Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 - Into the Future 'Setup needs the next disk' [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 - Into the Future 'Setup needs the next disk' [SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 - Into the Future 'Setup needs the next disk' [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 27 Oct 2014, 20:29

Hi there.
I have downloaded most of the EPs for the Sims 3. I can play them all fine and they seemed to have installed just fine.
I then downloaded Into the Future and attempted to install using the update with it but I'm just getting this message [see attached image]

Then I couldn't get onto the game itself after giving up.
I ran the ultimate fix and the update to 1.67 or whatever which sorted me being unable to play.

Still I would really like to get Into the Future working as a lot of people say its the best EP!

Yes I am using the G4TW version of ITF.
Any help is appreciated! Help

//EDIT

Sims 3 - Into the Future 'Setup needs the next disk' [SOLVED] Untitl12

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 - Into the Future 'Setup needs the next disk' [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 - Into the Future 'Setup needs the next disk' [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 27 Oct 2014, 20:46

Hi there, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Very Happy

Did you make sure to extract the RAR file you got from the torrent with WinRAR? If you used a different program the files could have been damaged. 

Please, try extracting the RAR again and do it with WinRAR.  Keep us updated on how it goes. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 - Into the Future 'Setup needs the next disk' [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 - Into the Future 'Setup needs the next disk' [SOLVED]

Post by Sim Architect Mon 27 Oct 2014, 21:04

SeoY wrote:Hi there, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Very Happy

Did you make sure to extract the RAR file you got from the torrent with WinRAR? If you used a different program the files could have been damaged. 

Please, try extracting the RAR again and do it with WinRAR.  Keep us updated on how it goes. Good luck!
What he said. Let us know if you got it working. Another option is to use an iso file with a virtual disk emulator like PowerISO.
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Oct 2014, 21:12

Okay so I tried unpacking the .rar again. (Used winrar both times)
Strangely it installed fine this time.
Got to the main menu and I'm faced with blank menus. No town to choose. No sight of my previous households. No options menu to see.
Get past one problem and onto another eh... Why.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Oct 2014, 21:17

Scottiano747 wrote:Okay so I tried unpacking the .rar again. (Used winrar both times)
Strangely it installed fine this time.
Got to the main menu and I'm faced with blank menus. No town to choose. No sight of my previous households. No options menu to see.
Get past one problem and onto another eh... Why.

I see. Did you make sure to redownload the Ultimate Fix? This is usually caused by outdated cracks. Please, do the steps 2-4 from this guide again:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Specially the part about downloading the Ultimate Fix again and let us know how it goes. Good luck! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Oct 2014, 21:38

Applied the fix. Ran it. Works. Thanks very much guys (and I mean that in the gender neutral sense).

Have a great day!
cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Mon 27 Oct 2014, 21:52

Great to know your problem was fixed! Topic closed, SeoY?
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Oct 2014, 21:53

Scottiano747 wrote:Applied the fix. Ran it. Works. Thanks very much guys (and I mean that in the gender neutral sense).

Have a great day!
cheers

You're very welcome! You too have a great day! Very Happy

SvenT wrote:Great to know your problem was fixed! Topic closed, SeoY?

Sure thing. Razz
Problem solved, topic closed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top