Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TS4: possible tips, tricks & fixes.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TS4: possible tips, tricks & fixes. Empty TS4: possible tips, tricks & fixes.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 18 Sep 2014, 21:59

Hello all Helpers, Very Happy

First of all, thank you for your contributions so far ! You're doing really great !

Alright, as you might have noticed maybe, people appear to be getting more and more impatient. If people keep asking on the forum "how long it's gonna take for G4TW..", then just say you don't know yet. 

I also thought I'd give you a small update (there isn't that much anyway, but yes Razz ): as for the "progress" on a potential release...the currently circulating "3DM"-cracks still require you to have an Origin account, and to go "offline" with it, before starting the game. As I mentioned elsewhere, not only do there seem to be stability issues still, but this whole thing with Origin is too much of a hassle to be considered a n00b-friendly G4TW download. Razz  But that's just my opinion, and we'll have to wait for another update on that by the Admin.

The next thing is this: the only way I see to update the game without the Origin client is to take the updated program files from TS4, in C:\Program files(x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4. And then copy + paste them over an "un-updated" game, replacing all existing folders/files. I know this is a huge hassle, but I don't see another way of getting updates into the game, without Origin. And EA probably won't be making manual "offline" patches anytime soon. That's all actually...I guess it's fair to assume though, that a stable (crack) release is not necessarily "near". Sad  

In the meantime though, I thought we could "slowly" start thinking about possible tips on Sims 4; at least some general technical stuff, and maybe even some in-game things. The first thing I'd propose would be a re-working of the "crash/freeze troubleshooting guide", here (I'll just start posting geek )

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014

The first thing, no. 1, about renaming the folder The Sims 4 (in My Documents/Electronic Arts) is still valid, from what I've seen. Very Happy  

About no. 2, the DEP,...maybe we could elaborate more on that; in Windows Vista & 7, you can completely de-activate DEP in maybe 20 seconds. Razz  

In the start menu, type "cmd" in the bottom search mask where it says "search programs and files". After cmd.exe shows up at the top, just right-click on it and choose "run as Administrator". Then:

TS4: possible tips, tricks & fixes. Dep_111

Type bcdedit.exe/set nx AlwaysOff

This will completely de-activate the DEP on Windows Vista & 7. After that, re-boot the computer for the changes to take effect. No need to add all the .exe's manually anymore (in the screenshot, I mistyped it, initially  Facepalm  Razz ). However, in order to do this in Windows 8, you seemingly must make some changes in the BIOS, before you can type that command. Maybe another team member with Windows 8 can play around with that, later on ? (I don't have access "anymore" to a computer with Windows 8, and I'm not planning to re-install my Windows 7 Ultimate, or even re-organize my partitions). Otherwise we can just get back to that, sometime else. This command prompt though is definitely an alternative solution to the current manual additition of the .exe's to the DEP exceptions.

Another thing we could maybe discuss about is increasing the "virtual memory":

TS4: possible tips, tricks & fixes. Screen56

In System Control Panel -> System and Security -> System, go to Advanced System Settings on the right, and in the following window that comes up, go to the "Advanced"-tab. Under "Performance", click the settings-button.

TS4: possible tips, tricks & fixes. Screen57

Go to the "Advanced"-tab and under Virtual memory, click the Change-button".

TS4: possible tips, tricks & fixes. Screen58

Mark the C: drive there, and then mark "custom size". There, increase the size in both "Initial/Maximum size". In my case, I put the same amount in both Initial/Maximum. It also depends on how much free space you have of course, you don't have to assign the same sizes as me. Razz  But this thing can also help prevent crashes in general. Again, re-boot the computer for the changes to take effect.

About no. 3, the "4 GB patch", according to my information, the TS4.exe in C:\Program files(x86)\Origin games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin is still a 32-bit executable, which means that the 4 GB patch would still be necessary. But feel free to correct me anyone, in case I'm wrong. That's it for the technical side - for now. 

Maybe we can add more stuff together here, over time. Very Happy  Thanks for reading this, and see you all later ! 

P.S. no need to "rush" here, but at least we can slowly start thinking about stuff. Razz  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

TS4: possible tips, tricks & fixes. Empty Re: TS4: possible tips, tricks & fixes.

Post by Guest Thu 18 Sep 2014, 22:16

Wow, this is great! Thanks, Carlos. Smile

One question. Does this mean that we can start to try to help some people with their crashes, if they make a post about it? Of course, not rushing anything, but maybe giving some suggestions taking this post as a guide. Or should we better hold off to that as of right now? 

I ask because some posts like that appear every now and then in the TS4 chit-chat forum (even though posts like those are not allowed there). Or should we ignore those topics?

Back to top Go down

TS4: possible tips, tricks & fixes. Empty Re: TS4: possible tips, tricks & fixes.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 18 Sep 2014, 22:28

SeoY wrote:Wow, this is great! Thanks, Carlos. Smile

One question. Does this mean that we can start to try to help some people with their crashes, if they make a post about it? Of course, not rushing anything, but maybe giving some suggestions taking this post as a guide. Or should we better hold off to that as of right now? 

I ask because some posts like that appear every now and then in the TS4 chit-chat forum (even though posts like those are not allowed there). Or should we ignore those topics?

Hello SeoY,

If you really want, and if you are really bored, then yes. Razz  The thing is this though: 

Not all team members (me including) approve of the idea of giving support on releases from other uploaders. If you reply to the posts, you will basically be giving support on another person's release (3DM). Personally, I'll try and give at least some very general tips, but in the end, I just tell the user(s) they should consult other sources. Or the source they got their stuff from. Btw, this is covered by the "Code of Conduct" too: there is no obligation for us to respond to any specific posts.

Personally, I don't see why I should do the clean-up for the messes of other uploaders. But other team members may think differently about it. If you want, go ahead, but if you have any objections in that direction, then you can also refrain from answering such posts !

The reason these other Sims 4 sections are still closed is exactly because G4TW hasn't released it yet.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Sep 2014, 22:41

Carlos wrote:
Hello SeoY,

If you really want, and if you are really bored, then yes. Razz  The thing is this though: 

Not all team members (me including) approve of the idea of giving support on releases from other uploaders. If you reply to the posts, you will basically be giving support on another person's release (3DM). Personally, I'll try and give at least some very general tips, but in the end, I just tell the user(s) they should consult other sources. Or the source they got their stuff from. Btw, this is covered by the "Code of Conduct" too: there is no obligation for us to respond to any specific posts.

Personally, I don't see why I should do the clean-up for the messes of other uploaders. But other team members may think differently about it. If you want, go ahead, but if you have any objections in that direction, then you can also refrain from answering such posts !

The reason these other Sims 4 sections are still closed is exactly because G4TW hasn't released it yet.

Yes, I agree that it's hard and not practical to give support for not-G4TW downloads. And I'm not planning to do that, specifically. I'm not *that* bored. Very Happy

But these tips seem more like 'general' ones, that may even help for crashes in a bought TS4 copy. So, I don't see it as cleaning other uploaders' messes, more like a help to the user.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 18 Sep 2014, 23:00

SeoY wrote:
Yes, I agree that it's hard and not practical to give support for not-G4TW downloads. And I'm not planning to do that, specifically. I'm not *that* bored. Very Happy

But these tips seem more like 'general' ones, that may even help for crashes in a bought TS4 copy. So, I don't see it as cleaning other uploaders' messes, more like a help to the user.

As for the currently circulating 3DM cracks,...I have the above settings applied on my desktop machine for many years now. Plus, my hardware is more than capable of running the game. And I still get random crashes with that pirated game. So yes, the current crashing issues are - at least partially - due to these unstable 3DM cracks.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Sep 2014, 23:07

Carlos wrote:
As for the currently circulating 3DM cracks,...I have the above settings applied on my desktop machine for many years now. Plus, my hardware is more than capable of running the game. And I still get random crashes with that pirated game. So yes, the current crashing issues are - at least partially - due to these unstable 3DM cracks.

Ah, I see. I didn't know that. I'll keep that in mind, then. Thanks Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 19 Sep 2014, 19:09

Hi Carlos,

Thank you, looks good!
Yes, I think I considered the "Turning DEP off completely" in the past too, but then I thought to myself: there's probably a reason that it's there, and people might not want to turn it off for everything.
Either way, I'll probably make a video for that one too and then let them decide themselves. Would that be a better idea? (And then keep both possible solutions)

By the way, about the 4GB patch; when you open The Sims 4 and then check its service in the Task Manager, does it have the *32?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 19 Sep 2014, 19:21

Admin wrote:Hi Carlos,

Thank you, looks good!
Yes, I think I considered the "Turning DEP off completely" in the past too, but then I thought to myself: there's probably a reason that it's there, and people might not want to turn it off for everything.
Either way, I'll probably make a video for that one too and then let them decide themselves. Would that be a better idea? (And then keep both possible solutions)

By the way, about the 4GB patch; when you open The Sims 4 and then check its service in the Task Manager, does it have the *32?

Yes, TS4 is definitely a 32-bit application:

TS4: possible tips, tricks & fixes. Screen59

About the DEP, I thought we could maybe present the complete de-activation as an "alternative" solution, alongside the current classic way of manually adding all the .exe's. Very Happy  From what I've seen so far, the advantages of the complete de-activation overweigh; there can - of course - be problems in some cases, that can usually be remedied by running the .exe in a compatibility mode for an earlier Windows OS, though.

Another small update: I now un-installed my pirated Sims 4 and installed a legit Sims 4 base game that I got as a gift. Now guess what ? That LEGIT game dared to "CTD" (crash-to-desktop) on me. How can it do that...?! Mad  Razz  There seem a few things that are wrong with the game. 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 19 Sep 2014, 19:22

Thank you for the confirmation and for the information about the buggy game! Razz
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 19 Sep 2014, 23:40

Two smaller tips now:

1) "Adding languages to the game and changing the display language in The Sims 4"

After looking a bit at the files in the install location and some testing, here's this: Very Happy  in order to add languages to the game, it's necessary to add a few files to the install location of the game. Download this here:

http://goo.gl/vsVFcF

Open the .RAR and extract the contents. Copy the two folders to the install location of "The Sims 4", typically C:\Program files(x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4. Paste the two folders into that "The Sims 4"-folder. When prompted if you want to "merge this folder with the existing one", please choose YES for all folders. If prompted to replace any existing files, choose "copy and replace", for all files.

Then, go to the registry by pressing the Windows key + R. Type in regedit and hit enter. If you have a 64-bit Windows, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Wow6432Node -> Maxis -> The Sims 4

TS4: possible tips, tricks & fixes. Screen62

Click on The Sims 4, and on the right, double-click on "Locale". Change the value into the appropriate settings (see the names of the languages in the download's Data -> Client sub-folder).

Feel free to test this, anybody, but this should work. Very Happy  At least it does for me. P.S. I assume the location in 32-bit systems is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Maxis -> The Sims 4, but feel free to correct me, anyone, on that in case it's wrong.

2) Adding sims saved to the "library" in the Sims 4 CAS demo to the main game:

Navigate to the location My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4 Create A Sim Demo/Tray. Copy all contents of the folder "Tray". 

Navigate to the location
My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Tray. PASTE the copied files there. If prompted (shouldn't happen though, since you're pasting completely FRESH files), choose "copy and replace" for all files.

That's it - have fun ! Very Happy

If "approved", I'll put them into the Sims 4 tips & tricks section. Both of these work for me, though, but feel free to add stuff or correct me on anything, if you notice a mistake. 

//EDIT

Since it's (probably) fair to say that a G4TW release of The Sims 4 might be coming very soon already, this topic should be resurrected again.

For now, please take note of the following fix, that worked for me at least (there might be more solutions to this issue though):

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18073-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-start-up-possible-fix-1

See you around ! TS4: possible tips, tricks & fixes. Icon_biggrin 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top