Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't select an option in DEP.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't select an option in DEP. Empty Can't select an option in DEP.

Post by Guest Wed 11 Nov 2015, 04:05

Hi my sims 4 is stopped working and search the problem in this forum. Then I went to Turn on blablabla in DEP but it's all grey out. How to select option on it? I don't want to use bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff. Also I use 4gb patch then run the and Origin is not running

Back to top Go down

Can't select an option in DEP. Empty Re: Can't select an option in DEP.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 22 Nov 2015, 07:02

Iroca wrote:Hi my sims 4 is stopped working and search the problem in this forum. Then I went to Turn on blablabla in DEP but it's all grey out. How to select option on it? I don't want to use bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff. Also I use 4gb patch then run the and Origin is not running

//MOVED

Hello,

Please don't apply the 4GB patch on the TS4.exe; that is not going to work. For now, please re-apply the latest Ultimate fix. After that...why is the DEP option greyed out for you ? Did you or somebody else turn off DEP completely on that computer ?

To test that, run the command prompt as Administrator (right-click on the Windows logo in Windows 8 + 10, and select Command Prompt Administrator). Now type bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOn. And hit enter. This will turn on DEP. Re-boot the computer. Then go back to the option where you can set the DEP "for Windows only" or whatever the exact wording is. See if it's not greyed out anymore.

Also, have you tried lowering some graphics settings (especially useful if you have a weaker computer) ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Nov 2015, 09:05

Carlos wrote:
Iroca wrote:Hi my sims 4 is stopped working and search the problem in this forum. Then I went to Turn on blablabla in DEP but it's all grey out. How to select option on it? I don't want to use bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff. Also I use 4gb patch then run the and Origin is not running

//MOVED

Hello,

Please don't apply the 4GB patch on the TS4.exe; that is not going to work. For now, please re-apply the latest Ultimate fix. After that...why is the DEP option greyed out for you ? Did you or somebody else turn off DEP completely on that computer ?

To test that, run the command prompt as Administrator (right-click on the Windows logo in Windows 8 + 10, and select Command Prompt Administrator). Now type bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOn. And hit enter. This will turn on DEP. Re-boot the computer. Then go back to the option where you can set the DEP "for Windows only" or whatever the exact wording is. See if it's not greyed out anymore.

Also, have you tried lowering some graphics settings (especially useful if you have a weaker computer) ?

Does turning AlwaysOff DEP will fix the crash? Like stopped working.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 08 Dec 2015, 14:57

Iroca wrote:
Does turning AlwaysOff DEP will fix the crash? Like stopped working.

I'm sorry for the late reply,

In the meantime, I actually wrote this here, in case you haven't seen it yet:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21728-the-sims-4-crashes-freezes-causes-shutdowns-possible-fixes-updated-on-04-12-2015

Yes, the "nx AlwaysOff" can help too, but it's no guarantee. Crashings can have many reasons, and crash causes can vary from system to system. Feel free to check out the thread I just linked to. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top