Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Expansion Pack Question/Problem [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Expansion Pack Question/Problem [SOLVED] Empty Expansion Pack Question/Problem [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 06 Sep 2015, 07:25

Ok, I have read through the install instructions on the site, in the ultimate fix and in the torrent download. The problem I am having is that I have a legit copy that I purchased from Steam and when I try to install World Adventures it tells me it can't find my Sims 3 game. I tried following the Install guide included in the torrent for both the expansion pack and the fix from the install page but I don't have the registry key it's telling me to change in regedit. I'm just sort of lost at this point. I think it has to do with the fact that Steam puts it in it's own directory possibly? My game is completely up to date. Am I supposed to still patch legit files? *scratches head* 

Thanks in advance.

Back to top Go down

Expansion Pack Question/Problem [SOLVED] Empty Re: Expansion Pack Question/Problem [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 06 Sep 2015, 07:42

Hi there, @MareBear, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Very Happy

Unfortunately, due to the way Steam handles it's games, you can't install Expansion Packs on top of a Steam base game. It's not even limited to our download, if you buy an original disc it won't work with Steam's base game, only EPs and SPs from Steam work with that version.

So, your best option would be to uninstall the Steam version and also download the base game from our website. Sorry about that.

Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Expansion Pack Question/Problem [SOLVED] Empty Re: Expansion Pack Question/Problem [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 06 Sep 2015, 07:52

UGH! Wish I would have found this site BEFORE I wasted money purchasing that game from there. It was on sale for 60% off tho Sad However all hope may not be lost. I can access everything for TS3 without the use of steam at all. Which I actually do. Would it be possible to just move my installation to where the game would originally install? If that doesn't work couldn't I just use my key code I got from Steam and still manage to have a legit copy of the original game and work from there using your install?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Sep 2015, 08:01

MareBear wrote:UGH! Wish I would have found this site BEFORE I wasted money purchasing that game from there. It was on sale for 60% off tho Sad However all hope may not be lost. I can access everything for TS3 without the use of steam at all. Which I actually do. Would it be possible to just move my installation to where the game would originally install? If that doesn't work couldn't I just use my key code I got from Steam and still manage to have a legit copy of the original game and work from there using your install?

How long ago did you buy it? If it was very soon, you may be able to get a refund for it.

So, you say you can play the game with Steam closed? Interesting. We haven't fully tested if transferring the folder may work, that would need some experimentation. And apparently, some people have had success transferring their Steam key over to Origin, by registering it on an EA Account at their website. You can try that if you want:
https://activate.ea.com/applyentitlement.do

A base game from Origin will work just fine with EPs and SPs downloaded from here.

Let us know what you are going to do, and how it goes. Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Sep 2015, 08:12

Yup. I just went into where the game was in the steamapps folder and put a shortcut to it on my desktop. Worked great for the last few days. 

I just scanned the whole bit of the folders/sub folders and no where did I find the files steam usually injects into their purchased games. It's usually a DLL and something else. I'm holding onto hope! lol 

I'm going to try the easiest route first. I'm copying the game to where it would have originally installed if I hadn't used steam. If that is a bust then I'll try to convert my activation to Origin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Sep 2015, 08:14

Ok, that gave me an unable to start please reinstall base game error. Figured that wouldn't work but had to try the lazy way first lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Sep 2015, 08:44

The Origin Migration worked! About to uninstall the steam version and install the Origin ver. Thanks a bunch!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Sep 2015, 09:30

I spoke too soon. I can't even get the Origin version to start. Not even from the TS3 exe. *sighs*

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Sep 2015, 13:34

WOOHOOO! Ok, fixed that issue, got everything installed and it works GREAT! It was actually easy for me since I own the base game. Just had to install the cracks for the no-cd in base game and then the one for World Adventures. Eazy Peezy! Thank you so much!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Sep 2015, 18:39

MareBear wrote:WOOHOOO! Ok, fixed that issue, got everything installed and it works GREAT! It was actually easy for me since I own the base game. Just had to install the cracks for the no-cd in base game and then the one for World Adventures. Eazy Peezy! Thank you so much!

Glad to hear that you were able to get it working! Very Happy

You can install any other Expansion Packs and Stuff Packs following the same instructions.

Do you consider this problem solved now, or is there anything else we can help you with at the moment? I tip my fedora.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Sep 2015, 18:59

Definitely solved.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Sep 2015, 20:23

MareBear wrote:Definitely solved.

Very well. Problem solved, topic closed. If you ever need anything else, or if you encounter any other problems, don't doubt to come back. Have fun! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top