Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC Not Showing Up In CAS.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CC Not Showing Up In CAS. Empty CC Not Showing Up In CAS.

Post by Guest Thu 18 Jun 2015, 09:28

I downloaded some CC and started to make a new sim after having to reinstall for another reason and now CC that showed up before isn't showing up? The box that lists mods says that the game knows it's there but when I have to actually use it, it's nowhere to be seen. Has anyone else had this problem?

Back to top Go down

CC Not Showing Up In CAS. Empty Re: CC Not Showing Up In CAS.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 19 Jun 2015, 02:44

ab17 wrote:I downloaded some CC and started to make a new sim after having to reinstall for another reason and now CC that showed up before isn't showing up? The box that lists mods says that the game knows it's there but when I have to actually use it, it's nowhere to be seen. Has anyone else had this problem?

Hello and welcome to the forum,

When the CC still worked, was your game on a previous patch version ? If your game is NOW on a newer patch level (compared to before, when the CC still showed up), the CC might not work anymore, but that's only a theory. 

Are you sure you put the CC items into the right location ? See this guide here for an introduction on how to put in CC items correctly.

And can you try deleting the file localthumbcache.package too, which you can find in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4 ? Re-start the game and see if it makes any difference.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Jun 2015, 09:31

as Carlos said, that might be the reason,the CC you've last installed is not compatible anymore in the game version you have.

and another thing,
if your game version is still in 1.7.65.1020 then some of new posted CC might not work/show up in CAS. I've experienced it, I'm still in version 1.7.65.1020, then I tried installing Marigold's Mary Jane's Shoes which was posted last June 13, and it won't show up in my game, because it's not compatible with the current version I have. But not all CC is like that. All we have to do is to wait for the Fix! <3 

Back to top Go down

Post by coolcandy3001 Fri 19 Jun 2015, 19:05

As someone who now has 6,849 CC in her Mods folder, I find this problem often. Usually, yes, it's there, it just shows up after many filters are applied.
          Are you sure it's not a recolor? Check swatches on in-game items and see if there any unusual colours around. Also, try adding color filters - some of the CC I have no longer show up unless I click on the arrow on the side, check a color/material and bam it's there! I think maybe the game can only handle so many thumbails before it gives up Razz
coolcandy3001
coolcandy3001
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims, Animal Crossing WW & NL, Tomodachi Life, Sonic Adventure 2, The Dog Island, Minecraft, Terraria & *Many more*

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Jun 2015, 22:24

Maybe I'm just not looking hard enough then haha. It seems like the majority of the CC doesn't show up and then it'll randomly show some with no real purpose.  Is it something that a new update might fix?

Back to top Go down

Post by coolcandy3001 Fri 19 Jun 2015, 23:47

ab17 wrote:Maybe I'm just not looking hard enough then haha. It seems like the majority of the CC doesn't show up and then it'll randomly show some with no real purpose.  Is it something that a new update might fix?
I doubt it, as the current update was to fix problems caused by CC. I wish EA would make a search function is CAS though, it'd be a light saver!
Sorry I can't help you though, I have this problem but have just learnt to live with it I guess Razz
coolcandy3001
coolcandy3001
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims, Animal Crossing WW & NL, Tomodachi Life, Sonic Adventure 2, The Dog Island, Minecraft, Terraria & *Many more*

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 20 Jun 2015, 19:17

Not sure if it can be caused by having too many different .package files, but if you happen to have lots of those, try merging them. See this here:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t20432-how-to-merge-package-files

And no, I haven't had this problem myself yet. Everything that I put in, also shows up in-game. But maybe I'm just lucky, and I actually don't even use that many CC items... Question  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Jun 2015, 04:06

Carlos wrote:Not sure if it can be caused by having too many different .package files, but if you happen to have lots of those, try merging them. See this here:

And no, I haven't had this problem myself yet. Everything that I put in, also shows up in-game. But maybe I'm just lucky, and I actually don't even use that many CC items... Question  

I just tried doing that and it didn't seem to work. I'll try reinstalling on more time to see if the game  was just being temperamental for some reason.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Jun 2015, 05:48

ab17 wrote:
Carlos wrote:Not sure if it can be caused by having too many different .package files, but if you happen to have lots of those, try merging them. See this here:

I just tried doing that and it didn't seem to work. I'll try reinstalling on more time to see if the game  was just being temperamental for some reason.
Sorry for the double post! Good news: CC is working now! Bad News: Get to work stopped working for whatever reason  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd . I'll never understand the Sims and all it's random issues

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 24 Jun 2015, 03:34

ab17 wrote:Sorry for the double post! Good news: CC is working now! Bad News: Get to work stopped working for whatever reason  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd . I'll never understand the Sims and all it's random issues

What exactly do you mean by "Get to Work stopped working" ? Do you mean the game crashes now to the desktop ? If so, can you try the "DEP fix" I described here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19624-gtw-problem#134998

Then re-start the game and play on.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Jun 2015, 20:13

Carlos wrote:
ab17 wrote:Sorry for the double post! Good news: CC is working now! Bad News: Get to work stopped working for whatever reason  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd . I'll never understand the Sims and all it's random issues

What exactly do you mean by "Get to Work stopped working" ? Do you mean the game crashes now to the desktop ? If so, can you try the "DEP fix" I described here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19624-gtw-problem#134998

Then re-start the game and play on.
 Sorry it took so long for me to answer. By that I meant that I copy and pasted the files but my game doesn't even acknowledge that they're there! Similarly to my cc issue before

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 27 Jun 2015, 07:29

ab17 wrote: Sorry it took so long for me to answer. By that I meant that I copy and pasted the files but my game doesn't even acknowledge that they're there! Similarly to my cc issue before

Are you sure you copied and pasted the files into the CORRECT location...? That would be C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4.

It is NOT My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4.

Also, did you make sure to close Origin completely, when running the game ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top