Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 installation folder

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 installation folder Empty Sims 4 installation folder

Post by Guest Sun 05 Apr 2015, 18:56

I have a problem, when my friend installed windows on my pc, he didnt balanced memory on C and D so I have little space on C mostly filled with my system files, and when I try to install sims 4, and change installation folder to D I get the error I dont have free space on my C disk, even if I changed it to install on D so I cant get to install Sims because I lack space on C... Any solutions?

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 installation folder Empty Re: Sims 4 installation folder

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 05 Apr 2015, 19:02

Lopata98 wrote:I have a problem, when my friend installed windows on my pc, he didnt balanced memory on C and D so I have little space on C mostly filled with my system files, and when I try to install sims 4, and change installation folder to D I get the error I dont have free space on my C disk, even if I changed it to install on D so I cant get to install Sims because I lack space on C... Any solutions?

//MOVED

Hello and welcome to the forum,

Please see this guide here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19572-how-to-move-the-sims-4-to-another-partition-after-installation-fix

You can move the install folder, but at first, you really need to install it on the C: drive. I suggest you free up some space on C: then. Good luck for now !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Apr 2015, 19:11

Well I cant free it as I stated above my system is filling the whole space Sad sad to hear I cant play it...

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 10 Apr 2015, 16:09

Lopata98 wrote:Well I cant free it as I stated above my system is filling the whole space Sad sad to hear I cant play it...

Sorry for the late reply,

And I'm sorry to hear about that too. Sad  If possible for you, try borrowing an external drive from someone, or buy some cheap DVDs. And on the borrowed hard-drive or the DVDs, try putting some of the data on your C: drive ! After you copied/burned the stuff, delete the original files on the C: drive, to free up some space.

That's all I can say. I will leave the thread open though, so that you can post back anytime. Good luck again ! Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top