Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cabinet file corrupt

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cabinet file corrupt Empty Cabinet file corrupt

Post by Guest Fri 24 Apr 2015, 19:46

Hello.

I've tried to install The Sims 4 (your file ofc.) on my boyfriends PC. I have the game installed on my own laptop, and it runs smoothly, but I simply cannot figure out how to install it correctly on the PC. 
I get an error, no matter what I try, I've followed the installation guide and opened The Sims 4.exe file. I've attached a picture of the error message, and I don't know what it means - or what to do with it.

//EDIT

I can't even figure out how to add the picture.. 

The error is: "The cabinet file 'setup1.cab' required for the installation is corrupt and cannot be used. The could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package."

//EDIT

Nobody?? :-(

Back to top Go down

Cabinet file corrupt Empty Re: Cabinet file corrupt

Post by Guest Sun 26 Apr 2015, 01:30

have you extract everything from the zip file?
the first time I tried to install I've got this error, then I realized that I've only extract the exe. file, not everything.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Apr 2015, 03:11

I have the exact same problem, I've re-downloaded the files 3 different times now, made sure there's no old sims4 files still installed and still I get the same message.

The cabinet file "setup1.cab" required for this installation is corrupt and can not be used.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Apr 2015, 06:52

Tasja wrote:Hello.

I've tried to install The Sims 4 (your file ofc.) on my boyfriends PC. I have the game installed on my own laptop, and it runs smoothly, but I simply cannot figure out how to install it correctly on the PC. 
I get an error, no matter what I try, I've followed the installation guide and opened The Sims 4.exe file. I've attached a picture of the error message, and I don't know what it means - or what to do with it.

//EDIT

I can't even figure out how to add the picture.. 

The error is: "The cabinet file 'setup1.cab' required for the installation is corrupt and cannot be used. The could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package."

//EDIT

Nobody?? :-(

Hi there, @Tasja, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Very Happy

Sorry for the very late reply.

Indeed, did you make sure to extract the RAR file correctly, using WinRAR exclusively? Any other program may damage the file causing some of these errors to appear. Also make sure that you extract all of the contents of the RAR and not some of them.

Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top