUT, now the game ( in the menu ) says that the CD of the game is missing.... He ask me to use the master suite CD.

I supose it's because now that i applyed a patch, the crack was overwrited. But if i reput the crack, the first problem with the blank menu is here again ! So, i have 2 different problems and solving one bring up the other one !

I'm desperate and i dont know what to do now... 
Can someone help ?

PS : Sorry for my english, i'm french Sad

//MOVED

Hello,

You probably didn't apply the correct crack. You ALWAYS have to make sure to use the latest available patch and the latest availalbe crack too. So if you carefully re-do the steps from #2 to #4 here, your game should work then:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Good luck ! Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

A problem hide another. Completely desperate... Empty Re: A problem hide another. Completely desperate...

Post by Guest Tue 24 Jun 2014, 11:37

After many many hours of trying and after re-dl / re-apply the step 2-3-4 another time, it worked !
Thanks !

Now i fear the moment when i will install the other expansions Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 28 Jun 2014, 03:21

etitiennep wrote:After many many hours of trying and after re-dl / re-apply the step 2-3-4 another time, it worked !
Thanks !

Now i fear the moment when i will install the other expansions Razz

Basically you can add more expansions, at any time. Just make sure that AFTER you finshed installing new games, that you re-do these steps from #2 to #4. Smile  Just let me know if you need more help with anything - I will leave the topic open.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top