Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DLC.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DLC. Empty DLC.

Post by Guest Thu 25 Jun 2015, 18:27

Right after sims 4 is open and starting I exit sims and then it takes ages to load and never loads to the main menu and then i try again and i wait till the music and then I get load and ect but the dlc never comes up..

Back to top Go down

DLC. Empty Re: DLC.

Post by Guest Thu 25 Jun 2015, 18:39

Is Origin running in the background?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Jun 2015, 18:40

no it's not running in the background i make sure

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Jun 2015, 18:45

Is Anti-Virus off?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Jun 2015, 18:47

yes i literally have everything turned off

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Jun 2015, 18:51

Maybe you should uninstall and reinstall The Sims 4, I think your Firewall or Anti-Virus might've deleted a certain file from your game

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Jun 2015, 18:54

normally after i retstart anti viris gets turned off and firewall is normally off

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 27 Jun 2015, 07:39

kalelum wrote:normally after i retstart anti viris gets turned off and firewall is normally off

//MOVED

Hello and welcome to the forum,

Are you sure you configured the "exclusions" and the firewall on your laptop correctly ? See this post again:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-6-3-2015

And AFTER (re-) doing this procedure, try re-downloading the crack-only here:
http://bit.ly/1dL2nT0

Copy & paste those files (inside the .RAR) into C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Game\Bin. When prompted, overwrite the existing files. Then re-start the game, and see if that shows any improvement. 

Please keep in mind that simply "turning off everything" doesn't always help. Many anti-virus programs simply don't accept this kind of user-input. So even if it says "anti-virus is off", it may actually still be working in the background, without you knowing it. You should familiarize yourself with yoursecurity software, and see how "exclusions" are configured there.

Good luck for now ! DLC. Icon_smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 28 Jun 2015, 02:58

I don't want this taken personally but from how you all work at your pace but I followed everything, read the instructions word by word but I think it's not the DlC it's more because it's not been updated but i'm having crashes ect and how it can't connect to origin and stuff like that

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 28 Jun 2015, 03:28

kalelum wrote:I don't want this taken personally but from how you all work at your pace but I followed everything, read the instructions word by word but I think it's not the DlC it's more because it's not been updated but i'm having crashes ect and how it can't connect to origin and stuff like that

No, I don't take it personally. But you should - if possible - always be as precise as possible about your problems. In your own interest, and also because it makes things easier for the Helper who is trying to assist you. Smile

When exactly does the game crash...? At startup ? In the middle of the game ? Are you getting any error messages ? Have you added any custom content as of lately ? Also, see the "DEP fix" that I described in this post here. Maybe it can help a bit reducing crashes. Another idea: reduce some graphics options in your in-game options menu, and try BOTH options named "laptop mode on" and "laptop mode off". Just mark or unmark the box that say laptop mode.

Also, if you mean you are having gallery problems, most of the things surrounding that have been documented here already:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18195-connecting-to-the-gallery-in-the-sims-4

Have you read the guide ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 28 Jun 2015, 05:13

Like during gameplay and I've removed the cc thats recent as it's not compatible with this version of the game or doesn't show up at all but no it just crashed and "sims 4 has stopped working" then it plays for hours straight and then it starts again but personally I've lowered my graphic ect and I'm pretty sure everything is all updated ect just what I think personally it is from not being all updated if i am personally honest

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 01 Jul 2015, 10:49

kalelum wrote:Like during gameplay and I've removed the cc thats recent as it's not compatible with this version of the game or doesn't show up at all but no it just crashed and "sims 4 has stopped working" then it plays for hours straight and then it starts again but personally I've lowered my graphic ect and I'm pretty sure everything is all updated ect just what I think personally it is from not being all updated if i am personally honest

Lowering the graphics can be one option, yes. Another idea would be to try and restore an older version of your savefile. See step 2 of the guide here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t20396-unable-to-start-the-contents-of-your-user-data-directory-were-created-by-a-newer-version-of-the-sims-4

Those crashings could be due to a corrupted save, but I can't really tell you more at this point, sorry.

P.S. also make sure to download and install ALL available "Windows updates", too.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Jul 2015, 15:29

Carlos wrote:
kalelum wrote:Like during gameplay and I've removed the cc thats recent as it's not compatible with this version of the game or doesn't show up at all but no it just crashed and "sims 4 has stopped working" then it plays for hours straight and then it starts again but personally I've lowered my graphic ect and I'm pretty sure everything is all updated ect just what I think personally it is from not being all updated if i am personally honest

Lowering the graphics can be one option, yes. Another idea would be to try and restore an older version of your savefile. See step 2 of the guide here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t20396-unable-to-start-the-contents-of-your-user-data-directory-were-created-by-a-newer-version-of-the-sims-4

Those crashings could be due to a corrupted save, but I can't really tell you more at this point, sorry.

P.S. also make sure to download and install ALL available "Windows updates", too.
My graphics are on meduim because of some hair styles but I re started the game ect but it's fine so far but yeah just watching for the new version of the fix but thank you anyway!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum