Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When you uninstall an expansion...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

When you uninstall an expansion... Empty When you uninstall an expansion...

Post by Guest Thu 01 Oct 2015, 11:54

Does it have a negative effect on your save? No corruption or anything like that?

Back to top Go down

When you uninstall an expansion... Empty Re: When you uninstall an expansion...

Post by Guest Thu 01 Oct 2015, 14:46

If you are playing in the world that is included in that expansion you will not be able to load it. If not, objects from that expansion will be replaced with others.
From what I know, this is all it can happen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Thu 01 Oct 2015, 20:41

V10R37 wrote:If you are playing in the world that is included in that expansion you will not be able to load it. If not, objects from that expansion will be replaced with others.
From what I know, this is all it can happen.
What he said.
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Oct 2015, 05:35

Okay cool, i just gotta be careful when im on expansion worlds I guess. On that point I do have a couple questions.

1. Can you cancel certain aspects of an expansion? I like to play realistically so i dont wanna see vampires, ghouls, etc. Not even neighbors like that. Can I enjoy the expansion without specific details of it?

2. Seeing as how I get university life obhects while not at the uni and get an option to turn regular residential lots into apartments in sunset valley...does the same principle apply with something like the delicious indulgent bakery or any other dlc like late night? As in, accessing its contents while not being in its thematic world? I dont see it in my "Complete Sims 3" download so maybe it was bundled with another expansion?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Oct 2015, 05:58

If you have The Sims 3 Supernatural installed, you can disable almost all supernatural sims from the game settings. For the fool moon zombies you will need to set a single lunar phase (other than fool moon), and for the unicorn (it comes with Pets I believe) you may need a mod.
Deliciously Indulgent Bakery is Custom Content from the Store.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Oct 2015, 05:59

Cool thanks. i hear nraas master controller mod works for population control in cases where thats not supported. Very popular modder apparently

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Thu 08 Oct 2015, 02:06

ruisuki wrote:Cool thanks. i hear nraas master controller mod works for population control in cases where thats not supported. Very popular modder apparently
Great advice! Yes, you can use that to disable zombies I think, and to convert the other supernatural creatures into regular sims. Not sure about unicorns but, to be honest, I had never seen them, I believe you need to "search for them" in order to spot one, and they are just horses with a single horn in the middle of the forehead anyway, nothing THAT crazy Wink

I usually played with witches and vampires only. Celebrity system always on (yay!). Fairies look funny with those wings, and werewolves and zombies are also very supernatural looking, so I always liked to turn mine off, but vampires and witches are more discreet, so it felt ok for me.

I also tend to turn off that random pet and animals generator to make the game run lighter, since it feels a bit heavier once you start to get a heavy animal population. It won't disable your ability to adopt a pet for yourself or family Smile

Tea 3 Tea 3 Tea 3 Tea 3

Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Oct 2015, 10:17

Thats great. I liked the pets EP before I heard more about it. By minimizing their spawns I may actually install it. Besides nothing lost since most EPS usually add a little extra anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top