Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem with my folders at Windows 7

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problem with my folders at Windows 7 Empty Problem with my folders at Windows 7

Post by Guest Fri 19 Dec 2014, 17:52

Hello and Merry Christmas to everyone!!!
I have two serious problems with my PC.I have made many folders on C and D disk where I have everything (programs, photos, music, documents, games etc.).
Also I have downloaded from web many icons (png and ico) to customize my folders and shortcuts.
The first problem is that I can't customize my folders any more with these icons ( they don't showing them).I was used them at the past with no problem.
I checked the folders options and permissions and I finally managed to customized them with system's icon only!
At the system folders works fine.
The other problem is that I can't install programs or games if the setup is in my folder, it pops-up problems.
That's why I copy the setup at desktop, I install the program or game and the I delete the copy.
These problems are new, so I done a format to fix them but nothing happened.
Sorry about the big message!

Back to top Go down

Problem with my folders at Windows 7 Empty Re: Problem with my folders at Windows 7

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 19 Dec 2014, 18:27

xlomoprosopo wrote:Hello and Merry Christmas to everyone!!!
I have two serious problems with my PC.I have made many folders on C and D disk where I have everything (programs, photos, music, documents, games etc.).
Also I have downloaded from web many icons (png and ico) to customize my folders and shortcuts.
The first problem is that I can't customize my folders any more with these icons ( they don't showing them).I was used them at the past with no problem.
I checked the folders options and permissions and I finally managed to customized them with system's icon only!
At the system folders works fine.
The other problem is that I can't install programs or games if the setup is in my folder, it pops-up problems.
That's why I copy the setup at desktop, I install the program or game and the I delete the copy.
These problems are new, so I done a format to fix them but nothing happened.
Sorry about the big message!

Hello,

About the setup, the setup.exe should normally be in the same location (folder !) where the other installation files are. It usually doesn't matter whether that's on the desktop or elsewhere. What exactly is the error you are getting then ?

And you said you did a "format" ? What exactly do you mean - did you re-install Windows ? 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Problem with my folders at Windows 7 Empty Re: Problem with my folders at Windows 7

Post by Guest Fri 19 Dec 2014, 19:17

Yes, that format I mean.I know that it doesn't matter normally where is the setup and when I copy it at the desktop, I copy all the folder with all the files.
The errors are with the launcher or with the path location and others.
I hadn't these problems before.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 22 Dec 2014, 00:06

xlomoprosopo wrote:Yes, that format I mean.I know that it doesn't matter normally where is the setup and when I copy it at the desktop, I copy all the folder with all the files.
The errors are with the launcher or with the path location and others.
I hadn't these problems before.

Sorry, I'm afraid I can't really help you more here. You could try un-installing this stuff that you used for customizing your icons. But other than that, I'm unsure.

And you probably did NOT "format" your computer. If really nothing works, try getting hold of a Windows 7 DVD (available from Games4TheWorld too !), and then re-install Windows 7 on it. At first you must edit your BIOS settings at computer start up (usually, you must press F12 or DELETE before turning the computer on - then keep the key pressed until you get into the BIOS).

There, change the settings so that the computer will boot from your DVD drive. Insert your Windows  7 DVD into the drive, and then save the settings in the BIOS. The computer will re-boot, and start from the DVD, and the Windows 7 install menu should show up. Please, don't choose "repair" or something like that; just re-install Windows 7 properly and continue until the end.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top