Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need some serious help, for the love of tea.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I need some serious help, for the love of tea. Empty I need some serious help, for the love of tea.

Post by Guest Sun 19 Apr 2015, 22:54

Hello! Brand spanking new member here. Although I've been creeping for over a year. *ahem.*
I had the Sims 3 installed before, with all of the expansion packs. I want it again and can't figure it out.
I've read all the installation tutorials and watched the videos and tried everything I can think of.
I'm thinking it may have downloaded incorrectly but I would like a second opinion before I delete and uninstall, only to go through another five-hour download.
Here's my problem.

1) The extraction! I right-clicked 'The Sims 3' in WinRar and extracted to folder. No problems. Simple stuff!
2) I look up 'The_Sims_3_Disk_1', file does not exist. 'The_Sims_3_StartDisk' does not exist.
   That's okay, it's just computer stuff, there's always another way - right? So...
3) I run the Sims 3 Installer after entering the registration key from the installation guide. Game opens, says it's a bad pirate version and that I am bad for being a pirate, so I close it and proceed...
4) I drag TS3W and TSLHost.dll into Electronic Arts>Sims 3>Game>Bin folder, but there is no option to 'replace files' like there usually is.
5) I muck around and mess things up for a few hours, have some tea, continue messing things up, get excited several times as I think I may have gotten it, realize I'm wrong, delete everything, start over, repeat, watch every video and finally give up and come sulking to the forum.
It could have very well just downloaded incorrectly, but I would like to know for sure. HELP? Please?

Cheers!

EDIT: I think I got it! It's been too long. Sorry to anyone who wastes their time reading this! It's murphy's law that this would only start to make sense after making a post about it...Oh my...

EDIT EDIT EDIT:
I give up. Four hours later. Followed every instruction perfectly, 'ERROR!' Someone help me.

Last edited by batslabber on Mon 20 Apr 2015, 04:58; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : HALP)

Back to top Go down

I need some serious help, for the love of tea. Empty Re: I need some serious help, for the love of tea.

Post by Sim Architect Mon 20 Apr 2015, 09:52

Hi! Welcome to our Forum!

I would advise you to follow very carefully the instructions on the link and video below (if you have the time, the video is nice and you can jump some parts of it where I install expansions, since the process tends to be a bit repetitive for each expansion you install).

Games4theWorld Install Sims 3

Please let us know if you got your problem solved or if you need further assistance.

Happy simming!

Tea 5 Tea 5
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4