Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Late Night Install Error. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Late Night Install Error. [SOLVED] Empty Late Night Install Error. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 07 Sep 2011, 04:18

Hey guys, I recently downloaded all of the xps from here and am currently in the process of installing them and using the ultimate fix after. I installed most of the games so far but the process has come to a halt. The late night installshield is all in random characters and ?s, it asks me "????????????" at the start, which meant Install, so I hit the button that is most likely yes (since its like ??? and more gibberish) and begins installing. About 5 seconds in it encounters an error saying "The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect (0x7b)" But, the file it is trying to install is in half question marks (???????????, C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\????3??????\Support\EA Help....etc) and is clearly not a real file. I tried ignoring them but they go on forever. All other expansions have installed perfectly, i have redownloaded Late Night many times but it keeps coming up. I searched the web and didn't find any error like this. Any help would be awesome..Thanks

Back to top Go down

Late Night Install Error. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Late Night Install Error. [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 07 Sep 2011, 10:15

Hello,
Can I ask which program you used to extract the files?
You can only use winRAR to extract G4TW files or the files get messed up. G4TW has a winRAR version available from the official website, just follow the link in my signature.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Sep 2011, 14:17

Late Night Install Error. [SOLVED] 2279017149 I used ALZip so that is probably why, should I extract with winrar and install all of the games again since only Late Night had the error and the rest installed perfectly? Right now I am extracting late night with winrar and installing to see if it works.

//EDIT

Well i extracted with winrar and I am still getting all the ?s and random letters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 07 Sep 2011, 15:07

Hello,

Please be 100% sure you did as following:

Open the .rar file you downloaded using only WinRar, which can be downloaded from www.games4theworld.org . (If you use any other software than WinRar, like WinZip or 7-zip, the files will get messed up!)
When you've opened the file using WinRar, select áll the files in it and drag & drop them to a folder on your Desktop. When the extraction is done, close the .rar file and open the folder on your Desktop.
Now, start by reading the included "# Installation Guide.txt" and you should be able to get the game to work yourself. Good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Sep 2011, 16:53

I extracted with WinRar and all that jazz but still had the messed up installshield, so i went back and looked to see if something from late night was in my registry and sure enough, some late night files were there. Deleted all of the files and now it works perfectly,thanks for the help Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 07 Sep 2011, 18:17

l33t wrote:I extracted with WinRar and all that jazz but still had the messed up installshield, so i went back and looked to see if something from late night was in my registry and sure enough, some late night files were there. Deleted all of the files and now it works perfectly,thanks for the help Smile
Hello,

Ah, glad you got it to work now. Please let us know if you have any more problems in the future, we'd be more than happy to help.
If you ever want to reinstall something, first uninstall the program/game and then RESTART your PC to delete leftover files. After that, you can start the reinstallation.

Have fun playing!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)