Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cannot get GTW or OR to work - No Sims 4 w/o Origin

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cannot get GTW or OR to work - No Sims 4 w/o Origin Empty Cannot get GTW or OR to work - No Sims 4 w/o Origin

Post by Guest Sun 05 Apr 2015, 20:49

I have tried absolutely everything listed on this site and nothing has helped at all. It keeps telling me I need origin. I used to have a Sims 4 torrent that needed origin.

Back to top Go down

Cannot get GTW or OR to work - No Sims 4 w/o Origin Empty Re: Cannot get GTW or OR to work - No Sims 4 w/o Origin

Post by Guest Sun 05 Apr 2015, 20:55

the same problem Sad it also needs code

Back to top Go down

Cannot get GTW or OR to work - No Sims 4 w/o Origin Empty Re: Cannot get GTW or OR to work - No Sims 4 w/o Origin

Post by Guest Sun 05 Apr 2015, 21:24

what kind of code?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 Apr 2015, 21:31

I have the same problem. I have allowed everything through my firewalls and antivirus, and closed Origin out using Task Manager. I launch the game and it opens, and abruptly closes saying "Unable to Start:
Origin is currently not running. Please make sure that Origin is running before attempting to play The Sims 4"

The game itself launches and plays with origin is open, but its just the base game like that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 Apr 2015, 21:35

It says that I need a code to start the game after I downloaded origin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 Apr 2015, 21:43

I got the origin is not running msg, even when I installed it w my virus protection off. when I uninstalled web companion, my game worked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 Apr 2015, 21:51

I'm going to try uninstalling Web Companion.

//EDIT

I can confirm that my problem was Web Companion! Please uninstall it if you wish to alleviate the problem, as there are no exception settings.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 Apr 2015, 22:41

So you fixed your problem Pagan?

//EDIT

what is web companion?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 Apr 2015, 22:50

Web Companion is an antivirus software, yes I am playing now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 Apr 2015, 23:22

I don't have web companion, but I keep getting the Origin error too Sad
And with Origin, none of the DLCs appear. Sigh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 Apr 2015, 23:27

Same here Charaebelle. Im still trying stuff I will keep updated

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 Apr 2015, 23:56

Me too, I really want to play Get to work Expansion pack, but Origin keeps popping up and says i need origin to play. Can someone pls find a solution?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Apr 2015, 00:00

maybe if I open up a new user account on my OS I can try there

//EDIT

ok that was not a solution. Im still trying things.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 10 Apr 2015, 15:36

ILvSims wrote:maybe if I open up a new user account on my OS I can try there

//EDIT

ok that was not a solution. Im still trying things.

Hello and sorry for the very late reply,

Did you un-install your previous Sims 4 game ? The one that needed Origin to run... ? Please, you MUST un-install it properly, and then install our base game of TS4, from this site:
http://games4theworld.org/downloads.html

You cannot "mix" our Ultimate fix/Get to Work expansion with those Sims 4 versions that need Origin to run.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Apr 2015, 20:25

I got it work Carlos. I miss a lot of folders and left over old Sims 4 files in my Registry. I deleted and it started working without Origin. I suggest anyone having problems look through your computer completely. Remove anything related to Sims 4 in your Registry. Trust me if I got it to work you can.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top