Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody fancy some Minecraft this weekend? Server down since a couple of (weeks?) ago...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Anybody fancy some Minecraft this weekend? Server down since a couple of (weeks?) ago... Empty Anybody fancy some Minecraft this weekend? Server down since a couple of (weeks?) ago...

Post by Sim Architect Fri 23 Oct 2015, 19:25

Hi there!

I got Minecraft running, even though not splendidly, on my computer, I even visited the server a couple of times a few weeks ago, but nobody was around.

I might be able to meet you around during the weekend, if anybody is up to it and @Admin gets it running again... Would anybody like to join?

Meanwhile, love the new @Carlos's cookies. Let's enjoy some!

Cookie from Carlos Cookie from Carlos
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Anybody fancy some Minecraft this weekend? Server down since a couple of (weeks?) ago... Empty Re: Anybody fancy some Minecraft this weekend? Server down since a couple of (weeks?) ago...

Post by Phoebe Fri 23 Oct 2015, 21:26

Hello Sim!

Wow, they're Carlos' cookies? They look delicious!!  bounce

Also, thank you for your help on Sims 3 Mac Section when I was gone, much appreciated!  I love you
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Anybody fancy some Minecraft this weekend? Server down since a couple of (weeks?) ago... Empty Re: Anybody fancy some Minecraft this weekend? Server down since a couple of (weeks?) ago...

Post by Sim Architect Fri 23 Oct 2015, 21:33

Phoebe wrote:Hello Sim!

Also, thank you for your help on Sims 3 Mac Section when I was gone, much appreciated!  I love you
Yes, they are, and they go very well with the tea ones, like they come from the same "family"!

Thanks a lot for coming back, @Phoebe, happy to see you around!! I have no clue about Mac's and with my current computer, to be honest, I am not even using The Sims on it yet (I will, eventually), so just the thought of trying a VMWare Machine running MacOS makes my computer slow down a bit Wink

I feel I was more like "calming people down" than giving actual good info they could use sometime.

I wish we can have some MineCraft fun time eventually this weekend, I miss that! Smile

Tea 5 Cookie from Carlos Cookie from Carlos Tea 5
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Fri 23 Oct 2015, 21:37

Sim Architect wrote:
Phoebe wrote:Hello Sim!

Yes, they are, and they go very well with the tea ones, like they come from the same "family"!

Thanks a lot for coming back, @Phoebe, happy to see you around!! I have no clue about Mac's and with my current computer, to be honest, I am not even using The Sims on it yet (I will, eventually), so just the thought of trying a VMWare Machine running MacOS makes my computer slow down a bit Wink

I feel I was more like "calming people down" than giving actual good info they could use sometime.

I wish we can have some MineCraft fun time eventually this weekend, I miss that! Smile

Tea 5 Cookie from Carlos Cookie from Carlos Tea 5

Yeah, I kinda missed MineCraft, and deleting all the walls while trying to build something, lolz.
I wonder how is our little world since I have left? 

Tea 4 Cookie from Carlos
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Fri 23 Oct 2015, 21:45

I have finally built the central tower (well, at least the "draft" of it) and got elevators working!

Also, built some subway lines and more elevators! Elevators everywhere!

There's lots of cool stuff to see around! Let me know if you want a couple of floors in the central tower to build yourself an apartment (and which ones you'd like better among the empty ones), when you have the chance, of course (just PM me the floors you'd like to claim and I will change the signs for you).

I am really looking forward our server coming back up and you all being around on line Wink

Tea 1 Tea 1
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 24 Oct 2015, 13:20

There was this issue with the game restarting and kicking everyone every few minutes.
I haven't figured it out yet, but I just restarted the server a few minutes ago, can you check if it works now?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Sat 24 Oct 2015, 14:05

Server up and running, yay!!

Maybe you could use that auto restart thingy with a different setting, like half hour or 20 min?

Even if that kick us out every half hour, we would not be without the server on for longer than that, in case anything happens Wink

What do you think? I am there right now, by the way!

Tea 1 Tea 1
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 24 Oct 2015, 14:11

I was also able to join, but couldn't stay for very long.
Can you stay for a while, just to make sure that you're not getting kicked? It'd be awesome if it's working again. Very Happy
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Sat 24 Oct 2015, 14:14

Just got kicked again after a few minutes (5 minutes aprox, 10:07 to 10:12 am Brazilian Time GMT -2).

Tea 1 Tea 1
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 24 Oct 2015, 14:17

Sim Architect wrote:Just got kicked again after a few minutes (5 minutes aprox, 10:07 to 10:12 am Brazilian Time GMT -2).

Tea 1 Tea 1
5 minutes? I think that is indeed the "refresh rate" of the online/offline checker. I'll change it to the old value (I think it was about 30 seconds), and see what happens. Can you try rejoining in about 8 minutes and then test again?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 24 Oct 2015, 14:21

I just noticed that the IP in the checker's configuration file was still the old IP address.
Maybe it would crash upon checking, because the IP addresses didn't match.
I changed the IP address to the new one, and changed the interval back to 30 seconds. Fingers crossed!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Sat 24 Oct 2015, 14:32

I am there, 10:30 AM GMT -2.

Whatever I did before I was kicked was lost (not much, but a few blocks were changed), my avatar was in the new position, though, so I guess that the server "stops saving" a minute or two before it kicks us out?

11:10, no crash yet playing for 40 minutes in a row, no kicking out Smile

I even made a tea spot inside your spa Wink

Tea 1 Cookie from Carlos Cookie from Carlos Tea 1
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Sat 24 Oct 2015, 15:27

Still having problems with the Spawn point (which SeoY gently changed to the central tower).

Anytime I try to spawn a villager, for example, it gets deleted. It seems there are some protections that I can't circumvent (I googled for it, no info about it found). Any clues on what we should do?

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Spawn/Multiplayer_details

Tea 1 Cookie from Carlos Cookie from Carlos Tea 1
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Sat 24 Oct 2015, 15:35

Maybe the info below can help, when you have time to play around the server and change stuff, of course Wink

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/support/server-support/server-administration/1934134-remove-newbie-spawn-point-restrictions

Not sure it works, though, but we may give it a try.

Tea 5 Tea 5
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 26 Oct 2015, 15:34

I changed the spawn protection to 0, and restarted the server.

But how about the crashing, it's good now? (Except for that one kick at the beginning?)
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Tue 27 Oct 2015, 17:40

[color=#FFAABB]Thanks! I will try the server later and I will let you know. It should do the trick, hopefully.

No, the server did not crash anymore, as far I am concerned. I'll also let you know if I face any issue.

Meanwhile, let's have some tea, have a great evening!

Tea 5 Tea 5
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Fri 30 Oct 2015, 19:41

Both problems fixed, @Admin! Thanks!

Now we can have our "maids" back Smile

Have a great evening!!

Tea 5 Tea 5
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Sun 22 Nov 2015, 08:11

I don't know what @Admin did, but the server is running just AWESOME!

I've been working for hours today (and I did work a lot until about a week ago, when I stopped doing "almost anything" as you probably know by now) and even on my slow machine I can enjoy even carts and lots of building...

Here's a little peek of something I've been working on Wink

Hope you all have some time to join / enjoy the game as well, keep us posted if you build something, so we can visit your creations. This one is under the spa Admin created at Admin's Family house Wink

I created an extention to the underground train line, an underground kitchen, plant/animal farm and other things that you have to visit to see Smile

Tea 5 Tea 5

Anybody fancy some Minecraft this weekend? Server down since a couple of (weeks?) ago... WJQMXoq
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 28 Nov 2015, 22:13

Sim Architect wrote:I don't know what @Admin did, but the server is running just AWESOME!
That's great news! It's good to see everything working better than ever. (With auto-start enabled Very Happy)
For as far as I can remember, all I did was fix the IP address in the configuration file. It was still pointing to the old server's IP.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top