Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where do i save downloaded expansion torrents for SIMS 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Where do i save downloaded expansion torrents for SIMS 3 Empty Where do i save downloaded expansion torrents for SIMS 3

Post by Guest Tue 16 Aug 2011, 01:44

As simple as this may be, I really don't know where to save the torrents I downloaded for the SIMS 3.
I already have the retail version but I wanted the expansions, Ive downloaded the Sims 3 guide thingy from the sit and ive dragged the files and all that stuff into the bin. Bearing in mind i dont know the correct place for me to save the torrents, i click on the apps after i move them and after the dialog box that tells me its not proper etc and tells me to either continue or quit - i continue just for it to say : Service initialization failed (0x039e8474).

I have cleaned my registry keys with a software i have, i have updated my windows fully and im reinstalling the game as we speak.

its really unclear as what to do with those torrents and where to put them - i think that may be the problem i p

also i cant see any updates in the sims launcher for the game like the instructions said i would (my sims 3 is the latest version) ANDDDDDDDDD to top this ALL off, i cant see the expansion packs showing in the little icons at the bottom of the launcher - only my sims 3 base.

¬¬

Back to top Go down

Where do i save downloaded expansion torrents for SIMS 3 Empty Re: Where do i save downloaded expansion torrents for SIMS 3

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 16 Aug 2011, 09:34

Hello,
I may start stating the obvious but I'd like to be as clear as possible.
It seems to me like the expansions haven't been installed. Torrent files are used in a bittorrent client to download the actual file, which is then saved to a specified folder (default destination would be my document/downloads or you may have a folder on your desktop called "downloads")
When those files have been downloaded, you extract them (using only winrar) and after that, just run setup and if your base game was installed to the default directory, you can do the same with the expansionpacks.
It is only after you're done installing everything that you apply the fix.
If your base game is up to date (1.24) you don't have to do much except copy the crack to the appropriate place.
An exact guide to correctly install The Sims 3 can be found on the front page, the link in my signature will also take you there.
Please let us know if you run into any problems along the way.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)