Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 No town list after everything

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 No town list after everything Empty Sims 3 No town list after everything

Post by Guest Tue 02 Sep 2014, 13:57

Hi, 
i've followed the ultimate fix instructions accurately first i encounter with a no disc issue but that was solved. Now my the issue is, i have no towns to select from not only that even the three dots at the lower corner of the town selection list have no options. PLEASE HELP ME! i have redo the ultimate fix steps more then twice. i've downloaded the manual patch and i've copied the #crack from the ultimate fix to the base game bin. i really don't know what else to do now Sad

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 No town list after everything Empty Re: Sims 3 No town list after everything

Post by Guest Tue 02 Sep 2014, 14:04

Hi there and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Smile

Regarding your issue, your should check out this post, and follow the instructions carefully:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t859-the-sims-3-text-balloons-not-showing-missing-fix

This should fix your problems.
Good luck and let us know how it goes!  Wink

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 No town list after everything Empty Re: Sims 3 No town list after everything

Post by Guest Tue 02 Sep 2014, 14:42

hi it seems that i don't have the 'sims' folder under the software folder. what should i do?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Sep 2014, 14:52

arifrashed wrote:hi it seems that i don't have the 'sims' folder under the software folder. what should i do?

Did you already check in the alternative path? Please check if you can find it in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Wow6432Node > Sims > The Sims 3
Make sure it's exactly this path. 

If you do find it, you can continue with the steps in the link above. 
Report back if you have any problems! Good luck! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Sep 2014, 16:12

i didn't realize there was alternative path. i've done the steps above mentioned, though the locale is already set to en-US. and i tried playing the game and it is still the same.....Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Sep 2014, 17:44

I'm sorry, but did you make sure to download at least one of the expansion packs necessary for the game to work properly? You can check them here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Also, be sure to re-download the latest Ultimate Fix, as an outdated crack may cause problems. Please follow the instructions of the link again, carefully, and report back on how it goes. 

Good luck! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Sep 2014, 23:08

I would suggest moving your sims 3 folder from My Documents to your desktop and restarting the game. If this does not correct the game and you have the ultimate fix installed correctly then there might be a different issue. You could also try uninstalling the BASE GAME and reinstalling it. Then reapplying the Ultimate Fix (after redownloading it of course!)

If none of these options work please let us know.

https://www.facebook.com/110924105707074/photos/a.150507375082080.31826.110924105707074/408651692600979/?type=1&permPage=1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Sep 2014, 06:41

okay so this is what i did from the start.
1) download all the expansion and stuff packs i want i didn't apply the #crack from the individual expansion. the #crack i used was only from the ultimate fix. when i was downloading them i also updated the sims with the manual patch.
2) i applied the ultimate fix( updated 25-01-2014) i followed every instruction accurately. after which when i tried playing the game, there no disc error for into the future showed up. so i used the crack from into the future torrent and past it in the sims3 bin which worked. but still no town listed.
so now the question is, did i miss any steps? am i suppose to re-download a new manual patch and re-apply it? oh and u just installed the high end lot and now i have the no disc error again and i doubt that the no town listed problem is solved.... HELP PLEASE.  Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Sep 2014, 14:56

You will need to apply the #Crack file from the Ultimate Fix. This will correct the no disc issue as well at the no town/blank game menu. The problem is caused by an outdated crack. If your launcher does not say version 1.67 then please redownload the manual patch and run it. This should correct the issue. You will not need to redownload the ultimate fix because you already have the current update. I am sorry that you are having such a peristant issue. If possible I am sure one of our helpers can assist you using team viewer in which we can actually fix it ourselves. (Its a nifty program) I would be more then happy to assist you that way myself if you notice I am online PM me and I will help you the best I can.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Sep 2014, 15:07

arifrashed wrote:okay so this is what i did from the start.
1) download all the expansion and stuff packs i want i didn't apply the #crack from the individual expansion. the #crack i used was only from the ultimate fix. when i was downloading them i also updated the sims with the manual patch.
2) i applied the ultimate fix( updated 25-01-2014) i followed every instruction accurately. after which when i tried playing the game, there no disc error for into the future showed up. so i used the crack from into the future torrent and past it in the sims3 bin which worked. but still no town listed.
so now the question is, did i miss any steps? am i suppose to re-download a new manual patch and re-apply it? oh and u just installed the high end lot and now i have the no disc error again and i doubt that the no town listed problem is solved.... HELP PLEASE.  Sad

If you applied the #Crack from the Into the Future torrent after applying the Ultimate Fix, yeah, you should apply the Fix again. I recommend that you also check what LoriliHime said and see if your current version is 1.67. If it's not, then you should re-download and re-apply the Latest Patch before doing the same with the Ultimate Fix.

So, please redo Steps #2-4 from the following link:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly and let us know if this fixed your issue!

Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Sep 2014, 03:50

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS! i copy paste the #crack folder and now it works! i have my towns and i the no disc problem is gone. strange that it didn't work the first time even though i've pasted the #crack folder. so if i were to install other stuff packs or expansion pack am i suppose to do the same thing again? by that i mean paste the #crack folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Sep 2014, 03:56

arifrashed wrote:OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS! i copy paste the #crack folder and now it works! i have my towns and i the no disc problem is gone. strange that it didn't work the first time even though i've pasted the #crack folder. so if i were to install other stuff packs or expansion pack am i suppose to do the same thing again? by that i mean paste the #crack folder.

Yes, you should install them and then apply the #Crack again (after installing them all). If you follow the instructions from this link again you shouldn't have any more problems:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Good luck and if you have any more issues don't doubt to ask them here!  Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Thu 04 Sep 2014, 03:58

arifrashed wrote:OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS! i copy paste the #crack folder and now it works! i have my towns and i the no disc problem is gone. strange that it didn't work the first time even though i've pasted the #crack folder. so if i were to install other stuff packs or expansion pack am i suppose to do the same thing again? by that i mean paste the #crack folder.

From my experience, if you have already applied the manual patch and the Ultimate Fix correctly and the game works perfectly, you do not need to repeat the steps after installing other expansions. But in case of emergencies and glitches, you can do the steps again.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Sep 2014, 05:51

Once you install the Ultimate Fix correctly then you usually wont have to reapply it just because you installed another expansion. I suggest keeping the Ultimate Fix on your computer in case the game goes whacko again after doing another expansion. We do inform when there is an update available but I don't believe there will be anymore for the sims 3 since EA is going nuts over Sims 4 now. I am glad that your game is finally working properly!! Happy Simming!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Sep 2014, 20:07

Anything else we can help you with?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top