Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More subscribers than Frida from ABBA???

View previous topic View next topic Go down

More subscribers than Frida from ABBA??? Empty More subscribers than Frida from ABBA???

Post by Sim Architect Sat 24 Oct 2015, 21:17

Can you believe I got more subscribers to my YouTube channel than Frida, from ABBA???

I know, my channel is much older, but she is an international celebrity, with just 500 subs??? Is her PR staff that bad? After WEEKS she only has those few views and subs (oh, and they are SPENDING on marketing, since I got to her new material several times through Facebook Ads)?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9I2NnelIPAgtjkB-j7Wnjg

Above is the link to her channel (I know, her music "misses" Agnetha a little bit and sounds dated, but still!), I can't refuse her a "little helping hand", let's give her some views!

She just released a limited edition, personally signed collection for just 12 pounds each in UK, yesterday, and is still not sold out (only 2 thousand copies for the entire world, that must be fake advertising, I can't believe that!)!

This "new world" sounds too weird to me sometimes, honestly!

I know people have no memory, but this is ABBA!!

afro flower flower afro

//EDIT: Jist if you are wondering, she sounds much better now than then Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TydCFLkGr0Q

What a Face
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

More subscribers than Frida from ABBA??? Empty Re: More subscribers than Frida from ABBA???

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 25 Oct 2015, 03:04

Not bad ! But I don't know how popular the old songs from ABBA, or any newer songs from former ABBA members are these days. Not so much, I guess. Of course, 25 years or so earlier and you would have an entirely different situation.

Very Happy
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

More subscribers than Frida from ABBA??? Empty Re: More subscribers than Frida from ABBA???

Post by Sim Architect Sun 25 Oct 2015, 10:30

Carlos wrote:Not bad ! But I don't know how popular the old songs from ABBA, or any newer songs from former ABBA members are these days. Not so much, I guess. Of course, 25 years or so earlier and you would have an entirely different situation.

Very Happy
I really like the way Frida sounds in the new video from just a couple of years ago! Much more mature (but she does not sound old at all, really nice for a 70 year old lady!) and independent/strong than the older songs (80's) from her then new solo career, where she was still sounding as if she was still providing support to Agnetha instead of being a solo singer.

Even though I love the group and I love Agnetha, I always felt that Frida had a very important part providing vocal foundation to the songs while Agnetha used to hit the higher and sharper notes.

I know that the ABBA brand seems a bit all over the place lately with the Mamma Mia show, they also had a movie a few years ago etc. It sounded funny for one of the four components of the band to have only those little followers and those few views after weeks there.

I feel that any unknown "girl make up video" gets more hits and subs in a few hours.

Of course, the democracy of it is great, since a regular person can find space like never before, which is one of the best (if not THE best) things of our internet generation!

But still, some things just don't "sound right" (no pun intented).

Tea 2 Tea 2
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top