Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to start: the contents of user data directory...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to start: the contents of user data directory... Empty Unable to start: the contents of user data directory...

Post by Guest Fri 29 May 2015, 03:25

I downloaded your sims 4,GTW and fix. Everytime I keep getting "Unable to start: the contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of The Sims 4 and cannot be loaded. Please updated your game via origin to play." I did own a unpirated game but uninstalled it completely because I didnt want to pay money to EA for the GTW expansion. I also am using a fake origin.

Back to top Go down

Unable to start: the contents of user data directory... Empty Re: Unable to start: the contents of user data directory...

Post by Guest Fri 29 May 2015, 15:07

Any Help?

Back to top Go down

Unable to start: the contents of user data directory... Empty Re: Unable to start: the contents of user data directory...

Post by coolcandy3001 Fri 29 May 2015, 20:40

It sounds like the Ultimate Fix did not work proparly. Can you go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4 and open a text file called "GameVersion" and tell me what it says?
coolcandy3001
coolcandy3001
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims, Animal Crossing WW & NL, Tomodachi Life, Sonic Adventure 2, The Dog Island, Minecraft, Terraria & *Many more*

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 May 2015, 01:01

1.7.65.1020, If had had played the sims on a legit version before would it be messing it up?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 06 Jun 2015, 01:44

kidcool97 wrote:1.7.65.1020, If had had played the sims on a legit version before would it be messing it up?

Sorry for the very belated reply,

But can you try re-applying the latest (!) Ultimate fix ? Get it from the opening post here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18086-the-sims-4-ultimate-fix

And of course, before playing the cracked Sims 4, make sure to close ALL Origin-related windows and prompts, even the Origin log-in prompt. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Jun 2015, 20:24

did it again still get the same message

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 10 Jun 2015, 22:06

kidcool97 wrote:did it again still get the same message

Navigate to My Documents/Electronic Arts and change the name of the folder "The Sims 4" into anything you like. Then re-start the game and see if anything improved.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Jun 2015, 06:39

Now its say its missing or damaged

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Jun 2015, 06:40

also it wont let me do it without have orgin at least offline

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 11 Jun 2015, 22:38

kidcool97 wrote:also it wont let me do it without have orgin at least offline

Are you actually sure you got your Sims 4stuff from Games4theworld ? You are NOT supposed ti run Origin parallel to our game. You must close ALL Origin windows before playing this cracked game.

Also, please re-read the included instructions in the Ultimate fix. Make sure to copy & paste the files from the Ultimate fix, into the correct location. This is - again - C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4. When prompted, overwrite all of the old files and folders.

Because I think you did something wrong in the whole process. Make sure to read everything carefully, and feel free to report back about your progress. Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Jun 2015, 05:22

it goes in 68 not 86,ill see if thats the problem

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Jun 2015, 09:07

Ah,fiddled around with it and something about temp files and appdata seemed to be the problem

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 Jun 2015, 01:01

kidcool97 wrote:Ah,fiddled around with it and something about temp files and appdata seemed to be the problem

Hi there, @kidcool97! Very Happy

So, were you able to fix the problem? If so, could you be a little more specific about what you did to fix it? It would be very useful for us and a lot of other users that could encounter the same problem. Thanks in advance!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 Jun 2015, 15:18

Hey there, I've been doing exactly everything you have mentioned previously and I got the base game from you + downloaded the fix from you, but it will not work... Don't know what to do...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top