Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get to Work: Empty Workplaces [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Get to Work: Empty Workplaces [SOLVED] Empty Get to Work: Empty Workplaces [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 03 Apr 2015, 09:22

Hi all!

I'm new to the forums, but I read all the threads I could find and I can't seem to find a solution to my problem. I downloaded Get to Work last night; no error messages popped up, Origin wasn't running, I even got the Get to Work title screen to pop up!

However, the problems start when I actually start my work day. The lots are empty. I tried the Doctor route first, and the first day no patients arrived, though the Assistant and Doctor were both present. I thought the lack of patients was some kind of orientation day freebie, so I tried again the second day. I got promoted to Orderly, but without any patients, my performance plummeted. Then I decided to try the Detective track, thinking that maybe I had to wait for people to get sick to do the Doctor's route properly. So I go to my first crime scene, and no one's there. The house I'm supposed to investigate is empty, no one's answering the door, and my supposed partner is AWOL.

I've checked my version (it's 1.5.etc), and the Ultimate Fix is still in 1.4 mode, so I'm not sure that'll be any help. I also tried re-installing the cracks from both here and another site, and still no dice. I'm not using any paid-for game versions, and everything else (Outdoor Retreat, base game stuff, etc.) works. CC is showing up, and items included in the Get to Work pack are in the catalog. I'm totally stumped here, and no one else on the net seems to have run into this weirdness.

Any thoughts?

Back to top Go down

Get to Work: Empty Workplaces [SOLVED] Empty Re: Get to Work: Empty Workplaces [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 03 Apr 2015, 10:12

hi maybe I can help you
you said that the ultimate fix is still 1.4 so that means that the files are in versions 1.4 and only your "sims 4.exe" is in 1.5 if its like that so if you downloaded the get to work reloaded release you need to install it without applying the ultimate fix because it steel in version 1.4 and this version doesn't work with this new pack (probably) or just downlod the G4TW release it contains the expansion pack and the new update too or you can wait until the ultimate fix get updated
for me it worked perfectly but for me I have many patients in the hospital

Back to top Go down

Get to Work: Empty Workplaces [SOLVED] Empty Re: Get to Work: Empty Workplaces [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 03 Apr 2015, 14:19

//MOVED

Hi there, @whiskeyii, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Very Happy

Do you have any Mods or CC installed in your game? They may be causing problems with the Lots in the new Expansion Pack, or may be outdated. Try removing them temporarily and test the game again, see if the problem persists. Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Apr 2015, 15:28

Well now I feel silly! It *was* my Mods folder! I'll have to go update them now, but thanks for the help! That fixed everything. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Apr 2015, 18:51

whiskeyii wrote:Well now I feel silly! It *was* my Mods folder! I'll have to go update them now, but thanks for the help! That fixed everything. Smile

Glad to hear that! Very Happy

Just for reference, here is a list of the Mods that until now have been discovered to cause problems with the latest patch:
http://modthesims.info/t/551495

See if you have any of those and remove it. You can also update us with the Mods that you found were causing problems, if you want of course. Otherwise, let us know so we can close the topic now. Have fun!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 Apr 2015, 04:24

Phew! Finally found some time to test out my mods, and sure enough, I had a handful of Dr. Chillgood mods from that list messing up my game. Everything works perfectly now, so I think it's safe to close the thread. Thanks for the help! IAmSoHappyEmergahwd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 Apr 2015, 04:43

whiskeyii wrote:Phew! Finally found some time to test out my mods, and sure enough, I had a handful of Dr. Chillgood mods from that list messing up my game. Everything works perfectly now, so I think it's safe to close the thread. Thanks for the help! IAmSoHappyEmergahwd

OK then. Thanks for letting us know!

Problem solved, topic closed. Have fun!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top