Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 (Island Paradise) [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 (Island Paradise) [SOLVED] Empty The Sims 3 (Island Paradise) [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 22 Sep 2014, 17:51

The Sims 3 (Island Paradise) [SOLVED] <a href=The Sims 3 (Island Paradise) [SOLVED] Screen10" />
Hi, 

I've recently uninstalled the pets expansion pack (because for some reason my laptop didn't like it, not to mention the expansion pack was a little disappointing anyway, but that's beside the point, sorry!) and now, when I start up Island Paradise, it loads up to the game but I get a black screen when it does load up...I can hear the in game background music/sounds but it's just a black screen. 
Do I need to apply the ultimate fix and update again? Just want to check before I waste my time doing anything.

Thank you.

UPDATE

Ok, so since my first post I'm no longer getting the black screen issue, I am however experiencing a different problem.
When I apply the ultimate fix, the game loads through the main page but on the page where you start a new game/continue your game, it's all blank, there aren't any options to click on and when I click on the drop down menu, it's all blank. Help Sad And just to add to that, I had to restart my laptop for reasons unrelated to The Sims, but now it's asking me to insert the Island Paradise disc again? So, when I apply the ultimate crack I get either a prompt to insert a disc, or the blank options problem. What can I do?

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 (Island Paradise) [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 3 (Island Paradise) [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 22 Sep 2014, 19:28

Hi again! Smile

May I ask how you uninstalled Pets? Did you do a clean uninstallation (manually, or with a program)?

And after uninstalling it, you should have restarted the PC. It seems that you did it but for unrelated reasons. So, have you tried applying both the Manual Patch and Ultimate Fix again after restarting the computer?

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 (Island Paradise) [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 3 (Island Paradise) [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 22 Sep 2014, 19:30

Hi, sorry it's me again LOL >.<
I uninstalled it through the control panel, I also restarted the laptop after uninstalling the pets expansion pack also and yes, tried both of those, still having the same problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Sep 2014, 19:39

I'll just try your suggestion now, Shamrock, I'll let you know if it helps.

UPDATE

Ok, so that didn't solve the problem, I'm still getting the same problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Sep 2014, 19:43

ClownsAndChaos wrote:I'll just try your suggestion now, Shamrock, I'll let you know if it helps.

UPDATE

Ok, so that didn't solve the problem, I'm still getting the same problem.

Well, that problem is usually caused by outdated cracks. Did you make sure to re-download the Ultimate Fix, and that you need to apply it to the Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin folder, as you have an Origin base game?

Oh, and the uninstallation of Pets you did may have left registry keys of that expansion pack behind. I'm not sure if those could cause this problem, but it's a possibility. Please, take a look at this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyKMnpKHGg8

Try the instructions in there and let us know how it goes. Good luck! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Sep 2014, 19:46

Could you link me to the ultimate fix so I know I'm downloading the right thing? 
I always apply it to the origin folder now, that's not a mistake I'll be making again. :')

So I need to delete the ultimate fix I already downloaded and download it again?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Sep 2014, 19:49

ClownsAndChaos wrote:Could you link me to the ultimate fix so I know I'm downloading the right thing? 
I always apply it to the origin folder now, that's not a mistake I'll be making again. :')

So I need to delete the ultimate fix I already downloaded and download it again?

Sure thing! Here it is:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

Be sure to download the one that says (PC), and *WORKING*. Well, it can never hurt to re-download the Ultimate Fix to make sure that you have the latest and most updated one. Be sure to also try removing the registry key for Pets (or any expansion pack you don't have) to check if it can help. Keep us updated, please. Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Sep 2014, 19:50

Thank you, much appreciated.
I checked the video out and followed the instructions on that, there's nothing showing up like the pets expansion or anything, so that must mean it's been completely uninstalled, right? I'll just try the ultimate fix again and I'll be back shortly to let you know the situation. Smile

OK

So I've managed to get through to the main game, however, I'm back to having a black screen with background music/in game sound. What could be causing that?

EDIT - 

Hi again, sorry I couldn't stay online last night to continue solving this, I'm back now so I'm hoping we can get this sorted?
I tried starting a new game on Island Paradise and the game seems to be working fine, so I'm assuming the other save file somehow got corrupted? I'm not sure what happened or what caused it, but I'm guessing it could happen again if it's happened before? I'm not sure if I should start a new game and see what happens, or wait and see what else we can do to solve the original problem, assuming it still exists? Sorry if I'm not making much sense, I've only been awake for about half an hour.  Oh my...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Sep 2014, 13:56

ClownsAndChaos wrote:Thank you, much appreciated.
I checked the video out and followed the instructions on that, there's nothing showing up like the pets expansion or anything, so that must mean it's been completely uninstalled, right? I'll just try the ultimate fix again and I'll be back shortly to let you know the situation. Smile

OK

So I've managed to get through to the main game, however, I'm back to having a black screen with background music/in game sound. What could be causing that?

EDIT - 

Hi again, sorry I couldn't stay online last night to continue solving this, I'm back now so I'm hoping we can get this sorted?
I tried starting a new game on Island Paradise and the game seems to be working fine, so I'm assuming the other save file somehow got corrupted? I'm not sure what happened or what caused it, but I'm guessing it could happen again if it's happened before? I'm not sure if I should start a new game and see what happens, or wait and see what else we can do to solve the original problem, assuming it still exists? Sorry if I'm not making much sense, I've only been awake for about half an hour.  Oh my...

Hi again! Smile

Yes, if the game works properly with a new save the old one could be corrupt. Please, take a look at this post:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t14129-tips-for-saving-your-corrupted-saves-including-error-12

As I don't know what caused that, I can't tell if it will happen again or not. Maybe someone could make this clearer. As for now, if a new save works properly you can play there if you want. If you still want your old save, you can try the suggestions of the post.

Please, tell us if the problem is solved. Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Sep 2014, 14:06

It's ok, I decided to start a new game and delete the other one, hopefully I won't have any other problems now. Thanks for the help. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Sep 2014, 20:50

ClownsAndChaos wrote:It's ok, I decided to start a new game and delete the other one, hopefully I won't have any other problems now. Thanks for the help. Smile

Well, if you ever have any other problems, don't doubt to open a new topic about it. I'll close this one for now, as it seems the problem is solved. Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 25 Sep 2014, 23:52

ClownsAndChaos wrote:It's ok, I decided to start a new game and delete the other one, hopefully I won't have any other problems now. Thanks for the help. Smile

//MOVED

Just to add something else to this: for the future, please, try and keep all your issues (especially when they are the same) in ONE topic only. I think this is at least your second (or even third) topic on the same issue, namely these "blank menu screens". Instead of opening up new threads, please contact one of the "Sims Helpers" or "Moderators" to re-open this thread here. Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top