Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is best backup software program?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What is best backup software program? - Page 2 Empty What is best backup software program?

Post by Guest Mon 29 Sep 2014, 12:05

First topic message reminder :

hi there

previously I had installed my windows. I copy all of my important data and program to my external harddisk.

after I done reinstalling my windows. . i cut and paste my external harddisk files to my computer. Im asked to merge folder,because some folder have same name. I choose yes,because I want files under same folder would keep there just like old days

but what I get is so shocking.because I cut the files,all files and the folders on external harddisk is lost.this is usual,but the problem,at my computer, I lost all files and folder.

for example,folder movie,contain 8 movie from external harddisk and 1 that already there on internal harddisk (because I cut and paste few days after I reinstall windows, so there are some download folder created) .now The movie folder is empty

all other merged folder now empty

so I suddenly lost all my files and folders

I dont wanna do this manual things anymore.what best backup program I could use?
thanks a  lot

Back to top Go down

What is best backup software program? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is best backup software program?

Post by Guest Tue 21 Oct 2014, 15:59

I have no idea how to bring my cmd to that folder.I only know how to go on d drive. but I dont know how to bring cmd to D:\Downloads\Torrent\GoodSync Enterprise 9.9.7.7

Back to top Go down

What is best backup software program? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is best backup software program?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 23 Oct 2014, 10:53

adsuperjenius wrote:I have no idea how to bring my cmd to that folder.I only know how to go on d drive. but I dont know how to bring cmd to D:\Downloads\Torrent\GoodSync Enterprise 9.9.7.7

I'm afraid I can't really help with this particular piece of software, but in all honesty:

Wouldn't it be MUCH quicker and easier (as I said somewhere at the beginning) if you simply copy all your important stuff (files, installer programs, etc.) to an external hard-drive or something ? And then once you actually re-install Windows, just start over with re-installing the stuff.

Personally, I never liked this kind of software. If you know what you're doing it might be great, but other than that, I guess it's better to do it the "classical" way, of copying the stuff to an external drive, and then re-installing one-by-one.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Thu 23 Oct 2014, 17:10

adsuperjenius wrote:I have no idea how to bring my cmd to that folder.I only know how to go on d drive. but I dont know how to bring cmd to D:\Downloads\Torrent\GoodSync Enterprise 9.9.7.7
Hello! To bring your cmd to another drive you just need to type, for drive D, as an example (just change the letter whenever you need to open another drive/letter).

Code:
D:

Then, you want to pick the desired directory...

Code:
CD\Downloads\Torrent\GoodSync Enterprise 9.9.7.7

That's it! Let us know if everything worked as you desired...
Tea 1
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top