Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need help with Counter-strike: Source.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I need help with Counter-strike: Source. Empty I need help with Counter-strike: Source.

Post by Guest Mon 02 Nov 2015, 01:33

ive played online on the game but now the servers wont load anymore. it says cannot connect to master server to recive server list.what should i do?

Back to top Go down

I need help with Counter-strike: Source. Empty Re: I need help with Counter-strike: Source.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 02 Nov 2015, 15:56

young judy wrote:ive played online on the game but now the servers wont load anymore. it says cannot connect to master server to recive server list.what should i do?

Hello and welcome to the forum,

It could be a problem with your firewall, but since you said you played in the past that's not a likely explanation. But can you try again at another point ? Maybe there is a temporary problem with the Steam servers.

I also had something similar once, and that was caused by internet problems on my ISP's end. Do you notice any decrease in your general internet performance (speed) ? If in doubt, try contacting your ISP and ask if there is a problem on their end.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

I need help with Counter-strike: Source. Empty Re: I need help with Counter-strike: Source.

Post by Guest Tue 22 Dec 2015, 19:43

Download (remove the spaces ) can't post links for 7 days
http://filedropper.com/masterservers

Copy MasterServers.vdf to config\ directory

* Standalone: C:\games\Counter-Strike Source\platform\config\MasterServers.vdf

* Steam: C:\Program Files\Steam\config\MasterServers.vdf

* NOTE: If masterserver2.vdf is in the same directory then overwrite it too - notice the naming difference

3. Make MasterServers.vdf read-only

* Right-click over MasterServers.vdf, select "Properties" and check "Read-only"

Admin Edit: Link fixed, thanks for sharing!

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 24 Dec 2015, 12:54

Tripleking wrote:Download (remove the spaces ) can't post links for 7 days
http://filedropper.com/masterservers

Copy MasterServers.vdf to config\ directory

* Standalone: C:\games\Counter-Strike Source\platform\config\MasterServers.vdf

* Steam: C:\Program Files\Steam\config\MasterServers.vdf

* NOTE: If masterserver2.vdf is in the same directory then overwrite it too - notice the naming difference

3. Make MasterServers.vdf read-only

* Right-click over MasterServers.vdf, select "Properties" and check "Read-only"

Admin Edit: Link fixed, thanks for sharing!

- ADMIN

That's an interesting fix. How often does an error like this occur ? I have had the game for nearly 10 years now (on Steam), played the game on and off, but never encountered the error. The only issue I had was due to a bad connection to the internet (see previous reply of me). Also, I'll assume that this "MasterServer"-file that you provided is actually part of the normal game installation of CS:S ?

If so, I guess you could also run an integrity check of your game cache to fix this - if you have the game on Steam.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Dec 2015, 15:23

When i used to play cs:S i had that issue and used the solution i have post here. If its steam you could indeed check the cache  of the game. But for nosteam users this is the only solution.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top