Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Question Empty Question

Post by Guest Sun 02 Nov 2014, 18:39

Hi,

Trying to apply the ultimate fix on my sims 3 mac edition. 

The fix says to copy/paste the fixes and I manage to do that just fine up until it gets to the 'into the future' and lists all the other ep/sp. It says to go to applications/thesims3 and i've to right click and select 'show original' but I can't find that option.

Please help?

Back to top Go down

Question Empty Re: Question

Post by Phoebe Mon 03 Nov 2014, 20:32

Hello SusieCC,

First of all, I need to remind you that not to open two topics at the same time. Sometimes it takes a while for mods and helpers to respond but we always respond every topic and seeing more than one topic makes us confused and it's against the forum rules.

Now about your question; there is no difference for mods folder between Mac and PC. Sims 3 documents folder works with the same way as it does in PC, so you should keep your Mods folder as you were doing with PC. But be careful with the CCs you are downloading because in Macs we don't have awesome programmes to keep our game clean from bad CCs. So it's a good idea to use only .package files and tagging them (name, the date you added) in case of an emergancy. With this way you don't need to remove every CC if you have a problem just to delete the recent ones to solve the problem.

And about the question about "Show Original", after right clicking on The Sims 3 icon, there will be an option named "Show Package Content" You need to choose it to acces to the place you need to do copy/paste.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Nov 2014, 04:26

It's been a long time since I've been around these parts, I figured because it was two separate issues, it warranted two separate threads. Obviously I was mistaken, and I'm sorry about that. I'll know in future. I fixed it anyway, it was a problem with the crack. I fixed it myself though. 
"S

//EDIT

I'm referring to the NO CD issue above. Also I wonder if you could help with this dilemma... whenever I install CC right now it says it's successful but then when I close the launcher it tells me that they aren't installed and I don't know what to do to fix it. My gaming laptop is in the repair centre and hopefully I'll get it back by Friday... fingers crossed!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Tue 04 Nov 2014, 18:37

It's okay, we all make mistakes Susie Smile

Your game should be up-to-date for installing some CCs. Also for store items, they need to be decrapfied before installing. Unfortunately, we Mac users can't decrapify the contents. All you can do is using decrapified items. Usually it is always indicated.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top