Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is this specs okey with The Sims 3 with Diesel, Town Life, Master Suite, Stuffs and seasons EP

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is this specs okey with The Sims 3 with Diesel, Town Life, Master Suite, Stuffs and seasons EP Empty Is this specs okey with The Sims 3 with Diesel, Town Life, Master Suite, Stuffs and seasons EP

Post by Guest Thu 23 Apr 2015, 11:52

okay after you guys fixed my problems i want to know if the specs i have are okay (casue apparently after i updated the game put the stuff packs i downloaded and seasons EP, i get lags and freeze but its not always it just occurs when i go to Map View and when creating a sim which also has a little bit of delay problems when choosing clothes and other thing when in CAS. is it also suggested for a game booster. I dont know if my specs is classified as low end but i think it is, looking at the games today i can say my PC is low-end

Specs:
Processor: pentium 4 2.1Ghz
Graphics: ATI HD series 4350
RAM 1GB before it is 2GB now i dont know what happened to the other card it just sudddenly broke its a DDR2
windows xp 32 bit
direct x 9

games installed:

GTA SA
Need for Speed Hot pursuit 2 (not the criterion one)
Bully: Scholarship Edition
Chrome (not google chrome)
Freedom Fighters
The Sims 3 (with Diesel, Town Life, and Master Suite Stuff and Seasons EP)

Note:

The Sims 3 is played by me and my other 5 siblings i dont know whats the save limit though

Back to top Go down

Is this specs okey with The Sims 3 with Diesel, Town Life, Master Suite, Stuffs and seasons EP Empty Re: Is this specs okey with The Sims 3 with Diesel, Town Life, Master Suite, Stuffs and seasons EP

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 23 Apr 2015, 18:08

Hello,

Well, if you put all of your settings on "low" and keep your world and household small, you can probably enjoy the game in this configuration well enough. 
Some lag is to be expected, but if it's just this, it's not too bad.

Game booster can help a little bit. I would also advise against installing other EP's and keep the amount of mods you use limited.

Stay away from large worlds like Bridgeport. The more sims there are, the more likely it is you'll get lag. 
It may also be a good idea to get a mod called Overwatch, that takes care of things like unroutable sims and massive amounts of vehicles in Sims' inventories (seriously, I once saw Overwatch report and take care of over 1500 cars!).

If you're interested, I once designed a small island world especially for low end pc's. I may still have that somewhere, with or without residential lots (I'm not sure, the pc broke before I could properly finish it).
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Is this specs okey with The Sims 3 with Diesel, Town Life, Master Suite, Stuffs and seasons EP Empty Re: Is this specs okey with The Sims 3 with Diesel, Town Life, Master Suite, Stuffs and seasons EP

Post by Guest Fri 24 Apr 2015, 07:37

well i iam running the game on low settings except for the reflection which is set to mirrors only. also the advanced rendering thing should i enable or disable it? currently it is enabled.

I have only the Riverview and Sunset Valley Worlds. I am not planning on adding any EPs and SPs i am satisfied with what i have installed. 3 SPs (Diesel, Town Life, Master Suite) and 1 EP (Seasons)

If you still have the world i would gladly try it, if it is still there.

Since you said the game booster will help a little, i may it but if i feel that there is little to no change im uninstalling the GB right away. I am considering trying Overwatch.

As for the household i have 5 saved households. with a max member of 4 minimum of 2

These are the Saved Households:

4 Member Household - Mine
2 Member Household - Sister
2 Member Household - Younger Twin Brothers
4 Member Household - Younger Sister ( now a 5 member because she let the Couple try a baby and now its a teenager)

The Above Household is only in Sunset Valley and the last is in Riverview with 3 Member Household which i own.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Apr 2015, 20:32

FWIW, I run Sims3 on an old Vista system with similar specs - Athlon 64 x2 3.0gig, 2gig RAM, 512meg vid card. The base game runs fine (1440x960 window on 23" monitor), adding Seasons caused no appreciable performance loss, adding Ambitions caused occasional pauses and stutters (usually when snowing heavily or when panning across the screen rapidly), but frame rates average 70-80 otherwise. Have about a dozen of Twallan's mods running and thirty or so packages (clothing, furniture/appliances, and automobiles); graphics options are all set to medium or low, no AA.

RAM, not CPU, is my major issue; 2gig is borderline, my game uses about 1.5 now, so I won't be adding any other EPs. Have only encountered the dread "Error 12" once when saving; I let the game run at normal speed a sim-hour or so longer (til 3AM, when Twallan's mods do their cleanup) then saved to a different file name and all was well.

I'm not a fan of game boosters (have tried several over the years) but can heartily recommend Process Lasso. This runs in the background and limits resources alloted to background processes, even halting them if they will adversely affect foreground programs; there is a "game mode" (only available in the registered version) which functions more aggressively. Unlike many such programs PL does not claim to make the system any faster nor to magically give the effect of more memory, all it does is make the system run more smoothly and responsively. And unlike game boosters you do not have to start this before a game and run it again afterwards.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 26 Apr 2015, 10:48

Hello,

I've always had advanced rendering enabled on my old machine, you can disable it though to see if it has any effect. The reason it was enabled on my pc, was that I ran Pets and needed it enabled.

I'll look up that world and upload it!
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Apr 2015, 05:04

okey m'lady gonna try turning it off since i only have seasons Ep and diesel, master suite, Town Life as SPs, I'll update when there are changes...looking forward to that world..

@jgf

okey gonna try the process lasso. will post an update when needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top