Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Deliciously Indulgent Bakery! HELP!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Deliciously Indulgent Bakery! HELP! Empty The Deliciously Indulgent Bakery! HELP!

Post by Guest Sun 17 Aug 2014, 04:51

Hi there,
I just recently download the set, and I try adding the store fixes as stated in the instruction.
I got the Baker's oven to work; however I cannot purchase through the cash register. When I attempt to purchase, my sims has the can't walk bubble thought. Also I cannot browse through the display case as well, no interaction available. I need help please!

I looked through the forum before and I already try to delete "scriptCache.package" in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/

Thank you ~

Back to top Go down

The Deliciously Indulgent Bakery! HELP! Empty Re: The Deliciously Indulgent Bakery! HELP!

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 17 Aug 2014, 05:27

intropella wrote:Hi there,
I just recently download the set, and I try adding the store fixes as stated in the instruction.
I got the Baker's oven to work; however I cannot purchase through the cash register. When I attempt to purchase, my sims has the can't walk bubble thought. Also I cannot browse through the display case as well, no interaction available. I need help please!

I looked through the forum before and I already try to delete "scriptCache.package" in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/

Thank you ~

Hello,

To avoid this problem, you need to install "store fixes". But first, please read this guide here on how to install ".package" files:
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files/Setup_and_Files

There is also a link to the "Mod framework", (I think under no. #2 there), which you need to extract the "Mods"-folder first and then put the "Mods"-folder into the correct location, as described. The Mods-folder goes into My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3.

Next, get the temporary fixes from here:
http://goo.gl/ikuzQn

And follow the included instructions. Then these items should work again. Good luck and let me know if you need more assistance !  The Deliciously Indulgent Bakery! HELP! Icon_smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

The Deliciously Indulgent Bakery! HELP! Empty Re: The Deliciously Indulgent Bakery! HELP!

Post by Guest Sun 17 Aug 2014, 05:32

^ I did everything, like I stated in my first post. Installing the fix and what not. I've seen other thread on those instruction already, since it does not work for me; therefore I made my own seperate thread for help.
It does not seem to work, I'm not sure why.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 17 Aug 2014, 05:36

intropella wrote:^ I did everything, like I stated in my first post. Installing the fix and what not.

If the fixes are applied correctly, the bakery will work. Please, re-download the bakery from the link in my previous reply. And follow the included instructions carefully. For example: did you also replace the ccmerged.package from the DCBackup folder, with the new ccmerged.package from the fix ? That's a common source of error, but again, please refer to the included instructions. Smile 

It works fine for me (btw, while re-compiling the fixes, I tested each and every "premium store item", and everything was smooth), and for all others too.

//EDIT

I remember the cash register was working fine for me too, but I'll look into that, next time play...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Aug 2014, 05:38

Carlos wrote:
intropella wrote:^ I did everything, like I stated in my first post. Installing the fix and what not.

If the fixes are applied correctly, the bakery will work. Please, re-download the bakery from the link in my previous reply. And follow the included instructions carefully. For example: did you also replace the ccmerged.package from the DCBackup folder, with the new ccmerged.package from the fix ? That's a common source of error, but again, please refer to the included instructions. Smile 

It works fine for me (btw, while re-compiling the fixes, I tested each and every "premium store item", and everything was smooth), and for all others too.
Yup did everything, I replace the ccmerged.package.
Oh, the bakery worked like the first post. It just the cash register isn't working for me when I need to purchase an item.

-- edit:
yeah the main problem is the cash register purchasing problem (sims cannot purchase cause it has the "no walking" thought bubble" & the display case has no interaction-actualy unsure if the display has the interaction option in the first place-)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 17 Aug 2014, 06:16

intropella wrote:Yup did everything, I replace the ccmerged.package.
Oh, the bakery worked like the first post. It just the cash register isn't working for me when I need to purchase an item.

-- edit:
yeah the main problem is the cash register purchasing problem (sims cannot purchase cause it has the "no walking" thought bubble" & the display case has no interaction-actualy unsure if the display has the interaction option in the first place-)

OK, here's what I did:

I placed the bakery on a lot (a 30 x 30 community lot; lot type "Hangout"). I went with my sim inside, and clicked on that "sweet nothing simoleon counter" - or whatever the exact name is... I chose "hire salesclerk" after which another sim popped up, who would function as the salesperson.

I then clicked again on the register, choosing "browse". A small window showed up in the top right of the screen, saying "we have [insert number here] items available". Also, you can click on the register and choose "purchase", after which a list will show up, with all available items. I did notice though, that once the list shows up, that everything is named "serving plate"...so you can't distinguish the items by name. But the name of the baked good (apple pie, cinnamon roll, etc.) will show up once you buy the item, and hover with the mouse over it...not sure if that is a glitch though.

The same procedure basically works at your home lot too: hire a sale clerk first, then click on the register and choose "purchase". Now...of course, this register is primarily meant for community lots, and not for your home lot. Wink  If you have problems with the register, try this:

Click on the register first, and select "fire salesclerk", after a while that salesclerk sim should go away (I guess...). Next, go to buy mode and delete (sell) the register. And then buy a new one, under Buy mode -> Sort by function -> Appliances (the logo that looks like a remote control) -> Miscellaneous Electronics -> Sweet nothing simloeon register

Hire a new salesclerk then, and see if you can browse through the list. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Aug 2014, 06:53

Hi thanks for the reply, I don't have the option with the serving pates. Like I said before, I had the problem when I try to purchase I am unable purchase anything, like the list did not come up. I still have that thought bubble that does not allow me to walk (after I clicked the purchase option). I'm doing this on a community lot as well.

Oh I attempted deleting the cash register and placing a new one too, and same thing happened. Hm... The thing is when I removed the fix, I can purchase that has the serving plates popping up, but when I apply it; it does not work..

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 17 Aug 2014, 06:59

intropella wrote:Hi thanks for the reply, I don't have the option with the serving pates. Like I said before, I had the problem when I try to purchase I am unable purchase anything, like the list did not come up. I still have that thought bubble that does not allow me to walk (after I clicked the purchase option). I'm doing this on a community lot as well.

Oh I attempted deleting the cash register and placing a new one too, and same thing happened. Hm... The thing is when I removed the fix, I can purchase that has the serving plates popping up, but when I apply it; it does not work..

Assuming the store fix files were placed correctly, and you don't have any other fix files from other sources (!), I'm (almost) out of explanations...but out of interest:

1) do you have any other mods ?
2) can you try the same in a FRESH savefile too ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Aug 2014, 07:03

Carlos wrote:
intropella wrote:Hi thanks for the reply, I don't have the option with the serving pates. Like I said before, I had the problem when I try to purchase I am unable purchase anything, like the list did not come up. I still have that thought bubble that does not allow me to walk (after I clicked the purchase option). I'm doing this on a community lot as well.

Assuming the store fix files were placed correctly, and you don't have any other fix files from other sources (!), I'm (almost) out of explanations...but out of interest:

1) do you have any other mods ?
2) can youn try the same in a FRESH savefile too ?

Nope, no other fix files besides the one I downloaded on games4theworld.

1) Yes i do, mods that modify sims option, clothing, furniture, ect.
2) I'll try to do that now, and see if there's any result.
--- update

2) It still didn't work. -sigh- thanks for the help though! Since the oven is working perfectly, I don't really need to worry as much as the cash register.
Although I want the cash register to work functionally (browsing and purchasing option does not work, when i clicked on it).. stupid sims action saying "I CAN'T WALK CAUSE SOMETHING IS BLOCKING"
T_T

Since I have a mac, perhaps this could be a issue for the fix? I don't know.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 18 Aug 2014, 09:38

intropella wrote:
Nope, no other fix files besides the one I downloaded on games4theworld.

1) Yes i do, mods that modify sims option, clothing, furniture, ect.
2) I'll try to do that now, and see if there's any result.
--- update

2) It still didn't work. -sigh- thanks for the help though! Since the oven is working perfectly, I don't really need to worry as much as the cash register.
Although I want the cash register to work functionally (browsing and purchasing option does not work, when i clicked on it).. stupid sims action saying "I CAN'T WALK CAUSE SOMETHING IS BLOCKING"
T_T

Since I have a mac, perhaps this could be a issue for the fix? I don't know.

Hello again,

The fact that you're on a Mac doesn't have an influence, in my opinion. In-game stuff like that is the same in both Windows OS and Mac OS. That said, can you actually play on and see whether you have the "missing list" in other areas too ? 

For example, a common glitch used to be that the university schedule was missing; or even the list with the supermarket/grocery items when shopping. So can you see whether or not this bakery register is the only dysfunctional thing ? Smile

Also, try this here: in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, delete the following stuff:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folder "Thumbnails"

Re-start the game then. And repeat the process what I described before about deleting the register in buy-mode, and then buying a new one, hiring a salesclerk, and so on. 

//EDIT

Btw, congrats to your "promotion". Wink 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Aug 2014, 20:52

Hi there,

I checked and I do not have those glitch unfortunately. So only the register is not working properly. Hm, I did deleted those already, except the content of the folder "Thumbnails" . I'll try it out later, and add the result.

&& Thank you very much :]

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Tue 19 Aug 2014, 16:02

I checked and I do not have those glitch unfortunately. So only the register is not working properly. Hm, I did deleted those already, except the content of the folder "Thumbnails" . I'll try it out later, and add the result.

If you haven't done this already, I would drag and drop or copy and paste ALL mods onto your desktop, clear out the cache that Carlos suggested again, then attempt to run your game.

Also, if you have Master Controller (which you should, it's an amazing mod), go to Town View, select your Town Hall, select Master Controller>Town>'Reset Everything'.  This can free up any snags you may be getting.

The Sims Plumbob 1
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Aug 2014, 00:44

Sephymuffins wrote:

If you haven't done this already, I would drag and drop or copy and paste ALL mods onto your desktop, clear out the cache that Carlos suggested again, then attempt to run your game.

Also, if you have Master Controller (which you should, it's an amazing mod), go to Town View, select your Town Hall, select Master Controller>Town>'Reset Everything'.  This can free up any snags you may be getting.

The Sims Plumbob 1

Wahh, I recently tried everything and same result. Oh well.
Thank you for all the help. this is hopeless for me haha.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 21 Aug 2014, 19:22

intropella wrote:

Wahh, I recently tried everything and same result. Oh well.
Thank you for all the help. this is hopeless for me haha.

OK, there is something else that just came to my mind. If you want, try uploading your savefile (with that glitch) to sites like MediaFire or MEGA. Then post the link here. I would then try to "clean" that savefile and re-upload it.

Or, if you have access to a computer with Windows OS, transfer your savefile there, and download + apply this tool here, in Lady Eldi's opening post. 

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t9396-ts3-save-files-cleaner

Instructions are included. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Aug 2014, 08:00

I can do it on my own, I use Parallel on my mac when I need to use window program.  Haha
Oh, can you tell me please where the savefile is located? Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 22 Aug 2014, 09:25

intropella wrote:I can do it on my own, I use Parallel on my mac when I need to use window program.  Haha
Oh, can you tell me please where the savefile is located? Thank you.

The latest version of that savecleaner will already show you all available savefiles; you don't have to navigate anymore, like in older versions. Anyhow, double-click on the Save_Cleaner.exe and then in the next window, choose your save, and mark it by left-clicking on it. If you have several savefiles, you might need to scroll down a bit. It should be straightforward though...you will have a picture (or not) on the left part of the savecleaner UI, and below it says "Save name:...."

After you clicked on your save, click on the button named "clean". Wait a little while until you get some sort of "success"-message. Then you're good to re-start the game !

Notes:

1) make a BACKUP of your saves, before applying the procedure ! Just go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and copy the folder "Saves". Then PASTE the folder somewhere. This copied folder will be your backup in case anything goes wrong.

2) You need to have .NET framework 4.0 or later installed to make this work properly. If you're unsure about that, check Windows updates; it should show up there too. Or just google for that ".NET framework".
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top