Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adding in the Get To Work Problem. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Adding in the Get To Work Problem. [SOLVED] Empty Adding in the Get To Work Problem. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jul 2015, 04:42

I have had the base game from games4theworld for a few months now, and I have also used the Sims 4 Ultimate Fix. I decided that I wanted to add in the Get To Work expansion just for fun. I followed the instructions, and copy and pasted the files to where they needed to go. I replaced files when the pop-up came up during the copying, and it finished. However, when I tried running the game right after, an error popped up "Unable to start: The contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of The Sims 4 and cannot be loaded. Please update your game via Origin to play. [d6f91ffb]". I don't understand why this is popping up when I don't even have Origin in the first place. I would really like some help on this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Back to top Go down

Adding in the Get To Work Problem. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Adding in the Get To Work Problem. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 08 Jul 2015, 06:43

ZyklonB wrote:I have had the base game from games4theworld for a few months now, and I have also used the Sims 4 Ultimate Fix. I decided that I wanted to add in the Get To Work expansion just for fun. I followed the instructions, and copy and pasted the files to where they needed to go. I replaced files when the pop-up came up during the copying, and it finished. However, when I tried running the game right after, an error popped up "Unable to start: The contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of The Sims 4 and cannot be loaded. Please update your game via Origin to play. [d6f91ffb]". I don't understand why this is popping up when I don't even have Origin in the first place. I would really like some help on this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Hello and welcome to the forum,

The Ultimate fix is meant for people who already have "Get to Work" installed. The correct install order is:

1) install TS4 base gmae
2) install "Get to Work"
3) apply (latest) Ultimate fix

In your case, after you seemingly added "Get to Work", just re-apply the files from the latest Ultimate fix. And try the game again. If you still have issues after that, try un-installing your Sims 4 stuff and re-boot the computer. After that, re-install the stuff, following the install order I just mentioned.

Also, see this post here too, for other possible solutions, if a re-install doesn't help either:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t20396-unable-to-start-the-contents-of-your-user-data-directory-were-created-by-a-newer-version-of-the-sims-4

Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Adding in the Get To Work Problem. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Adding in the Get To Work Problem. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jul 2015, 07:47

After performing a system refresh on my computer, it removed all Sims 4 files I had on my computer, which meant that I could start this from scratch. After downloading the torrents again, and following the install instructions, as well as installing in the order stated "Sims 4, Get to Work, ultimate fix" a new error pops up "The procedure entry point_except1 could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\ The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4.exe. I really don't understand what I'm doing wrong with this. I thought starting from scratch would solve the problem, but instead it just created another.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 08 Jul 2015, 07:51

ZyklonB wrote:(...) I really don't understand what I'm doing wrong with this. I thought starting from scratch would solve the problem, but instead it just created another.

See this post here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t20398-the-procedure-entry-point-____-could-not-be-located

//EDIT

Your (very big) mistake was to do a "system restore": not only was that for your problem totally unnecessary, but such a system restore typically removes a ton of your installed stuff too. For the future, you should only do such a system restore if there is no other "hope" left to solve a serious problem. Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jul 2015, 07:58

Oh the system restore was not only for this problem, my computer has been acting up quite a bit lately, and I partially wanted to clean my computer up a bit, which it did do as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 08 Jul 2015, 08:01

ZyklonB wrote:Oh the system restore was not only for this problem, my computer has been acting up quite a bit lately, and I partially wanted to clean my computer up a bit, which it did do as well.

Oh, OK then. Smile  Anyhow, the "procedure entry point"-error is typically one that is relatively easy to solve. See the link I posted before again. Good luck, and do post back about your progress !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jul 2015, 08:04

You are so great^^ I just told my friend about a random person who helped me with my problems xD normally this friend is my tech support, but he didn't even understand the problem. The game runs now, and even though it sucks that I lost my chain of a family, I can start over fresh and hopefully not have any more problems. Thanks for your help^^

Edit: some how some way, I don't know how, but all of my previous households that I had made are still on here. I couldn't have been any happier after seeing that I didn't have to create my perfect families again^^

Mod edit: problem solved, topic closed. Have fun !

- Carlos

Last edited by Carlos on Thu 09 Jul 2015, 19:44; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : update)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top